Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
‘Why go to Mass on Sundays? It is not enough to answer that it is a precept of the Church. … We Christians need to participate in Sunday Mass because only with the grace of Jesus, with his living presence in us and among us, can we put into practice his commandment, and thus be his credible witnesses.’ —Pope Francis

“Why do you go to Mass?” I asked that question on my personal and Catholic Living social media pages and received more than 150 responses. The primary reason was Jesus’ presence in the Eucharist. It is exactly what gets me there.

A 2019 Pew Research study reported that only one-third of Catholics believe in the Real Presence. That led to a three-year National Eucharistic Revival beginning June 19, 2022, and culminating in a Eucharistic Pilgrimage and a National Eucharistic Congress this summer.

Hearing that only one-third of Catholic believe in the Real Presence was dismaying. But perhaps it isn’t so. Or maybe things are already getting better since a new study shows that now almost two-thirds of U.S. Catholics believe in the Real Presence.

Unfortunately, there is still the problem of declining church attendance including Catholics, but here are some reasons that people do go to Mass.

Continued below.

• Informative
Reactions: WarriorAngel

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟161,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Holy Eucharist. That's my primary reason, although I also go because I like the parish, the people there, the priest, and the music. :)
I agree with all your reasons except for the music. My friend started going to Mass at the earliest Mass and she said that there’s no music. I could get used to that except I’m a night owl and cant get up I time to be ready for 7:30 Mass. I’d prefer a Christian rock music Mass, but my second choice is no music at all.

Upvote 0