Why Do Christians Lie About What God Said in Genesis 2:17?

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟900,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the proper interpretation:

"Dying the first death, you shall die the Second Death."

Since God said it would happen on that day, then we know it happened within a twenty-four-hour period.

If we were to take your interpretation and apply it to the rest of Scripture, we would immediately see that it does not work.

For example, this verse...

1 Samuel 22:16
"And the king said, Thou shalt surely die, Ahimelech, thou, and all thy father’s house."

...becomes this verse...

1 Samuel 22:16
"And the king said, Thou shalt [die spiritually and begin the aging process until you finally die many years later], Ahimelech, thou, and all thy father’s house."

The same goes for every use of the phrase 'surely die'. It means physical death with the allusion of the Second Death after. It is always used on someone who was disobedient. In other words, it is a phrase reserved for the wicked...

Ezekiel 33:8
"When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

Not just physically die, but also die in his iniquity (i.e., he is unredeemable and bound for Hell). Scripture interprets Scripture.
Ezekiel 30:9 is another example of Beyovm being used in reference to a period in time, not actually a literal day because there were 10 plagues that were placed upon Egypt over a period of time longer than just one literal day.

“In that day shall messengers go forth from me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid, and great pain shall come upon them, as in the day of Egypt: for, lo, it cometh.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭30‬:‭9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'll take what the bible says and believe it rather than try to allegorize it
You can go straight to the conclusion if you do not want to read any of this.

What does the Bible say? Genesis 2 "He took one of the man’s ribs and closed up the area with flesh. 22And from the RIB that the LORD God had taken from the man, He made a woman and brought her to him. 23And the man said: “This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called ‘woman,’ for out of man she was taken.”

We see this word: "rib" translated 40 times as side and only here do they use the word "rib". I think the translators are taking some liberty with their translation. Science can still support that you can make a women from the bone marrow in a man. So there is no contradiction between science and the Bible. Most of the genetic information is in the X chromosome and very little in the Y. Men have both the X and the Y. I am just saying that Eve would be more HIs mother or Adams sister. Because of the DNA she would have in her. It is not unusual for men to be married to their sister in the Bible. Sarah was Abrahams sister by their father. So Sarah and Abrahams mother would have different mitochondrial DNA.

Tell me what YOUR opinion is of what Science tells us about DNA. Is the following just jibber jabber or do you have an opinion? Of course everyone is going to have common DNA if we are all descended from Adam. The Problem only "Jewish" and Middle east people have Haplogroup J. Other people from other parts of the world have a different Haplogroup. Although we all go back to the man we read about in Genesis chapter one. WE do all share a common ancestor.

"In human genetics, Haplogroup J-M172 or J2[Phylogenetics 1] is a Y-chromosome haplogroup which is a subclade (branch) of haplogroup J-M304.[Phylogenetics 2] Haplogroup J-M172 is common in modern populations in Western Asia, Central Asia, South Asia, Southern Europe, Northwestern Iran and North Africa. It is thought that J-M172 may have originated between the Caucasus, Anatolia and/or Western Iran.[9][10]

It is further divided into two complementary clades, J-M410 and J-M12 (M12, M102, M221, M314).

SO IN CONCLUSION. You think Adam in Genesis 2:22 is the same person as the Man we read about on the sixth day in Genesis one. But science tells us they were not the same person. My point is you may NOT accept the science but the science does not in any way contradict the Bible.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Since God said it would happen on that day, then we know it happened within a twenty-four-hour period.
The fact that Adam did not die until he was 970 should be a HUGE RED FLAG for people.

Genesis 5:2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

If the day God created male and female was a 24 hour day. Then Adam should have died the day he ate the forbidden food.

The Bible says it is evil and wicked to eat fat. But it takes a long time for that fat to kill us. Adam's sin was to eat food that he was told NOT to eat. Yet people seem to have no problem today eating food that is unlawful for us to eat.

Matthew 7 23 "Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

Last edited:
Upvote 0