✟89,761.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
According to Einstein's special relativity, one cannot isolate time from space. The universe is a 4-D spacetime structure. When we look deep into space, we are looking back in time. The Andromeda Galaxy is the most distant object we can see with our naked eyes, two million light years away. If God had created space, then it included time as well.

Since God created time, God exists outside of time, Ephesians 4:

10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.
Isa. 46:

10a declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done,
This is an incredible statement. Only God can say it truthfully in the absolute sense. It shows the speaker of a being standing outside of the space-time dimensions. He saw the totality of the 4-dimensional space-time sequence. According to General Relativity, space and time are affected simultaneously by gravity. Different people in different gravitational fields will experience the passage of time differently. With the Webb telescope, we can observe past events in the universe. God can see the past and the future. God has seen the entire sequence of all space-time events being played out.

Jeremiah 1:

5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
Does space-time go on to infinity?

No, not the 4-d space-time as we understand it today. John 6:

40 For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.
What will happen to time after the last day?

Then, the nature of time will change to eternality.

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Genesis 1:

According to Einstein's special relativity, one cannot isolate time from space. The universe is a 4-D spacetime structure. When we look deep into space, we are looking back in time. The Andromeda Galaxy is the most distant object we can see with our naked eyes, two million light years away. If God had created space, then it included time as well.

Isa. 46:

This is an incredible statement. Only God can say it truthfully in the absolute sense. It shows the speaker of a being standing outside of the space-time dimensions. He saw the totality of the 4-dimensional space-time sequence. According to General Relativity, space and time are affected simultaneously by gravity. Different people in different gravitational fields will experience the passage of time differently. With the Webb telescope, we can observe past events in the universe. God can see the past and the future. God has seen the entire sequence of all space-time events being played out.

Jeremiah 1:

Time is right up my ally; I might not know what I am talking about, but I like talking about it.

Time is not an object; it is a measurement. God defines time, that is, a day is from evening to evening, which we know is one revolution of the planet, God defines 360 of these as a year and 30 as a month, seven as seven. In physics time is motion quantized.

The human mind is able to perceive time (motion), with or without training or definition, and we use devices that appear to measure time as though time was a thing to be measured, but what these devises actually measure is energy in a spring or battery, expressed as revelations of the earth, or parts thereof.

Einstein's space-time is a mathematical entity, and its existence is of the same form as time, a tool used by the human mind. What the eye sees is space-time, while a TV set is more clinical, with a still picture we look at a space, with motion, frames per second, we look at a space-time.

I would never challenge Einstein's mathematics, but his applications I often challenge.

The universe is incredible but space-time is an invention of men.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟914,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Time is right up my ally; I might not know what I am talking about, but I like talking about it.

Time is not an object; it is a measurement. God defines time, that is, a day is from evening to evening, which we know is one revolution of the planet, God defines 360 of these as a year and 30 as a month, seven as seven. In physics time is motion quantized.

The human mind is able to perceive time (motion), with or without training or definition, and we use devices that appear to measure time as though time was a thing to be measured, but what these devises actually measure is energy in a spring or battery, expressed as revelations of the earth, or parts thereof.

Einstein's space-time is a mathematical entity, and its existence is of the same form as time, a tool used by the human mind. What the eye sees is space-time, while a TV set is more clinical, with a still picture we look at a space, with motion, frames per second, we look at a space-time.

I would never challenge Einstein's mathematics, but his applications I often challenge.

The universe is incredible but space-time is an invention of men.
I have been thinking about time and what it really is. Certainly not scientific. I believe it exists ( in our mind) only because man fell out of grace. Adam and Eve enjoyed day and night over and over and never experienced the passage of time because they did not age in other words, no decay. They lived in perfect harmony with God .
And The Kingdom of God is only Light with no passage of time, everlasting. The flesh has an expiration date due to decay through environmental factors. Its not by time but by deterioration, slow death. We then measure that process and call it time.
Time is basically bondage because we will be freedom from it when our bodies become everlasting and immortal.
My two cents!
Be blessed.

• Useful
Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟218,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I tend to believe the following. There is no such thing as the future, in the way that we might think. It must be considered if there's a future as we might say, RIGHT NOW that would mean there's two of me.....one present....one future.....now how can that work? It can't. That would means there's two spirits of myself as we would say RIGHT NOW......two physical bodies as well. I think one can get my meaning.

Once the future does occur there is something God can now do. Sending revelation back through time of what God has seen thus in a sense he is in the past, present and future and knows all things.

Sounds strange BUT I don't think it's a coincidence that as one accelerates up to near light speed, time slows down.....mathematically it's been defined that if one could go above light speed one would experience backwards time.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have been thinking about time and what it really is. Certainly not scientific. I believe it exists ( in our mind) only because man fell out of grace. Adam and Eve enjoyed day and night over and over and never experienced the passage of time because they did not age in other words, no decay. They lived in perfect harmony with God .
And The Kingdom of God is only Light with no passage of time, everlasting. The flesh has an expiration date due to decay through environmental factors. Its not by time but by deterioration, slow death. We then measure that process and call it time.
Time is basically bondage because we will be freedom from it when our bodies become everlasting and immortal.
My two cents!
Be blessed.
There is time in the Kingdom of God because every three months a person will visit the New Jerusalem to eat from the tree of life.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I tend to believe the following. There is no such thing as the future, in the way that we might think. It must be considered if there's a future as we might say, RIGHT NOW that would mean there's two of me.....one present....one future.....now how can that work? It can't. That would means there's two spirits of myself as we would say RIGHT NOW......two physical bodies as well. I think one can get my meaning.

Once the future does occur there is something God can now do. Sending revelation back through time of what God has seen thus in a sense he is in the past, present and future and knows all things.

Sounds strange BUT I don't think it's a coincidence that as one accelerates up to near light speed, time slows down.....mathematically it's been defined that if one could go above light speed one would experience backwards time.
What happens with Einstein's theories is people misunderstand and misuse the theories, and Einstein is most likely wrong. I believe Einstein said at light speed mass becomes infinite; I do not believe that, at light speed relative mass would be infinite, but the mass itself is unaware of motion, and its speed is always relative to something, which may or may not be in motion itself, in the first place. If you were traveling at light speed, and travelling adjacent a beam of light, the light wave should appear as a standing wave, Einstein's theories refute this of course, possibly also logic, reason and definitions will also refute it.

Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
It shows the speaker of a being standing outside of the space-time dimensions.
You got me there. I have no idea what that means. So are you saying something exists beyond all that we can know, think, see and experience? Or as we are told exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond all we could ever say or think?

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Then you are in the right place. I have never seen so much confusion about time as I see on this website.
Space-time is a mathematical expression; beginning with a space defined by X, Y, and Z co-ordinates and time as measured motion is added. The space could be large enough to contain the universe, or small enough to quantize the intestines of a flea.

An observer is always outside of what is being observed.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
An observer is always outside of what is being observed.
The observer effects what is being observed. I work with rhinestone and they effect each others color. Esp in the UV frequency. This has more to do with filtering light rather than just to reflect it.
434733892_1476179326648551_8902546150355880502_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MeekOne

Meek is not weak
Oct 8, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟61,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You got me there. I have no idea what that means. So are you saying something exists beyond all that we can know, think, see and experience? Or as we are told exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond all we could ever say or think?
Yes.

Philippians 4:5-7
Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 corinthians 4:18
There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever. So we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen; for what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Romans 1:20-21
For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Romans 15:4
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
There is time in the Kingdom of God because every three months a person will visit the New Jerusalem to eat from the tree of life.
I tend to think of everything in this current temporal existence to be vaporous, insubstantial, compared to the real, solid, that is to come. Time will not be what we think of now. I am curious if sequence of causation is also that much different, but I tend to think it is simply, like truth, endemic to God's nature.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Genesis 1:

Actually, I should think, the same is true of small items. What we see across the room is what it looked like in very recent history. What we see through a microscope is very much like it looks like now.

Isa. 46:

God played them out already, I say, by mere decree.
Jeremiah 1:

I tend to think of the "spirit realm" as a kind of reality which the angels would call, "home", which may or may not be part of this (or any) universe. But, if there is such a thing as God's economy, in which he 'dwells' and from which he operates, it is of a different sort of thing altogether from both this 'temporal reality' and the 'spirit realm'. Its existence, like these two, would depend entirely on God himself, and would he would not be subject to it, but it to him. But sometimes I think that this "God's economy" is only a construction for my mind's comfort, and to serve as a reference to the fact that he is unlike any of his creatures or his creation.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟89,761.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I should think, the same is true of small items. What we see across the room is what it looked like in very recent history. What we see through a microscope is very much like it looks like now.
Interesting. Check out Quantum spacetime - Wikipedia

I tend to think of the "spirit realm" as a kind of reality which the angels would call, "home", which may or may not be part of this (or any) universe.
Sure. I think of it as part of the unifying universe. See Co-Reality Hypothesis.

But, if there is such a thing as God's economy, in which he 'dwells' and from which he operates, it is of a different sort of thing altogether from both this 'temporal reality' and the 'spirit realm'.
I think so. Godhead divinity is his own unique reality before he made the heavens and earth.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I tend to think of everything in this current temporal existence to be vaporous, insubstantial, compared to the real, solid, that is to come. Time will not be what we think of now. I am curious if sequence of causation is also that much different, but I tend to think it is simply, like truth, endemic to God's nature.

Time is always a measurement. In the kingdom of God, where blood and flesh cannot go, what is measured may be different and the units of measurement may be different, but the new earth where the kingdom of God will be will still comply with the laws of physics, with mass, the daily rotation and seven-day week.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,825.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Time is always a measurement. In the kingdom of God, where blood and flesh cannot go, what is measured may be different and the units of measurement may be different, but the new earth where the kingdom of God will be will still comply with the laws of physics, with mass, the daily rotation and seven-day week.
I wouldn't be so sure. Must God comply with the laws of physics? Is he subject to them, or are they subject to him?

Reactions: tonychanyt
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟495,335.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't be so sure. Must God comply with the laws of physics? Is he subject to them, or are they subject to him?
The laws of Physics are man's attempt to understand and reverse engineer God's creation, God does not change, unless planet earth became a spiritual entity; there is no reason to believe that.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Zao is life

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Africa
Visit site
✟187,600.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 1:

Isa. 46:

Jeremiah 1:

The universe = physical creation. Physical creation involves cycles of birth, life and death - even of galaxies and stars. If it weren't for the cycle of birth, life and death and the revolution of the earth and the orbit of the earth we would not be able to measure our age in terms of time.

So the activities in the physical created universe such as the activities that generate heat and light here on the earth travel forever into the cosmos,

and if someone was standing with a telescope on Planet XYZ34962JJ looking at earth four million light years away measured in terms of Planet XYZ34962JJ length of years (but not according to earth's year-lengths), then how long it took the light to reach Planet XYZ34962JJ at the speed of light in terms of its own length of years would not be the same amount of time as measured from earth.

Each moment is the only moment that exists in the universe (like the moment you are reading this). The future does not exist at this moment. Neither does the past. The only moment we all have to live in, is this moment ,

but God is He who was and who is to come - the eternally becoming one, which is why regardless of the physical universe, as long as God exists each moment is becoming another moment, is becoming another moment.

So the existence of time is linked to the existence of God, but time in the created universe is all relative. The one who's reading this may be only 10 years of in terms of Planet XYZ34962JJ 's length of years.

I'm 5, by the way.

Upvote 0