• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Hulk Hogan Rips Off Shirt, Calls Trump His ‘Hero’ at RNC

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, Biden should stick to current norms instead of responsibly dealing with his real world medical issues. He should have created a false set of electors ahead of time, and then called each swing state to make sure they "find" votes ahead of time.

Biden should not have run. Then the primaries would have been open to contenders. But the Democrats didn't want that.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟117,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden should not have run. Then the primaries would have been open to contenders. But the Democrats didn't want that.
No, we wanted President Biden for another term. But we're not going to get that.

Unfortunately, he's not able to do it. So his vice president, who we also voted for as his running mate, will now run for office instead.

If we're okay with that, why are you complaining about it?

-- A2SG, I know Trump would prefer the Democrats just forfeit this race, but that's not gonna happen....

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, we wanted President Biden for another term. But we're not going to get that.

Unfortunately, he's not able to do it. So his vice president, who we also voted for as his running mate, will now run for office instead.

If we're okay with that, why are you complaining about it?

I'm actually rather amused by it. I'm amused that you're pretending that if Biden weren't in the primaries, that the Democratic voters would have chosen Kamala instead of one of the other candidates. But we'll never know now.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟117,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm actually rather amused by it. I'm amused that you're pretending that if Biden weren't in the primaries, that the Democratic voters would have chosen Kamala instead of one of the other candidates. But we'll never know now.
I'm not pretending anything. Harris hasn't been nominated yet, so it's still possible the democrats might choose another candidate.

Time will tell.

-- A2SG, could be an open convention, ya know....

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What other candidates were there?

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What other candidates were there?

If Biden had announced that he was not running, you don't think there would have been other candidates besides Harris?

An incumbent president running for re-election often faces almost no opposition at all from within the party. The field opens up when that incumbent announces they are not running, which did not happen.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If Biden had announced that he was not running, you don't think there would have been other candidates besides Harris?
Maybe. None that I think would do better than the Vice President with the President’s support and endorsement.

Again I’ll ask, who do you think that could have been? Name someone you believe would have done better than Harris and why.
An incumbent president running for re-election often faces almost no opposition at all from within the party. The field opens up when that incumbent announces they are not running, which did not happen.
He was running. Now he’s not. Things change. There’s bigger problems to deal with and what’s really been hurting democrats lately has been the disunity of the party and the uncertainty surrounding Biden. That’s gone as long as democrats play it smart and unite behind Harris.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe. None that I think would do better than the Vice President with the President’s support and endorsement.

Why do you think that? The last time Harris ran a campaign it was a complete and utter disaster that failed BEFORE the primaries. Why do you think she would have done better with Democratic voters this time around?

Again I’ll ask, who do you think that could have been? Name someone you believe would have done better than Harris and why.

Counterfactuals are silly. As I've said, there is no way to know what would have happened if Biden wouldn't have run.

He was running. Now he’s not. Things change. There’s bigger problems to deal with and what’s really been hurting democrats lately has been the disunity of the party and the uncertainty surrounding Biden. That’s gone as long as democrats play it smart and unite behind Harris.

On that we agree. As long as all the Democrats shut up, comply and fall in line, all will be well in the party.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you think that? The last time Harris ran a campaign it was a complete and utter disaster that failed BEFORE the primaries.
The last time she was on a ballot, 81 million people voted for her and Joe to defeat Trump. She obviously did not weigh down the ticket.
Why do you think she would have done better with Democratic voters this time around?
The stakes are much higher now. She’s not an unknown. Behind the president she’s probably the most high profile Democrat in the country at the moment. She has the president’s endorsement. I think most importantly, she can prosecute the case against Donald Trump much better than Biden can.
Counterfactuals are silly. As I've said, there is no way to know what would have happened if Biden wouldn't have run.
Come on. Obviously you seem to think she’ll do poorly. Of the declared candidates from the primaries there’s got to be someone you think would have outperformed the sitting Vice President who was voted into office by 81 million people.
On that we agree. As long as all the Democrats shut up, comply and fall in line, all will be well in the party.
Yep. Don’t screw this one up Democrats.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The last time she was on a ballot, 81 million people voted for her and Joe to defeat Trump. She obviously did not weigh down the ticket.

Please. People were voting for Biden, not Harris. It's particularly amusing the way you chose to phrase that. "Voted for her and Joe", giving "her" top billing. Hilarious stuff, man.

I have no idea how she'll perform this time. Early polling shows her doing slightly better number than Biden, but there's still over 100 days until the election, so anything could happen.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Please. People were voting for Biden, not Harris.
You really seem to like to speak for others. This is the second time you’ve tried telling me who I voted for.

Who did you vote for, if you don’t mind me asking? I voted in the CA primaries for…. Guess who?

Kamala Harris.

Crazy right? I’m a sucker for California girls. So you can imagine my delight when Biden picked her as his running mate. And wouldn’t you know it, 81 million other people joined me in voting for both her and Joe to defeat Donald Trump.

It's particularly amusing the way you chose to phrase that. "Voted for her and Joe", giving "her" top billing. Hilarious stuff, man.
More amusing is you thinking the VP wasn’t even a consideration when people were voting for an 80 year old man to be president.
I have no idea how she'll perform this time. Early polling shows her doing slightly better number than Biden, but there's still over 100 days until the election, so anything could happen.
Slightly better than the guy who beat Trump last time is good enough for me at this point.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You really seem to like to speak for others. This is the second time you’ve tried telling me who I voted for.

Ah. So you voted for Harris. Good for you. Pretty sure the majority of people who voted in the 2020 Presidential election were voting for Biden. That's probably not that much of a stretch since she was polling so poorly in her last presidential bid she had to drop out before any votes were cast.

Who did you vote for, if you don’t mind me asking?

I'm not allowed to vote in primaries since I am a registered independent. Only people loyal to one tribe or the other are permitted to vote in the primaries.

I voted in the CA primaries for…. Guess who?

Kamala Harris.

Crazy right? I’m a sucker for California girls. So you can imagine my delight when Biden picked her as his running mate. And wouldn’t you know it, 81 million other people joined me in voting for both her and Joe to defeat Donald Trump.

^_^

"Her and Joe". Hilarious.

More amusing is you thinking the VP wasn’t even a consideration when people were voting for an 80 year old man to be president.

Oh I have no doubt that the VP is a consideration for people, but there's no question that the overwhelming majority of people voting in an election are voting for whoever is at the top of the ticket since they have no say in the choice of VP.

Slightly better than the guy who beat Trump last time is good enough for me at this point.

But both currently well behind Trump. That article did point out an interesting point, that Republicans that don't want Trump were much more likely to vote for Biden than they are for Harris. There's all kinds of moving parts going on here.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Apologies. I'll do my part to get back on topic.

hogan-hulk-hogan.gif

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟117,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why do you think that? The last time Harris ran a campaign it was a complete and utter disaster that failed BEFORE the primaries. Why do you think she would have done better with Democratic voters this time around?
When she first ran, she was virtually unknown. Just a prosecutor from California, with little to no national recognition. Now, she's known. And she was endorsed by President Biden, so she has that going for her, which she didn't have before.

True enough.

And we all know how good Democrats are at that.

Sigh....

-- A2SG, no one can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like a democrat.....

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟117,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah. So you voted for Harris. Good for you. Pretty sure the majority of people who voted in the 2020 Presidential election were voting for Biden. That's probably not that much of a stretch since she was polling so poorly in her last presidential bid she had to drop out before any votes were cast.
If it helps, I also voted for Kamala Harris in the 2020 primary.

I'm not allowed to vote in primaries since I am a registered independent. Only people loyal to one tribe or the other are permitted to vote in the primaries.
Yeah, that's the thing about political parties...if you're not in 'em, they don't let you participate in 'em.

Kinda like most parties, really.

Oh I have no doubt that the VP is a consideration for people, but there's no question that the overwhelming majority of people voting in an election are voting for whoever is at the top of the ticket since they have no say in the choice of VP.
Sure. But when you vote for a ticket, you know if the first person can't fulfill the duties, for whatever reason, the second one will.

But both currently well behind Trump. That article did point out an interesting point, that Republicans that don't want Trump were much more likely to vote for Biden than they are for Harris. There's all kinds of moving parts going on here.
We won't know what will happen until it actually happens. Who knows? It looks like MAGA folk are doing everything they can behind the scenes to make sure the election is rigged for Donald, so they might even succeed, unlike the last time. Can't discount the fervency of the MAGA faithful.

-- A2SG, when you're armed with ferocity, the ardor of Donald, and a maxi pad on the ear, things happen.....

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
✟160,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it helps, I also voted for Kamala Harris in the 2020 primary.

I think your memory might be little fuzzy.

WASHINGTON — Kamala Harris had one great day in her ill-fated 2020 presidential campaign: her first.
Then came a rapid collapse.
The freshman senator who announced her candidacy in January 2019 before 20,000 cheering supporters in Oakland, California, dropped out in December before a single vote had been cast.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟117,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think your memory might be little fuzzy.

WASHINGTON — Kamala Harris had one great day in her ill-fated 2020 presidential campaign: her first.
Then came a rapid collapse.
The freshman senator who announced her candidacy in January 2019 before 20,000 cheering supporters in Oakland, California, dropped out in December before a single vote had been cast.
Maybe she was still on the ballot in Massachusetts, then. Or maybe I'm misremembering.

-- A2SG, memories can play tricks on ya sometimes....

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟759,391.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship