WOF ..what is it

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The basic fundamental belief of WOF is that God does not lie and His Promises can be realized by whosoever will.

To sum it up I would say that WoF is like believing all the promises of God in the same manner as we all believe our sins are forgiven.
:thumbsup:These 2 statements pretty much describe WOF in a nutshell.

WOF teaching explains the 5 W's (who, what, where, when, why) of these 2 statements.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
This is some of the 5 W's of wof.

Word of Faith Statement of Faith Word of Faith - a forum for all Word of Faith Christians to discuss and fellowship.

A few things to know about us:

Word of Faith Statement of Faith
1. We believe that when we repent, confess with our mouths that Jesus is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised Him from the dead, that we are now justified by His blood, and shall be saved from wrath through Him. (Romans 5:9, Romans 10:9-10)

2. We believe that we are new creatures made righteous with Christ's righteousness, which is not of ourselves. We are not "unworthy new creatures" nor "sinners saved by grace". We were once sinners, but now we are saved by grace; our spirits born again, created in righteousness and true holiness; Sons of God, and joint heirs with Jesus.(2 Corinthians 5:17, Philippians 3:9, Ephesians 2:5-8, Ephesians 4:24, Galatians 4:6, Romans 8:17)

3. We believe in the Doctrine of Sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration, and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ's return. (John 17:17-19)

4. We believe the Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift from God to all believers in this dispensation. It is received separately from the new birth, and is accompanied by the ability to speak in other tongues, as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance. (John 15:26, Acts 2:4)

5. We believe that water baptism should be by immersion in the Name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost. It is a symbol of the Christian's identification with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. (Matthew 3:16, Romans 6:1-4)

6. We believe prosperity is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, spirit, soul, and body. The Lord has pleasure in the prosperity of those who serve Him. (3 John 1:2, Psalm 35:27)

7. We believe divine healing is always God's will for all believers; for the whole person, body, soul, and spirit, and is wrought by the power of God. Jesus healed all who were oppressed of the devil. (Acts10:38, 1 Peter 2:24)

8. We believe that all of the Promises of God are always yes and amen, never no; that they are provided for in the atonement of Christ, and are the privilege of every member of the Body of Christ today who will receive them by faith. (2 Corinthians 1:20)

9. We believe that the faith to receive any of the Promises of God comes from hearing God's Word alone; that God's Word is alive and powerful, and every Promise therein contains the faith of God, sufficient to bring itself to pass in the life of any person who believes His Promise in their heart, and confesses it with their mouth. What God has so wonderfully provided by His grace we receive by faith. (Romans 10:17, Hebrews 4:12)

10. We believe that in all things pertaining to life on earth, God is the Author of all that is good; it is only the devil who comes to steal, kill and destroy. God never tempts us, nor uses any element of the curse (Deut. 28) to teach us; He only teaches us by His Holy Spirit revealing to us, the truth of His Holy Word. (John 10:10, James 1:13, Psalm 119:105, John 16:13, Deuteronomy 28)

11. We believe God gave all mankind free will and dominion over the world that we live in; and gave all Christians His kingdom authority and power, to walk as Sons of God, in the steps of Jesus, Who was our example in all things. By way of the leading of the Holy Spirit, we are to take dominion over circumstances and situations, and enforce His Covenant Promises on earth, through the power of His Words spoken out of our mouth. We believe that when we speak in full agreement with His Word, we can have what we ask. (John 1:12, Mark 11:22-24, Luke 9:1, James 4:7, 1 John 3:22)

12. We believe Jesus, in His life and ministry on earth, demonstrated God's perfect will for the earth in all matters for all time. He was made to be sin for us, and was spiritually separated from the presence of the Father on the cross in our place; He descended into hell, was raised up by God the Father, loosed from the pains of death, and was the firstborn from the dead. (John 14:9-12, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Matthew 27:46, Mark 15:34, Acts 2:24, Colossians 1:18)

13. We believe that all scripture, comprised of the 66 Books of the Bible (no apocrypha) from Genesis to Revelation, is the Word of God, and is our final authority over all else for determining faith and practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

When we seek for ourselves, our focus is not on God. When we seek for ourselves His will is not being done or it may be some of His will.

We cannot focus on God (perfection) and His will, if the focus is on ourselves. We've tried this already, we sin. We therefore need salvation.

If we seek wealth, we may find it. But, wealth was never in Jesus vocabulary.

We can seek health, but we know that we do not understand the 'perfect will' of God.

We can seek prosperity, although the ones who have 'more', find it harder to go back to 'less'. Is it a great thing to have what God may not have put it in your path to have?

We all go through things we don't understand. God's perfect will is not within our understanding. WOF uses the principles of perfection and claims them as their truths.

"His will be done ON EARTH as it is in HEAVEN". Jesus taught us how to pray. He specifically told us that the Lord's prayer is the way we SHOULD pray. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done".

Maybe we should be careful of what our hearts desire?

That's my take anyway.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Or we could focus on the Lord's desires, and claim them as our personal truths.

If HE said it, that's final authority.

What does HE say about wealth, prosperity, healing, salvation, etc?

Do a scripture word search for prosper, wealth, abundant, heal, save, desire, want, rich, ask, pleasure, etc.

What the Lord says on these subjects is HIS will for us.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Does the Lord say anywhere in scripture that HE DESIRES you to be poor, sick, weak, sinning, ignorant of HIS will, etc?

Scripture RECORDS that people can be in these sorry states, but the LORD JESUS CHRIST said HE came to give life abundant, and the devil came to kill, steal, and destroy.

What IS happening to you is not the LORD'S will for you, IF it contradicts HIS written desire for you.

What HE says is HIS desire, AND what the LORD JESUS CHRIST did for you, is HIS will for you.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Can you explain a little more about the 5 W's?
For any promise the Lord makes in HIS WORD, you ask HIM to explain to you:
1. Who's this for?
2. What would this look like for me today?
3. Where's other scriptural confirmation for this promise?
4. When did the LORD JESUS give this to me?
5. Why did YOU promise me this?

and 6. HOW do I receive this?

WOF teaching is about answering the 5 W's on every scripture promise.

The LORD is making promises to you because you are HIS loved one, and the LORD JESUS CHRIST paid a huge price to give you this now.

The Lord's will is "THY will be done, THY kingdom will come (manifest) on earth AS IT IS in heaven".

Is there sickness, poverty, sin, ignorance, weakness, etc in heaven?

WOF wants to help you get rid of doubts and convince you "all HIS promises are yes and amen in CHRIST JESUS". 2 Corinthians 1:20

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
For any promise the Lord makes in HIS WORD, you ask HIM to explain to you:
1. Who's this for?
2. What would this look like for me today?
3. Where's other scriptural confirmation for this promise?
4. When did the LORD JESUS give this to me?
5. Why did YOU promise me this?

and 6. HOW do I receive this?

WOF teaching is about answering the 5 W's on every scripture promise.

The LORD is making promises to you because you are HIS loved one, and the LORD JESUS CHRIST paid a huge price to give you this now.

The Lord's will is "THY will be done, THY kingdom will come (manifest) on earth AS IT IS in heaven".

Is there sickness, poverty, sin, ignorance, weakness, etc in heaven?

WOF wants to help you get rid of doubts and convince you "all HIS promises are yes and amen in CHRIST JESUS". 2 Corinthians 1:20

Amen,your work is sound teaching in every post!

I cannot understand why Satan has blinded so many from the plain truth of Gods word.

We are not pushing our take on it,we are simply stating read this for yourself,and without
Adding generational dumbing down try to comprehend it.

It amazes me how anyone can say God is not true to his word,that somehow he changes it
From person to person.

To quote a old secular song: we never failed to fail it was the easiest thing to do...

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
When we seek for ourselves, our focus is not on God. When we seek for ourselves His will is not being done or it may be some of His will.

We cannot focus on God (perfection) and His will, if the focus is on ourselves. We've tried this already, we sin. We therefore need salvation.

We can seek health, but we know that we do not understand the 'perfect will' of God.

We can seek prosperity, although the ones who have 'more', find it harder to go back to 'less'. Is it a great thing to have what God may not have put it in your path to have?

We all go through things we don't understand. God's perfect will is not within our understanding. WOF uses the principles of perfection and claims them as their truths.

"His will be done ON EARTH as it is in HEAVEN". Jesus taught us how to pray. He specifically told us that the Lord's prayer is the way we SHOULD pray. "Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done".

That's my take anyway.

Here is Christ teaching how to pray as well:
Mark 11:22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. 11:25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Do you suppose the lords prayer had anything to do with Christ work on earth.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

That's my take anyway.

Not picking but on Gods will,do you view salvation as a work in progress?

We know Gods will through Gods Word.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God. 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

We know Gods will by our inner witness with the Holy Spirit, who dwells in us,the same spirit
That raised Christ from the dead dwells in our hearts we are sons of God.

How can we not know Gods will his law is written in our heart.

Walking as a Christian never knowing the will of God is a missed blessing.

Whom the son has set free is free indeed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
In other words, I interpret this to mean that the "Word of Faith" movement is about personal revelation. Revelation = God shows you personally somehow.

No,Bob failed to list the prior verse because it takes the wind out of his theory.

And Jesus said have faith in God.

But when you toss that out in gets turned into faith in ourselves.

Then you assume we have new Revelation WRONG

But this is what handling the Word deceitfully is,making accusations without the correct context.

A little leven levens the whole lump.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Or we could focus on the Lord's desires, and claim them as our personal truths.

If HE said it, that's final authority.

What does HE say about wealth, prosperity, healing, salvation, etc?

Do a scripture word search for prosper, wealth, abundant, heal, save, desire, want, rich, ask, pleasure, etc.

What the Lord says on these subjects is HIS will for us.

Each of us has a purpose in God's perfect will. We are members of the body of Christ. Each member has it's function and is equipped by the Holy Spirit with the gifts, ect of what they (each person) will need to do the will of God in their own life.

However, we each have a choice. We have always had a choice and we will always have a choice, which is to abide in God's will for us or to follow our own earthly, carnal desires.

I believe that if we are serving ourselves, we are NOT serving God, for a servant can not have two masters.

I then wonder, how can each of us live God's perfect will for us, in our lives, if we in our hearts, desire the things of this world. Jesus said that He is not of this world and we are not either.

I am not arguing with you, as a person. I am in disagreement with the premise of some WOF principles.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the Lord say anywhere in scripture that HE DESIRES you to be poor, sick, weak, sinning, ignorant of HIS will, etc?

Scripture RECORDS that people can be in these sorry states, but the LORD JESUS CHRIST said HE came to give life abundant, and the devil came to kill, steal, and destroy.

What IS happening to you is not the LORD'S will for you, IF it contradicts HIS written desire for you.

What HE says is HIS desire, AND what the LORD JESUS CHRIST did for you, is HIS will for you.
i think what is important is what we hold in higher value.the supply or the supplier.
to not be poor,we need only sufficient.not to amass wealth.
it digressing off the op... but i think 2 things annoy us about the few who 1,take wof to the extremist corner and 2,use the faith principles for worldly gain..

they annoy us via a sense of envy &pride lurking in our hearts (i say pride because we think-if I was that person I would do better and I would show them how wonderful I am......- yes you do:p )

and 2nd they annoy us because if the extremity of what they preach is what they believe,why do they amass a single dollar?it is this contradiction that gets me. if God is the all sufficient provider.. why amass anything?is he not able to provide at the time of need? he is able.

please remember i speak of the few.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Each of us has a purpose in God's perfect will. We are members of the body of Christ. Each member has it's function and is equipped by the Holy Spirit with the gifts, ect of what they (each person) will need to do the will of God in their own life.

However, we each have a choice. We have always had a choice and we will always have a choice, which is to abide in God's will for us or to follow our own earthly, carnal desires.

I believe that if we are serving ourselves, we are NOT serving God, for a servant can not have two masters.

I then wonder, how can each of us live God's perfect will for us, in our lives, if we in our hearts, desire the things of this world. Jesus said that He is not of this world and we are not either.

I am not arguing with you, as a person. I am in disagreement with the premise of some WOF principles.

Be blessed.
Really it works this way "If I was a world wide evangelist and had a multi million dollar budget (just to keep going) God may well want me to have a jet plane (a worldly thing) so that I could save millions on accommodation and travel. If on the other hand I didn't do much evangelising but desired a jet plane to go holidaying -there is a big difference

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Amen,your work is sound teaching in every post!

I cannot understand why Satan has blinded so many from the plain truth of Gods word.

We are not pushing our take on it,we are simply stating read this for yourself,and without
Adding generational dumbing down try to comprehend it.

It amazes me how anyone can say God is not true to his word,that somehow he changes it
From person to person.

To quote a old secular song: we never failed to fail it was the easiest thing to do...
Thanks for the encouragement.

I agree with your various points. I too wonder what's going on.

One thing I've noticed is lack of scripture knowledge and application.

This leaves Christians open to doctrines that defy scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

ToBeBlessed

Really it works this way "If I was a world wide evangelist and had a multi million dollar budget (just to keep going) God may well want me to have a jet plane (a worldly thing) so that I could save millions on accommodation and travel. If on the other hand I didn't do much evangelising but desired a jet plane to go holidaying -there is a big difference

That seems like a situation that would not occur for most of us. Do you have a more realistic example?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
i think what is important is what we hold in higher value.the supply or the supplier.
to not be poor,we need only sufficient.not to amass wealth.
it digressing off the op... but i think 2 things annoy us about the few who 1,take wof to the extremist corner and 2,use the faith principles for worldly gain..

they annoy us via a sense of envy &pride lurking in our hearts (i say pride because we think-if I was that person I would do better and I would show them how wonderful I am......- yes you do:p )

and 2nd they annoy us because if the extremity of what they preach is what they believe,why do they amass a single dollar?it is this contradiction that gets me. if God is the all sufficient provider.. why amass anything?is he not able to provide at the time of need? he is able.

please remember i speak of the few.
I thought your thread was "What is wof"?

The genuine wof have answered that well.

Now you're speaking of "the few"?

If you have a bone to pick with the disingenuous, they're found in every denomination, so why pick ONLY on WOF?

Do the disingenuous of other denominations NOT bother you?

Do the disingenuous of ANY denomination make sense to ANY of us?

Why waste time talking about a few people who are badly off-track?

What's that going to accomplish?

Let's get about the FATHER'S business, so people can be saved, healed, and delivered.

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Contrast the statement:

"You don't have to have the Holy Spirit speak prophetically to you for it to be yours."

With:

"Once you get the revelation of Who and what the Word of God is, that truth is the same as when He first spoke it."

SO which way is it, since you've provided BOTH alternatives It either IS "Revelatory", or it's not.

Of course, Faith is "Revelatory".

Which is exactly what I said to begin with.

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith

Be blessed.
1. You don't understand WOF principles, so disagreement is to be expected.

2. You don't understand WOF believers, so judging us as carnal is not surprising. (Romans 2:1, Matthew 7:1, Philippians 2:3, Romans 12:3)

This thread asked what is wof?

WOF have posted here to answer that question.

If you're happy with your beliefs, then live them to the fullest as unto the Lord. (Romans 14, and 2 Corinthians 5:10)

That's all we WOF are doing.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Contrast the statement:

"You don't have to have the Holy Spirit speak prophetically to you for it to be yours."

With:

"Once you get the revelation of Who and what the Word of God is, that truth is the same as when He first spoke it."

SO which way is it, since you've provided BOTH alternatives It either IS "Revelatory", or it's not.

Of course, Faith is "Revelatory".

Which is exactly what I said to begin with.

The statements are in harmony with each other.
I would use your second example first,because it qualified the first.

It is hard to explain to a critic that W.O.F does not claim anything out side of Gods Word for revelation.
Gods Word is a living Word,in that revelation comes through the Holy Spirit speaking to our inner witness from the word.

Upvote 0