Jun 25, 2012
✟16,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
When I die and go up to meet Jesus, I would think the first thing I would do is be filled with immense joy and, if I didn't pass out, would run up to Jesus Christ and kiss Him and give Him the biggest hug!!!!!!! Like, I have been alive for (idk 72 yrs?) and woud have waited a long time for it! Anyways, my family and have always kissed each other on the lips. I still kiss my mom and dad on the lips before I go to sleep and in the mornings and I'm 16. It's not like a ...deep kiss... it's just an affectionate peck! It just has always been that way in our families. Not sexual, just affectionate. I don't think twice about it anymore, just another way of saying I love you to them. So, my question. If I ran up and gave Jesus and gave Him a kiss and hugged Him do you think He would be like "This girl's crazy!" or like push me away... I'd be embarrassed and upset probs. lol but do you think He would be offended or upset? I just love Him so much, to me, it would be weird to not kiss Him! Like, the first thing I'd do when I meet my parents up in Heaven is kiss them too! So, what do you think? Will it be okay? Or should I ask Him first? Thanks! And God bless you!

HarborOrange

I am a sieve.
Dec 7, 2007
Colorado.
✟19,165.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
When I die and go up to meet Jesus, I would think the first thing I would do is be filled with immense joy and, if I didn't pass out, would run up to Jesus Christ and kiss Him and give Him the biggest hug!!!!!!! Like, I have been alive for (idk 72 yrs?) and woud have waited a long time for it! Anyways, my family and have always kissed each other on the lips. I still kiss my mom and dad on the lips before I go to sleep and in the mornings and I'm 16. It's not like a ...deep kiss... it's just an affectionate peck! It just has always been that way in our families. Not sexual, just affectionate. I don't think twice about it anymore, just another way of saying I love you to them. So, my question. If I ran up and gave Jesus and gave Him a kiss and hugged Him do you think He would be like "This girl's crazy!" or like push me away... I'd be embarrassed and upset probs. lol but do you think He would be offended or upset? I just love Him so much, to me, it would be weird to not kiss Him! Like, the first thing I'd do when I meet my parents up in Heaven is kiss them too! So, what do you think? Will it be okay? Or should I ask Him first? Thanks! And God bless you!

So, let me get this straight... You are going to run up to the Son of the one and only King, and kiss him on the lips? You do understand that he's not just going to be this buddy type figure like the Christian religion makes him out to be. You better fall on your face when you see him out of fear, for he is coming back as a lion.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2012
Australia
✟7,625.00
Faith
Presbyterian
There's plenty on kissing for greeting someone in the Bible. 1 Peter 5:14 tells us, "Greet one another with a kiss of love", and 1 Thes. 5:26 is similar, "Greet all God’s people with a holy kiss" (both NIV). As to the manner of such kissing (on the lips or cheek or whatever) these verses aren't clear, but all in all, it might not be as weird as you might think.

Upvote 0

Girder of Loins

Future Math Teacher
Dec 5, 2010
United States of America
✟18,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Meh. I'll probably be on my face laughing out loud with tears of joy running down my face and my spiritual body in complete submission. I won't have time for kisses. But hey, if you wanna do it and that's how you show love, go for it. Ain't nothin' weird.

Upvote 0

StickwithJesus

Emmanuel
Jan 24, 2012
Rotterdam/Holland
✟15,255.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I will kiss him when I meet him; he is the one I love and I only want to be with him.

Just because I know some will not understand what I've just said; I kiss my mom because I love her, I kiss her on the lips and so I will most certainly kiss my Lord.

I will not respond to sick-minded people trying to perverse what I've said and make it into a "sexual" comment; because then it will be exactly that, a sick response to me by a sick minded person.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FuegoPentecostes

Apr 26, 2012
Connecticut
✟15,505.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we're gonna have a hand-shaking "nice to meet you" kind of encounter with Him . . . It will certainly be emotional, but giving Him a kiss? Like someone said, we'll be on our faces worshiping Him. He is the Lord of the Universe, not your mom or dad. And although He should be seen as a close, friendly figure . . . I don't know, it just doesn't sound right to me.
But that could be just me!

Upvote 0