• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

House of Representatives pass bill requiring voters to prove citizenship in Federal elections

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe you should stop claiming that I did.
Then stop posting articles that claim racism if you don't agree with it. Or at the least state that you don't agree with the comment.
MAGA is an old and washed up phrase,
Well, you seem to use it frequently enough.....does that make you old and washed up also?

• Haha
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
You provided biased opinion and research from liberals that oppose conservatives,
Prove it. Prove that the people who wrote those articles oppose conservatives. You criticize the people yet did not spend one minute trying to prove them wrong.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,544,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Baby steps first. We can't even get Real ID to everybody who wants one, even if they are willing to put money and effort into it.
No, no baby steps when it comes to a state's requirement for voting. Voting is a constitutional right. That's got to be fixed a reasonable time before November, or they need to change their voting registration requirements.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,544,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dunno. The original claim never bothered to point to the number of people or national percentage that was affected by this 'problem'. But then that is no surprise especially if the number is, as I suspect, minuscule.

Thanks for pointing out my misspelling.
I didn't care about the spelling. I cared about knowing your interpretation of minuscule.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,544,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are trying to equate the 'inability' of someone not 'able' to get an ID to passing a law forbidding voting because of an inherited genetic trait? Did you get that idea for an example from 1930's Germany? SMH so violently I am getting dizzy.......
No. Let's say some county decided to put the voting machines at face height so that people didn't have to look down to see them, and then failed to provide step stools for people with dwarfism.

Now, when the officials made that decision, maybe they honestly didn't think about the impact on people under five feet. But when it was pointed out to them, they responded, "Well, there's only a minuscule number of people with dwarfism in the county, so we won't miss their vote.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I didn't care about the spelling. I cared about knowing your interpretation of minuscule.
Rest assured I only use words whose definitions I am quite sure of.....even if not the spelling.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let's say some county decided to put the voting machines at face height so that people didn't have to look down to see them, and then failed to provide step stools for people with dwarfism.
So are we back to concocting imaginary scenarios of 'what if's' in order to 'prove' a point?.....unless, of course, you have some evidence that this has already happened?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I always get a chuckle when the rightists dismiss voter disenfranchisement. Oh wait, it makes me sick.
Opinion is NEVER considered evidence. Please present your evidence to justify your claim of 'voter disenfranchisement' in this particular circumstance.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,892.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No, no baby steps when it comes to a state's requirement for voting. Voting is a constitutional right. That's got to be fixed a reasonable time before November, or they need to change their voting registration requirements.
Putting this through before November is not possible. Given the boondoggle Real ID has become, think about local election officials facing the same challenge.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟111,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Prove it. Prove that the people who wrote those articles oppose conservatives. You criticize the people yet did not spend one minute trying to prove them wrong.

DMV.ORG

Alabama to Close 31 Driver's License Offices​

Oct 1, 2015

Feeling the squeeze of a constricted budget, Alabama’s chief enforcement officer announced that 31 of the state’s 78 driver’s license offices will be closed, starting October 1.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,544,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Putting this through before November is not possible. Given the boondoggle Real ID has become, think about local election officials facing the same challenge.
Right. That means they should not impose those requirements for this election.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,174,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is of legal age; he does not need his mother to go with him for anything at this point.
That is the law in Colorado I even called the state DMV to confirm what I read on the Colorado state site. It doesn't make sense to me but that's the way it is. Guess they are making sure of identity so that they aren't providing IDs to illegal immigrants.

• Winner
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟655,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
If that were true, there wouldn't have been polling tests and there wouldn't have been a need for additional legislation.
You are right IF it had been enforced. Unfortunately once reconstruction ended and federal troops were removed from the south it was not enforced. Then the democrats in the south passed 'Jim Crow' laws that on the surface could be applied to anyone but were only used on blacks wanting to vote.

Upvote 0