Why is the universe so empty? Everything is so very far apart!

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We look at another galaxy and see clouds of stars yet each of those stars are probably light years apart from each other. 1 light year is 63,000 times the distance between the sun and the Earth. Why are things so spaced out? It does seem kind of crazy, right? :) Yet we know there are reasons for everything.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟292,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why are things so spaced out?

It avoids cross-contamination pretty well.

If there was something we could have easily visited, if there was a thriving civilization on the moon say, and it was twice as easy to visit as it actually was we would have done so by now.

How well do you think that would have worked out for them?
Or us?

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟177,725.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps the vast distances between stars give us an impression of how great and powerful our God is. Knowing that those unimaginable distances are like "one step" for God can indeed keep us very humble. God created the universe for his own glory after all.

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2020
Los Angeles
✟8,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to The Bible the sun, moon and stars are in the raqia above the earth

If this is the truth, how are scientists coming up with conclusions about space? Are they making stuff up? If so, how do they benefit from spreading these kinds of lies?

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because God is still stretching out the heavens (universe is still expanding)

I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded. Isa 45:12

Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein: Isa 42:5

Which alone spreadeth out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea. Job 9:8

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟686,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To us it is the vastness of space is incomprehensible. To God, it makes perfect sense.

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,”
declares the LORD.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so My ways are higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55: 8-9

• Agree
Reactions: Ragdoll
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We look at another galaxy and see clouds of stars yet each of those stars are probably light years apart from each other. 1 light year is 63,000 times the distance between the sun and the Earth. Why are things so spaced out? It does seem kind of crazy, right? :) Yet we know there are reasons for everything.

For wonder and awe!

So that it is possible for you to look into the heavens (the Universe), and be amazed, humbled, lifted, and come to faith even, or just realize the majesty of God's creation.

Both amazing on the tiny scale, and on the vast scale.

There is an endless wonderous beauty in it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
600px-Andromeda_Galaxy_560mm_FL.jpg

STSCI-H-p1427a-2300x2100.jpg

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,168,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look up. :)

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
It's to the glory of God. Humanity is astounded by the universe. God speaks through His creation. More and more is seen, and less and less understood. That's exactly how God wants it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If this is the truth, how are scientists coming up with conclusions about space? Are they making stuff up? If so, how do they benefit from spreading these kinds of lies?

If it is true, have you never read The Bible.
Then God said, “Let there be lights in the raqia (dome,expanse) of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the raqia (dome,expanse) of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the raqia (dome,expanse) of the heavens to give light on the earth,

The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the raqia (dome,expanse) shows His handiwork.

They are liars

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,274.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is not actually empty, there is dark matter and dark energy, we just cannot see them.

And who knows what else we cannot see, for example higher dimensions.

Upvote 0

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟188,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This universe is just for us. Its just us in it until He has dealt with sin and then this universe gets remade and we get access to all the rest of what is in existence that we can not access through or own devices in the time we have.

This is effectively a throw away universe. God will remake it at the appointed time and this universe as vast as it is probably does not even represent 1% of Gods creative power, that will be shown in the new heavens and earth.

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If it is true, have you never read The Bible.
Then God said, “Let there be lights in the raqia (dome,expanse) of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the raqia (dome,expanse) of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the raqia (dome,expanse) of the heavens to give light on the earth,

The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the raqia (dome,expanse) shows His handiwork.

They are liars
8.8 million scientists, all liars? Not one telling the truth? You do know that slander is a sin, right? I won't call you a liar because you believe that you are speaking truth. In order for those 8.8 million scientists to lie, they must know that the earth flat but they are denying it. You, my friend, are deluded.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
8.8 million scientists, all liars? Not one telling the truth? You do know that slander is a sin, right? I won't call you a liar because you believe that you are speaking truth. In order for those 8.8 million scientists to lie, they must know that the earth flat but they are denying it. You, my friend, are deluded.

I did not not write The Bible, and what i posted is from The Bible.

So if you have a problem with it, then do like Thomas Jefferson did take out all the parts you do not like or agree with and make your own Bible.

Upvote 0