Georgia
✟923,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Each day begins with "then God said and ends with "and evening and morning were..."

Day 1 -- vs 3 Then God said, - let there be... light"
Day 2 -- vs 6 Then God said, “Let there be an expanse
Day 3 -- vs 9 Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be gathered...
Day 4 -- vs 14 Then God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse...

Since when does anyone begin a process of doing anything with the word “then”? This is stupid,
I see - so you would have written Genesis "differently"???
Take it up with the Author - you have free will.
it’s similar to saying “ahh but he didn’t say Simon says”.
speculate as you will... you can go to God with your complaint about His text.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As if the term God created the heavens and the earth in six days is insufficient
In the Bible - "birds fly in the midst of the heavens" -- context matters.

Rev 19:17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great feast of God, NASB

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, NKJV

Jer 4:25 … And all the birds of the heavens had fled.
26 I looked, and behold, the fruitful land was a wilderness,

Context for term “heavens” I the 7 day sequence.

Gen 1:6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

Gen 1: 9 Then God said, “Let the waters below the heavens be

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The heavens and the earth are part of the six day creation that means that the heavens and the earth were created on the first day of the six day creation.
The Bible says that it is light that was created on day 1 for Earth - not the entire universe.

The entire universe was made before that. in vs 1.

Out of curiousity - why is it you are so opposed to what the Bible says about that fact? What in your world view is messed up if the Angels are not part of Earth's creation - but were created before Earth - and even the place of God's throne in what Paul calls "the third heaven" -- created before Earth. How is it that you find that to be a problem????

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see - so you would have written Genesis "differently"???
Take it up with the Author - you have free will.

speculate as you will... you can go to God with your complaint about His text.
I’m not complaining about His text I’m refuting your ridiculous idea that the heavens and the earth weren’t created in 6 days because the phrase “then God said” doesn’t appear before it when the passage that clearly states that He created the heavens and the earth in 6 days, it doesn’t have to have any specific phrase in front of it to verify that He actually made the heavens and the earth in 6 days. Your trying so hard to twist Genesis 1 to coincide with your beliefs but your not applying the information given in Exodus 20:11 along with it. When you look at Genesis 1 by itself your statement almost sound viable but when you compare it to Exodus 20:11 its a direct contradiction.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Rev 19:17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in midheaven, “Come, assemble for the great feast of God, NASB

17 Then I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the birds that fly in the midst of heaven, “Come and gather together for the supper of the great God, NKJV

Gen 1:6 Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” 7 Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day.

In the beginning of the conversation you said that in the beginning God created the universe. You completely omitted the earth from that statement.

In the beginning God created the universe (no days or time given for that historic event) but then follows the 7 days for this planet, all life on it, and our solar system
You were quoting Genesis 1:1 which says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Exodus 20:11 says for in 6 days God created the heavens and the earth. And the sun and the moon and the stars were placed where? In the heavens.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible says that it is light that was created on day 1 for Earth - not the entire universe.

The entire universe was made before that. in vs 1.

Out of curiousity - why is it you are so opposed to what the Bible says about that fact? What in your world view is messed up if the Angels are not part of Earth's creation - but were created before Earth - and even the place of God's throne in what Paul calls "the third heaven" -- created before Earth. How is it that you find that to be a problem????
Because there are three heavens. Heaven where the throne of God is and where the angels live, heavens the universe, and heavens the sky. Genesis 1:1 says the heavens and the earth were created. Exodus 20:11 says the heavens and the earth and EVERYTHING IN THEM were created in six days and in that 6 day creation process God created the sun and the moon which are not in heaven where the angels live and they’re certainly not in the sky where the birds fly, they’re in the universe. Which means that the heavens, AKA the universe, was created in the 6 day creation process since the word THEM in Exodus 20:11 is referring to the places that everything that was created in the 6 day process. So if the sun, moon, and stars were created during the six day process that means that the word THEM is referring to the universe along with the earth, the seas, and the sky.

”For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in THEM, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and made it holy.“
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭20‬:‭11‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟374,044.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hmmmm. I am curious as to why this discussion continues to be so prolonged when I gave the correct, and only, answer, earlier. I will repeat it for you folks. God created the universe "in the beginning". If you don't believe Genesis 1:1, then enjoy your speculations.

• Winner
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmmm. I am curious as to why this discussion continues to be so prolonged when I gave the correct, and only, answer, earlier. I will repeat it for you folks. God created the universe "in the beginning". If you don't believe Genesis 1:1, then enjoy your speculations.

For some people, right answers are hard to accept.

Upvote 0