Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟119,302.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I have been pondering something- why does God use people? There is an answer, A good reason! I have been seeking God for the answer! If it does come I think it will be mind-blowing! I may have the answer. God has been using people from the very beginning! God uses people because He put mankind in charge of the earth, He gave mankind dominion over the earth, it is man's responsibility that the will of God is done on the earth. God does nothing on the earth without man's invitation, prayer. The earth belongs to God, but God has given man stewardship over the earth until Christ returns! There is a scripture- "Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"-Luke 18:8 The bible says it is impossible to please God without faith. So this scripture means "will God be pleased with what man has done with His creation when He returns"? The Master of the house is away, on a journey, but He is coming back! He is going to repay his stewards what is due to each one for what they did with His property when He was gone!

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟417,639.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that God uses people in any sense that would make God a user. The free will aspect of our nature, perhaps part of the image and likeness that we all share, precludes such a conclusion.

Genesis 1:26-31
Then God said, ‘Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and the cattle, and all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth.’​
So God created humankind in his image,​
in the image of God, he created them;​
male and female, he created them.​
God blessed them, and God said to them, ‘Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth.’ God said, ‘See, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food. And to every beast of the earth, and every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, everything that has the breath of life, I have given every green plant for food.’ And it was so. God saw everything that he had made, and indeed, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.​
Genesis 2:15
The Lord God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to till it and keep it.​
Job 38:4-7
‘Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding.​
Who determined its measurements—surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?​
On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone​
when the morning stars sang together and all the heavenly beings shouted for joy?​
Psalm 8
O Lord, our Sovereign,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!​
You have set your glory above the heavens.
Out of the mouths of babes and infants
you have founded a bulwark because of your foes,
to silence the enemy and the avenger.​
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars that you have established;
what are human beings that you are mindful of them,
mortals that you care for them?​
Yet you have made them a little lower than God,
and crowned them with glory and honour.
You have given them dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under their feet,
all sheep and oxen,
and also the beasts of the field,
the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea,
whatever passes along the paths of the seas.​
O Lord, our Sovereign,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!​

Perhaps the question should be more about the purpose and destiny of humankind.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ἡ ἀλήθεια ἐλευθερώσει ὑμᾶς
the truth will set you free

our division is a scandal: an obstacle to proclaiming the gospel of salvation
Was the division in Paul's day over salvation and justification by faith alone, apart from faith's works (Gal 1:6-9, 3:1-5) also a scandal and obstacle to proclaiming the gospel?

If it were, so what's new?

The truth of the gospel must always be defended from man's error, both then and now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟107,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What's the alternative to God's *not* using Man? We would not even be reading this. We'd all be zombies, robots, or toys. No glory in it.

Entrusting things to Man, even if there is failure, shows that God controls the outcome no matter what the choice. And it shows that people can choose to have control over themselves if the control is noble and good.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟417,639.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Was the division in Paul's day over salvation and justification by faith alone, apart from faith's works (Gal 1:6-9, 3:1-5) also a scandal and obstacle to proclaiming the gospel?

If it were, so what's new?

The truth of the gospel must always be defended from man's error, both then and now.
The line in my signature is a quote from a joint statement issued by Pope Francis and Archbishop Justin Welby.

In terms of the question you ask, yes I think that is exactly what Paul was getting at, in the context of being made righteous, and if I understand Paul correctly, he is talking about salvation by grace through faith. I prefer not to add Martin Luther's insertion.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The line in my signature is a quote from a joint statement issued by Pope Francis and Archbishop Justin Welby.

In terms of the question you ask, yes I think that is exactly what Paul was getting at, in the context of being made righteous, and if I understand Paul correctly, he is talking about salvation by grace through faith. I prefer not to add Martin Luther's insertion.
< sigh >

"By grace through faith. . .not of works," is not Martin Luther's insertion, it is Paul's insertion in Eph 2:8-9.

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyPNW
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟326,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I have been pondering something- why does God use people? There is an answer, A good reason! I have been seeking God for the answer! If it does come I think it will be mind-blowing! I may have the answer. God has been using people from the very beginning! God uses people because He put mankind in charge of the earth, He gave mankind dominion over the earth, it is man's responsibility that the will of God is done on the earth. God does nothing on the earth without man's invitation, prayer. The earth belongs to God, but God has given man stewardship over the earth until Christ returns! There is a scripture- "Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?"-Luke 18:8 The bible says it is impossible to please God without faith. So this scripture means "will God be pleased with what man has done with His creation when He returns"? The Master of the house is away, on a journey, but He is coming back! He is going to repay his stewards what is due to each one for what they did with His property when He was gone!
Yes, we are to be the hands and feet of God on planet earth. Or not, We're free to do good or ill.
“Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matt 25:40

“Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ Matt 25:42

These are some of the criteria for His judgment. The church has summed it up in another way:.
"At the evening of life we shall be judged on our love."

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟112,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello fellow Christian. Hopefully my response is good for your questions bro.

This is my take on your post, with three more verses:

God uses people for various reasons, according to the Bible. One of the primary reasons is for His glory. In 1 Corinthians 10:31, it says, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." God desires to be glorified in all that we do.

God also uses people to bless others. In Genesis 12:2, God speaks to Abraham and says, "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing." God uses us to be a blessing to others, just as He blessed Abraham.

Furthermore, God uses people as vessels to carry out His will. In 2 Timothy 2:20-21, it says, "In a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels made of wood and clay. Some are for honorable use, some for dishonorable. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work." God uses us in various ways to carry out His will.

In conclusion, God uses people for His glory, for His purpose, to bless others, and as vessels to carry out His will. As believers in Christ, we are called to cooperate with God in fulfilling these purposes. May we seek to be used by God in the ways that bring Him the most glory and honor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟417,639.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Humans are the source of grace?

Paul's argument that "salvation is by grace through faith. . .not by works" (Eph 2:8-9) is about human grace rather than human works?
Grace is the unmerited gift of God. As such I have never suggested that humans are the source of grace, and I am not sure why you are trying to suggest that zi did.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Grace is the unmerited gift of God. As such I have never suggested that humans are the source of grace, and I am not sure why you are trying to suggest that zi did.
Because in context, "alone" is to exclude works (of man; e.g., law keeping), not to exclude works of God (grace).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟417,639.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because in context, "alone" is to exclude works (of man; e.g., law keeping), not to exclude works of God (grace).
However, you used it without context. The real problem I have with this is not you, but a number of people I have encountered effectively make faith a 'work', and so effectively discount grace. We are saved by grace through faith is, to my mind, a far more reasonable way to express it.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
However, you used it without context. The real problem I have with this is not you, but a number of people I have encountered effectively make faith a 'work', and so effectively discount grace. We are saved by grace through faith is, to my mind, a far more reasonable way to express it.
I think you're right. . .I will do the same.

Upvote 0