Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After obtaining a dispensation from Pope Francis, the bishop emeritus of Solsona in Spain, Xavier Novell, has entered into a canonical marriage with psychologist and author Silvia Caballol.

Caballol announced the marriage on Instagram this week, saying: “Xavier and I have finally been able to get married in the Church, thanks to the mercy of the Holy Father who has granted him laicization.”

“It has been a long road, but we have been able to regularize our canonical situation: to get married as we wanted to and be able to receive Communion again,” Caballol announced.

“I don’t think our love nor the Church deserves to be hidden. Nor do I believe that the cover-up that accompanied my husband’s resignation [as diocesan bishop] two and a half years ago was entirely correct,” she added.

“Sorry to all of you who think it would have been better to keep it a secret, but I cannot continue to act in a way that I do not think or feel. Having said that, I can’t do anything but show, once again, the beauty of love. Happy Easter Monday, a day to be reborn like flowers, bud forth like trees, and to resurrect like the [Son of] Man.” The psychologist concluded her message with a photo of her husband and herself in a wedding kiss.

Who is Xavier Novell?​

Continued below.