• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Despite the apparent Bromance Trump has been tough on Russia

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟895,168.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And Trump is right to criticize Germany for its rejection of nuclear, and the acceptance of dependence on Russia (in the current and future pipeline deals). This was a German CHOICE. France and the UK chose different solutions to the same issue.

As an aside, the US has recently made the CHOICE to oppose the expansion of nuclear, and for decades accepted dependence on the Middle East for much of its energy. The US has CHOSEN to develop shale oil to move away from dependence. Perhaps, more nuclear would have been a much better choice (the choice of Canada and France).

Trump's comments were critical of Germany, not Russia.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And Trump is right to criticize Germany for its rejection of nuclear, and the acceptance of dependence on Russia (in the current and future pipeline deals). This was a German CHOICE. France and the UK chose different solutions to the same issue.

It’s none of his business, and it certainly is not his place to publicly attack an allied country over their policies.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

What does Donald call Kim Jong Un?
Little Rocket Man.
What does Donald call Bashar Al-Assad?
Gas Killing Animal.
What does Donald call Hillary Clinton?
Crooked Hillary.
What does Donald call James Comey?
Slimeball.
What does Donald call Ted Cruz?
Lyin' Ted.
What does Donald call Jeff Flake?
Jeff Flakey.
What does Donald Call Jeff Sessions?
Mr. Magoo.

What does Donald call Vladimir Putin?
Sir.

:wave:

• Winner
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump's comments were critical of Germany, not Russia.

Telling a country that they shouldn’t be doing billions of dollars in trade with your country would not make him a friend of your country.

Last I looked telling a nation not to do business with you in not an endearing quality.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s none of his business, and it certainly is not his place to publicly attack an allied country over their policies.

except noone but the press took his comment as an attack.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Cite your sources on when and where the President called Putin. Sir

I’m context please.

I'm sure you are context; whatever that means.

One would think that the happy little waving smiley would've provided all the context one would need to get the point. Clearly, I overestimated some of my audience.

• Haha
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm sure you are context; whatever that means.

One would think that the happy little waving smiley would've provided all the context one would need to get the point. Clearly, I overestimated some of my audience.

Does that mean once again you cannot support your assertions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The one I have quoted two times now.

I supported my assertions with a link, and then tacked on a joke at the end, one clearly marked with a happy little waving smiley face.

I will assert that some people have difficulties recognizing humor... I trust that one is self-evident?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟895,168.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I does little use to try enforce and increase economic sanctions, if Germany replaced the lost revenue with billions of oiled gas contracts.

We want Germany to maintain sanctions on Russia. The Senate enacted stronger sanctions by a vote of over 95 (which Trump hasn't enacted). Negotiating more deal worth many billions to Russia is a step int he WRONG direct for our ALLIES.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟790,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I supported my assertions with a link, and then tacked on a joke at the end, one clearly marked with a happy little waving smiley face.

I will assert that some people have difficulties recognizing humor... I trust that one is self-evident?

And I though humor was supposed to be funny.

Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The idea that there is or has been some sort of Bromance is nothing more than another instance of the Left finding a word that has some impact, completely apart from whether or not there is any truth to it.

Could you at least acknowledge what pretty much everyone sees that Trump can easily lambaste every single one of our allies, no matter how close, but he seldom says anything even remotely negative about Putin.

Even the sanctions against Russia usually are only applied after the Trump administration has delayed a significant amount of time.

Remember when Obama simply showed courtesy to some foreign leaders like making a meaningless bow to them and the Right lost its collective mind for months?

Trump telegraphs something very important here with regards to Putin. Trump can only do so much (he's not yet the king) so yeah some issues against Russia are going to take place, but look at how he conducts his statecraft. He excoriates our European allies, even going so far recently to call the EU a "foe" of the US (related to trade deals), but he can barely call out Putin whom we know has actively meddled in our elections.

Gimme a break! This is a HUGE amount of smoke. Is there a fire? Who knows? But it's a LOT of smoke.

If you want people to take you folks on the Right seriously at least agree that Trump is very coy about Putin and treats him very differently from how he treats every single other international leader.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nicknames_used_by_Donald_Trump

What does Donald call Kim Jong Un?
Little Rocket Man.
What does Donald call Bashar Al-Assad?
Gas Killing Animal.
What does Donald call Hillary Clinton?
Crooked Hillary.
What does Donald call James Comey?
Slimeball.
What does Donald call Ted Cruz?
Lyin' Ted.
What does Donald call Jeff Flake?
Jeff Flakey.
What does Donald Call Jeff Sessions?
Mr. Magoo.

What does Donald call Vladimir Putin?
Sir.

:wave:

Even if it is a joke, it isn't far from the truth. I don't recall Trump saying ANYTHING negative about Putin. No nickname, no bellicosity. Literally Putin is the only foreign leader that Trump CONSISTENTLY indicates that he only wants to get along with him.

I'd say Trump was treating Putin the same as any other dictator (like Kim Jong Un) if he'd at least occasionally threaten to destroy him or his country or at the very least call him a name. But he never does. Never.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Could you at least acknowledge what pretty much everyone sees that Trump can easily lambaste every single one of our allies, no matter how close, but he seldom says anything even remotely negative about Putin.
I think most people understand that you might relate to your friends in a different way from how you relate to an adversary. But the claim of a "bromance" goes way, way beyond disagreeing with this strategy or tactic which, by the way, is hardly any different from the one Obama favored when dealing with Putin (except that Obama was more servile in his overtures).

Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I think most people understand that you might relate to your friends in a different way from how you relate to an adversary. But the claim of a "bromance" goes way, way beyond disagreeing with this strategy or tactic which, by the way, is hardly any different from the one Obama favored when dealing with Putin (except that Obama was more servile in his overtures).

So you are saying that pretty much 50-60% of the American public is hallucinating? That indeed Trump treats Putin the same way he treats Little Rocket Man or Jeff Flakey or Mr. Magoo?

OK.

Reactions: Snappy1
Upvote 0