Why are we here?

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is.
You may ask question. Otherwise, that is it.

Sure. What is the one consistent theme throughout the whole bible? Answer this, and I'll show you how you are mistaken.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If I assumed that, you can not prove me wrong.
Of course I can't prove you wrong; it's an unfalsifiable proposition. Any doctrine of the interpretation of scripture is that, including yours. But yours is not the only one, nor is it normative for all Christians.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sure. What is the one consistent theme throughout the whole bible? Answer this, and I'll show you how you are mistaken.

The unique purpose of human life. (which is different from all other lives)
We need to see this theme across time by many many descriptions in the Books of Bible. This is the most wonderful feature of the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Of course I can't prove you wrong; it's an unfalsifiable proposition. Any doctrine of the interpretation of scripture is that, including yours. But yours is not the only one, nor is it normative for all Christians.

No. I AM talking about science.
When we talk here, you need to constantly have that in mind.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The unique purpose of human life. (which is different from all other lives)
We need to see this theme across time by many many descriptions in the Books of Bible. This is the most wonderful feature of the Bible.

Ok, I want to be sure I understand you properly. Please explain how the theme is the unique purpose of life in the books of Song of Solomon and Revelation. And what IS the unique purpose of life?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I want to be sure I understand you properly. Please explain how the theme is the unique purpose of life in the books of Song of Solomon and Revelation. And what IS the unique purpose of life?

I do not have a special understanding to the Song of Solomon. But my general understanding is the Book describes how beautiful is the bride. A bride is a human, so we can understand it as a description of the beauty of human being. We (Adam) are perfect creature made by God.

In the Gospel Books, it is incredible to see that God uses bride to represent the role of human being in related to God.

In the Revelation, the Salvation is described as that Christians be lifted up to God, rather than God comes down to live with human (as Jews thought). In other words, it tells us that this earth is NOT our permanent home.

All these understandings, delivered to us piece by piece thought thousands of years, are extremely helpful guidances for us to live in a right (God's) way on the earth.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm here because I am interested in understanding the thinking of those who deny the evidence of their own eyes with regard to how we evolved. Also, with the distant hope of changing a mind and opening an eye or 2. :)
Yes this.

To learn about the goofy errors people get attached to, and why.

But also to learn from some highly science-educated people who chime in.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I do not have a special understanding to the Song of Solomon. But my general understanding is the Book describes how beautiful is the bride. A bride is a human, so we can understand it as a description of the beauty of human being. We (Adam) are perfect creature made by God.

In the Gospel Books, it is incredible to see that God uses bride to represent the role of human being in related to God.

In the Revelation, the Salvation is described as that Christians be lifted up to God, rather than God comes down to live with human (as Jews thought). In other words, it tells us that this earth is NOT our permanent home.

All these understandings, delivered to us piece by piece thought thousands of years, are extremely helpful guidances for us to live in a right (God's) way on the earth.
Quite right. But why do you need the literal inerrancy of Genesis for that?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟435,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Quite right. But why do you need the literal inerrancy of Genesis for that?
Because otherwise we're forced to apply judgement to all portions of the Bible regarding which parts are poetic, mythological, or literal.

Thats dangerous!

Reactions: Speedwell
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not "why are we here" in a metaphysical sense. But rather why are each of us here on this forum?

To do my part in fulfilling the Great Commission.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,453.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
This was one of those rare boards that had an ongoing Creation/Evolution debate that didn't favor the evolutionist arguments or squash serious debate. Learned a lot here, the occasional Bible study makes it worth the drama. Just an excellent moderation policy and a chance to see things from a lot of different perspectives.
Reality favours science over creationist
attempts to negate.
Moderator assistance not needed.

For those who do need shelter there are
forums where no observations about such
as yec falsehoods are permitted.

Upvote 0