• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Hillarys defeat speech... full of hate and incitement?

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Not at all, i believe it was for all american people.... more than that i believe it was being for all people around the world. This was a campaign that promised to radically change America and with it a radical change in the interference in other nations

I think we can revisit this in one year's time and see if it holds true. I have little belief that he has my or my wife's best interests at heart nor do I think his working class supporters are going to be receiving the jobs he promised them. If he does it, I'll applaud him. If not, well... I hope my fellow Americans remember that next time around. The Democrats can only do so much to stop him now and it's all on the Republicans if it fails.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,186,639.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are as wise man, LoAmmi. 2017 wll be our nation's next Watergate. The scandals that will ensue will make Watergate pale into insignificance.

The teflon President-elect has already managed to deflect irregularities and scandals that would have brought Nixon down 100 times over--so we'll just have to try for 101 and hope it will make the unbelievers realize they were wrong letting him off for the first 100.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
You are as wise man, LoAmmi. 2017 wll be our nation's next Watergate. The scandals that will ensue will make Watergate pale into insignificance.

The teflon President-elect has already managed to deflect irregularities and scandals that would have brought Nixon down 100 times over--so we'll just have to try for 101 and hope it will make the unbelievers realize they were wrong letting him off for the first 100.

I'm ashamed to notice how fellow Catholics wish for other people's fall and misfortune.

Love your enemies Christ commands us.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not at all, i believe it was for all american people.... more than that i believe it was being for all people around the world. This was a campaign that promised to radically change America and with it a radical change in the interference in other nations

Most around the world, have been horrified, that he was elected. It's why the newspaper headlines, the day after the election, they were extremely negative. Mocking America, and angry, as to what the effect will be, on everybody else. There are some, who champion him, most unfortunately. In Sweden, Neo-Nazis celebrated Trump's win, with a victory parade. They view his win, the American people putting that man in charge, as the start of their worldwide revolution, of hatred. They said it's an endorsement, of the anti-semitism, racism, xenophobia, that they believe in. I am hopeful, that it will bring about a radical resistance, to such hatred.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well some Americans can only understand stuff at a third grade level
Trump wants to represent all Americans, not just the elites

it was rigged, it was rigged against Sanders, and then it was rigged against Trump
the entire media was trying to rig the election against Trump
and we won anyways, even with the Dems playing their dirty tricks

The third grade in America is for children who are 8 or 9 years old, yes? The majority of Trump voters, they were far older than the minimum age to vote, but, you're saying that he spoke at this infantile level, so they could "understand stuff"?

You seem to feel, that Mr Trump's win, it's a personal win, for you. With the 'we'. For that, at least, I am happy, for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟248,611.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The third grade in America is for children who are 8 or 9 years old, yes? The majority of Trump voters, they were far older than the minimum age to vote, but, you're saying that he spoke at this infantile level, so they could "understand stuff"?
he was speaking to people who voted for him, and people who did not vote for him
the nature of these very public speeches was for all Americans

You seem to feel, that Mr Trump's win, it's a personal win, for you. With the 'we'. For that, at least, I am happy, for you
thank you
part of it is nice to be on the winning team
but part of it is that I really believe that Mr. Trump is going to help all Americans
and not just Americans, I think many countries will do better with Trump as the President of the United States

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,186,639.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
America has to learn that just because the President tweets from his gilded Manhattan tower that someone is promoting hate, it doesn't mean they are.

As in the case of the Hamilton cast, who spoke respectfully BUT assertively to VP Elect Pence, Hillary was exercising her first amendment rights.

Just as Trump was during President Obama's first term when he said--for five years--that his presidency was illegitimate because he was born in Kenya.

If a five year unwarranted personal attack is first amendment rights, so is every principled criticism of Trump/Pence.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
he was speaking to people who voted for him, and people who did not vote for him
the nature of these very public speeches was for all Americans

To me, and so many others around the world, it's pitiful, and a belittling of the American people, to talk down to adults, as if they only have the intelligence of young children. What is even more shameful, is that so few Americans bothered to vote, in such an important election. Mrs Clinton won the most votes, Trump the second most, but the majority of Americans, didn't vote, at all. I don't think that shows, the intelligence of children, no, but it does show a lack of mature responsibility.

thank you
part of it is nice to be on the winning team
but part of it is that I really believe that Mr. Trump is going to help all Americans
and not just Americans, I think many countries will do better with Trump as the President of the United States

I hadn't realised you were on the winning team, Rhamiel. You worked, on his campaign?

It's good you're happy, yes. Most foreigners, do not share your confidence, and neither do my American friends. You said, you think the media is rigged against him. A friend had posted something today, from a show there, Meet the Press, I believe is the title. It had conservatives on it, talking about Trump. They said with how things are already shaping up, he will have the least ethical, least transparent, and most corrupt presidency, in your history. I hope, they are wrong, and you are right, and he won't be the destructive force, that is feared.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
America has to learn that just because the President tweets from his gilded Manhattan tower that someone is promoting hate, it doesn't mean they are.

As in the case of the Hamilton cast, who spoke respectfully BUT assertively to VP Elect Pence, Hillary was exercising her first amendment rights.

Just as Trump was during President Obama's first term when he said--for five years--that his presidency was illegitimate because he was born in Kenya.

If a five year unwarranted personal attack is first amendment rights, so is every principled criticism of Trump/Pence.

It's surreal, that this man who is to be the president, of the United States, is spending his time, so soon after the election, whinging on Twitter, about SNL, and Hamilton. To complain that the media is "rigged" against him, is most ridiculous, as the media, reports on what he does, publicly. It is his behaviour, that makes him look so foolish, and narcissistic. The foreign press, which is not Democratic or Republican-leaning, has censured him, and been appalled, as his actions, are deserving of that response.

He is the one, viewed as promoting hate, not the cast of Hamilton.
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/18/ger...te-groups-feeling-validated-by-trump_partner/

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,346,219.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
LOL. :D That's funny.

Better yet, why don't you read their endorsement of him and find out for yourself? Or ask David Duke on Twitter why he is so enthusiastic for Trump?

Trump attacked Clinton and Mexicans, Muslims, women, and countless others. But you're upset because Hillary said something mildly inflammatory about his supporters and then apologised for it? How ridiculous.

"Stronger together" sounds divisive to you?

"Stronger together" is perhaps a poor choice of words, based on her very public toppling, etc. as she struggled with health issues.

In addition, the logo looked like a "hospital" sign/logo:

402793268.png

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
"Stronger together" is perhaps a poor choice of words, based on her very public toppling, etc. as she struggled with health issues.

In addition, the logo looked like a "hospital" sign/logo:

402793268.png
You mean conspiracy theories about her health?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It's surreal, that this man who is to be the president, of the United States, is spending his time, so soon after the election, whinging on Twitter, about SNL, and Hamilton. To complain that the media is "rigged" against him, is most ridiculous, as the media, reports on what he does, publicly. It is his behaviour, that makes him look so foolish, and narcissistic. The foreign press, which is not Democratic or Republican-leaning, has censured him, and been appalled, as his actions, are deserving of that response.

He is the one, viewed as promoting hate, not the cast of Hamilton.
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/18/ger...te-groups-feeling-validated-by-trump_partner/
it's not ridiculous--the media was against him, and openly so. as a result they got their face smeared right royally, and their ability to correctly judge the public sentiment absolutely hit bottom.

That hasn't happened in a long time, but it has happened before.
How the news media struggles within itself to come back from such a public defeat should be interesting to watch.

Upvote 0

Blue Wren

Sep 22, 2014
Solna, Sweden
✟26,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
it's not ridiculous--the media was against him, and openly so. as a result they got their face smeared right royally, and their ability to correctly judge the public sentiment absolutely hit bottom.

That hasn't happened in a long time, but it has happened before.
How the news media struggles within itself to come back from such a public defeat should be interesting to watch.

Many in the media are against him, yes, of course, for very good reason. He's manifestly unfit. His behaviour is aberrant, and appalling. It's not just the American media, who opposed him, international media did too, rightly so. It hasn't happened in a long time, due to how the media has evolved. 30 years ago, people were not getting their information, about important matters, from Facebook. There was much fake news, much of it by Russians trying to get Trump elected, that Americans were duped into believing, was true. You see so much rubbish, on this forum, that people thought was true. Such gullible people, are the ones, who I fear will have their faces smeared royally, as you put it.

Upvote 0