• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Is God eventually going to punish evil humans ?

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟168,475.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And if so what's the wait for ? God could just snap his mighty fingers and boom all the evil people are erased out of existence I don't know why God simply won't do this.
High on the 4th floor of the Acme Building,
One man
is still trying to find the answers
to Life's persistent questions

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟292,845.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And if so what's the wait for ? God could just snap his mighty fingers and boom all the evil people are erased out of existence I don't know why God simply won't do this.
I guess you could make a list.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟7,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess you could make a list.
This reminds me of an episode of the twilight zone called four o' clock. Have you seen it?

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟292,845.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This reminds me of an episode of the twilight zone called four o' clock. Have you seen it?
No, but I just checked on it. An episode where a sarcastic 'Well, I never so that coming' might have been in order. But Massimo might want to consider it.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟7,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, but I just checked on it. An episode where a sarcastic 'Well, I never so that coming' might have been in order. But Massimo might want to consider it.
You read about the episode and saw the relevance?

• Agree
Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟226,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because it’s not our business.

• Agree
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟99,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

God's inaction would seem to suggest a number of different possibilities.
  1. There is no God
  2. There are no evil people
  3. There are no non-evil people
  4. Erasing evil people would itself be evil, therefore to avoid hypocrisy God would need to erase Himself
Personally, I'm leaning toward #2, there are no evil people... there's just people.

Upvote 0

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟168,475.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
  1. There is no God
  4. Erasing evil people would itself be evil, therefore to avoid hypocrisy God would need to erase Himself
Personally, I'm leaning toward #2, there are no evil people... there's just people.
There are people. Evil ones.

David Lamb

May 30, 2024
Paignton
✟16,132.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
According to the bible, we are all sinful in God's sight. After all, as a perfectly holy God, He requires perfection, and which one of us could honestly say that we have obeyed what Jesus called the first and second commandments perfectly, every moment of every day?:

“37 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is [the] first and great commandment. 39 And [the] second [is] like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Mt 22:37-39 NKJV)

If God erased all who broke His commandments, there would be nobody left! That's why Jesus came to be the Saviour of sinners.

Upvote 0

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟168,475.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
According to the bible, we are all sinful in God's sight. After all, as a perfectly holy God, He requires perfection, and which one of us could honestly say that we have obeyed what Jesus called the first and second commandments perfectly, every moment of every day?:

“37 You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is [the] first and great commandment. 39 And [the] second [is] like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’” (Mt 22:37-39 NKJV)

If God erased all who broke His commandments, there would be nobody left! That's why Jesus came to be the Saviour of sinners.
So everyone is evil, because God made us that way,
and he will punish everyone for it?

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟189,041.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
  1. There is no God
I lean towards #1. It is the simplest answer.

Here is something I read the other day. Points for anybody who can identify their author:

I have never felt the need for religious faith to help me comprehend and deal with the world. However, I understand that for many people religion provides a moral anchor and seems essential. And, in my view, the private faith of anyone is nobody’s business except that of the individual concerned. I have no issue with religion when it occupies this private space and doesn’t seek to impose its values on others. But when religion becomes politicised, even weaponised, then it’s everybody’s business, because of its capacity for harm.
When people call for divine intervention in the lives of the non-religious it strikes me as a form of politicising or weaponising religion, though the writer was more concerned about direct action by religious zealots.

I think perhaps calling for the death of 'evil' people is a nod towards temporal justice rather than divine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟911,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pace Meister Eckhart, God does not destroy creatures but brings them to fulfillment. Apparently, that's a long, drawn out process. If y'all would start acting right, we could get on with it.

Upvote 0

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟168,475.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yet he made us imperfect. Odd.
A god that requires what he made impossible
is among the considerations that keep christianity
from catching on in china.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

David Lamb

May 30, 2024
Paignton
✟16,132.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yet he made us imperfect. Odd.
No He didn't. We are told:

“Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed [it was] very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” (Ge 1:31 NKJV)

Upvote 0

Astrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟168,475.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
No He didn't. We are told:

“Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed [it was] very good. So the evening and the morning were the sixth day.” (Ge 1:31 NKJV)
And then he changed everything. ( according to Bible anyway)

Upvote 0