USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this I fully disagree. I went and searched again and .. seems you missed? Some scripture about this. For me can I yes .. do I yes. :) Not written but.. In heaven.. all creation are worshiping and singing at the same time. Music is everywhere from everything and is alive. Then some just worship some just sing. Praise GOD glory to JESUS!

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
False premise for setting up the impossibility of truly understanding the meaning of Scripture.

That issue is resolved by any understanding of a text having to agree with all Scripture, written over a period of about 1500 years by about 40 different people , and all in agreement with itself! I can't think of a better guarantee of getting it right. So that all that remains for securing its correct meaning is demonstration of either agreement or disagreement with the rest of Scripture, a do-able task for the intellectually honest.

Any of it supported by Scripture? If not, it is irrelevant.

Not quite. . .most, but not all, were written in the 60's A.D. which is 30 years after the resurrection,
a few being written in the 50's A.D.

Are you sure about that?

All of the epistles, except Hebrews, are written to the Gentile churches, in some of which were Jews.

Because the NT is the fulfillment of OT, which those verses are to show.

Only when understood in the light of the NT which gives its meaning; e.g.,
Sin is not forgiven by faith in animal sacrifice. (Romans 6:10; Hebrews 7:27, Hebrews 9:12, 26, Hebrews 10:10; 1 Peter 3:18)
Righteousness is not by law-keeping. (Romans 3:21-22, Romans 3:28)
The commandments are fulfilled in loving. (Romans 13:8-10)

From 2 Timothy 3:16-17 we learn that all Scripture, not just the OT, is God-breathed and equips a believer to do good.
The doctrine of the bride of Christ which is the body of Christ (Ephesians 5:31-32), the church (Colossians 1:24), does not direct us back to the OT.
The condemnation of all men at birth by the guilt of Adam (Romans 5:18) is not found in the OT.
The law being given to reveal sin rather than to make righteous (Romans 3:20) is not found in the OT.
The law. . ." and whatever other commandment there may be". . . being fulfilled simply in loving our neighbor (Romans 13:8-10) is not found in the OT.
Not quite. . .

It means that the knowledge of the way to salvation comes from the Jews;
i.e., faith in the Promise (Jesus Christ).

Not quite. . .

Knowledge of the promise of Messiah comes through OT revelation.
Receiving and believing that Jesus of Nazareth is the promise comes through NT revelation.
"True Judaism" is for leading to Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah of the NT.

You forgot the part about Israel being cut off from the one olive tree, the church of Jew and Gentile . .and remaining cut off as long as they persist in unbelief.
You forgot the part about God hardening the hearts of most of them (Romans 11:17-25), which has been for 2,000 years and counting now.

As I pointed out at the beginning of this, the problem is not misunderstanding because of cultural changes in the language, the problem, as seen here, is simply (deliberately) ignoring the text of Romans 11:17-25!

Actually, you've got that exactly backwards!
The OT is the NT concealed, the NT is the OT revealed.

pros-kuneo = pros, towards, and kuneo, to kiss; i.e., to do reverence to:
an act of homage to God, to Christ (Matthew 4:10; Revelation 4:10; Matthew 2:2; John 9:38),
to a man (Matthew 18:26),
to the Dragon by men (Revelation 13:4),
to the Beast, his human instrument (Revelation 13:8, 12, 14:9, 11),
to the image of the Beast (Revelation 13:15, 14:11, 16:2),
to demons (Revelation 9:20),
to idols (Acts 7:43)

Actually, literally it is "to kiss," meaning to do reverence to, an act of homage.

The Greek word for worship is pros-kuneo, "to kiss," meaning "to do reverence to;" i.e., to sing praises to, to adore, to submit to, to obey. . .

The main meaning is not the same as the only meaning.
The meaning of will-worship is the practice of that which is not a NT ordinance (baptism, Lord's Supper, laying on of hands); e.g., the practice of Seder at Passover time.

And, finally, as previously shown, the problem in not correctly understanding Scripture is not due to a cultural change in language, it is due simply to not knowing the Scriptures.
good luck getting a response he will start threads then disappear.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0