Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not "why are we here" in a metaphysical sense. But rather why are each of us here on this forum?

I'm here for fake internet points. Why is everyone else here?

(Also, Merry Christmas 'all!)
Because I have very few friends in the world of flesh and blood, and even fewer Christian friends with whom I can discuss my faith, and this has been a friendly place to be.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟908,975.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
To watch people try and convince people equally disinterested in listening to others' opinions.

I really don't know why people bother. People have their opinions and it ain't going to change, lol.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟572,130.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This was one of those rare boards that had an ongoing Creation/Evolution debate that didn't favor the evolutionist arguments or squash serious debate. Learned a lot here, the occasional Bible study makes it worth the drama. Just an excellent moderation policy and a chance to see things from a lot of different perspectives.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Why is everyone else here?

I'm an evangelist to Evolutionists in the last days. They have the "increased knowledge" Daniel 12:4 to understand that God hid His scientific Truth in Genesis. As the end comes closer and closer, they will proclaim that God's Truth in Genesis agrees with Science. It's testable evidence of the literal God.

Act 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of My Spirit upon ALL flesh:

God's Spirit of Truth will finally be accepted by atheists, agnostics and worshipers of Science. It's all a part of God's perfect plan to create a perfect physical Heaven and fill it with His own children, in just 6 of His Days/Ages. Amen?

Upvote 0

In situ

in vivo veritas
May 20, 2013
Amsterdam
✟15,712.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Because it is one of the rare places in where you can talk and discuss in depth the issues of evolutionary biology vs creationism and get a better understanding of why people might disagree with your own opinion. And over the years I have seen a lot of reason varry from plain ignorance to a deep and honest concern about morals and values and the purpose and meaning of life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

andy b

Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2013
uk
✟75,681.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
No to be honest I came to hear different views most of the people I'm surrounded by are cultural or lapsed ....most people I meet though day they are Christians but have zero knowledge of the faith so I decided to get the armour of God and learn as much as I can from as many sources

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
To watch people try and convince people equally disinterested in listening to others' opinions.

I really don't know why people bother. People have their opinions and it ain't going to change, lol.

Indeed. I remember reading about how the psychology of these sorts of debates/discussions and how people often leave more entrenched in their own views than beforehand.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Not "why are we here" in a metaphysical sense. But rather why are each of us here on this forum?

(Also, Merry Christmas 'all!)

To make evolutionist think agin.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To make evolutionist think agin.

And in the eleven years you have been here, can you name even one person on here who has changed his or her mind, and rejected Evolution? Seems like a futile reason to be here.

I'm here out of fascination. Both on the topics of discussion, and the social and psychological dynamic.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And in the eleven years you have been here, can you name even one person on here who has changed his or her mind, and rejected Evolution? Seems like a futile reason to be here.

I'm here out of fascination. Both on the topics of discussion, and the social and psychological dynamic.

Unless one tells me so, I would not know. But so won't you. You may not even know YOU have been changed somewhat by my arguments. Nevertheless, I only do sowing. Harvest is not my concern.

At the bottom of my mind, I do wish I could be challenged. However, through all these years, I rarely met any. May be just one argument which is an example given by someone years ago. I am still thinking about that one. (it is about beaver)

I still remember the very first question I raised in this forum: Why did we shed our fur (hair) in the process of revolution? So far, I haven't see any good explanation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I'm here to prove that I'm right and that everyone who disagrees with me is wrong.

Upvote 0