south wales
✟48,688.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't read Greek or Hebrew. But there are plenty of commentaries around whose authors do read Greek and Hebrew and they can tell us the meaning of the original words.

I also understand something of exegesis; reading verses in context and looking at what the people who read those words would have understood them to mean. Moses, Job and so on did not write in English for English people in an English culture. And as they were not writing scientific documents, we cannot read them as though they were.

Pastor Dean Odle begs to differ.

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well you would, as he speaks the truth, you should try watching his video, you may learn something.
Not another flat earth video! Not one of them speaks the truth. And you obviously learn nothing from them as you cannot hold a debate with anyone, except to parrot your claims repeatedly, or point to a YouTube video, effectively saying “there you go, whatever he says is the truth”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,072,459.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your loss.
It's no loss, I can assure you.

As I've said before, the flat earth theory;
- is not Scriptural.
- is not true.
- cannot be proved (obviously, because it's not true.)
- has nothing at all to do with salvation (obviously, because it's not in the Bible.)
- does not change, or negate, a person's salvation.
- cannot separate us from God or change our status as his children.
- has no affect on how we read the Bible or live our Christian lives (obviously, because it's not Scriptural and cannot affect our salvation.)
Apart from this, it's not even that interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil G
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,202,086.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well you would, as he speaks the truth, you should try watching his video, you may learn something.
In another video of his you posted, he attributed his completely erroneous view as to why the moon appears upside down in the Southern Hemisphere as inspiration from God. Thus, he attributes falsehood to God which is nothing short of blasphemy.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟48,688.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In another video of his you posted, he attributed his completely erroneous view as to why the moon appears upside down in the Southern Hemisphere as inspiration from God. Thus, he attributes falsehood to God which is nothing short of blasphemy.

Again, are you sure this video was from Dean ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,072,459.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If this is the case I don't understand your intentions for posting on this thread.
I'm not concerned about the shape of the earth - I'm very concerned about people misreading, misunderstand and/or misapplying Scripture.

You have said yourself, if the Bible didn't mention an immoveable earth there is "no way" you would believe that the earth was flat.
THAT is the main problem. Never mind the scientific research, the photos from NASA, the eye witness accounts by people who walked on the moon and photographed the earth; some of whom may well have been Christians. Or the fact that the first man on the moon read from Genesis - that's right, he didn't say how clever men were, or give thanks to science; he read from God's word. Never mind scientists, astronomers and so on, some of whom may also be Christian. You have dismissed ALL as fake (without any evidence) because there are a few verses in the Bible, written by non scientists, which state that the earth doesn't move.

Anyone can make the Bible say anything, if they read it selectively, out of context and without understanding. That's why we have so many cults.
My concern is Scripture - which does NOT teach a flat earth.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟48,688.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have said yourself, if the Bible didn't mention an immoveable earth there is "no way" you would believe that the earth was flat.

True but the earth is unmovable.

THAT is the main problem. Never mind the scientific research, the photos from NASA, the eye witness accounts by people who walked on the moon and photographed the earth; some of whom may well have been Christians. Or the fact that the first man on the moon read from Genesis - that's right, he didn't say how clever men were, or give thanks to science; he read from God's word. Never mind scientists, astronomers and so on, some of whom may also be Christian. You have dismissed ALL as fake (without any evidence) because there are a few verses in the Bible, written by non scientists, which state that the earth doesn't move.

That's right the earth doesn't move & all NASA's photos of earth are CGI, fake as they come. I Don't care what your astronauts say, who can believe them ? Not me that's for sure.
I believe in God's word only & if you'd watched the video you'd know why.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟48,688.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The above are links to your posts #452 and #443 in this thread
Pastor Dean is a blind guide who leads others into a pit (Matthew 15:14)

Okay - So what, it's what I think you guys need to watch & understand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.