Why Did God Create People He Knew Would Go to Hell?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟91,812.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 33:

11 Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel
God desires that the wicked would repent.

But then Romans 9:

19 You will say to me then, “Why does he still find fault? For who can resist his will?” 20 But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?”
God is the creator. He knows more than we do and can know more than we can. We need to humble ourselves before God and his infinite understanding.

21 Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? 22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction, 23 in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory?
Ezekiel expressed God's mercy, and Romans showed God's sovereignty. These are two aspects of the same God.

Does God desire the wicked to repent?

Yes, but they do not cooperate.

Does God make both righteous for honorable use and wicked people for dishonorable use?

Yes, by his sovereign power. God makes people whom he foreknows would act unrepentingly.

There is no contradiction in the first-order logical sense.

Why make them?

God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy.

1. To show his wrath.
  2. To make known his power.
  3. To demonstrate his patience toward the unrepentant.
  4. To prove his glory toward the repentant.
See also The will of God: What does it mean?.

Reactions: Vambram

TahitiRun

Feb 18, 2023
Atlantic Coast
✟11,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Ezekiel 33:

God desires that the wicked would repent.

But then Romans 9:

God is the creator. He knows more than we do and can know more than we can. We need to humble ourselves before God and his infinite understanding.

Ezekiel expressed God's mercy, and Romans showed God's sovereignty. These are two aspects of the same God.

Does God desire the wicked to repent?

Yes, but they do not cooperate.

Does God make both righteous for honorable use and wicked people for dishonorable use?

Yes, by his sovereign power. God makes people whom he foreknows would act unrepentingly.

There is no contradiction in the first-order logical sense.

Why make them?

God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy.

1. To show his wrath.
  2. To make known his power.
  3. To demonstrate his patience toward the unrepentant.
  4. To prove his glory toward the repentant.
See also The will of God: What does it mean?.
Gen 2:7 gives us some insight (indirectly, however) as to what the "vessels of wrath" and the "vessels of mercy" are. The two vessels mentioned in Rom 9:21 are being taken "out of the same lump", the same being if you will, called soul/living being in Gen 2:7, (Heb: nephesh).

The two vessels of the soul (the earthly and heavenly natures/kingdoms within) are "flesh" and "spirit", called "goat" and sheep" respectively in the parables of Christ.

It's not about evil beings vs good beings (the serpent seed doctrine, if you will). Rather, it's about each and every person. It's about you and I. It's about Jacob (spirit) being loved and Esau (flesh) being hated (Rom 9:13), it's about Isaac and Ishmael, one born according to the spirit and the other born according to the flesh (Gal 4:29), it's about being of the freewoman (Sarah) and also the bondwoman Hagar (Gal 4:30).

The "spirit" (i.e.: the breath of God that animates and gives life to all living beings) is the vessel of mercy within us, "elected" as such in Christ, while the "flesh" (the nature of the body derived from the soil) is the vessel of wrath, reprobated and "crucified" with Christ (Rom 6:6) accordingly, having been created to vanity of which all are made subject (Rom 8:20).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
People make all their own choices. God does not will that any should perish but that all come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 I think everyone is in the book of life but people are bloted out because of the choices they make that the life they live.

Upvote 0