england
✟16,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Jesus was very rich, in love,mercy,compassion,forgivness,healing,miracles,he filled the disciples nets whith fish,he made gallons of wine,the finest of all wine,the guy said why you leave the best wine till last . lol
he fed 5000 people in one day,and plenty left over. he was very rich,but according to this world of materialism he looked poor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
As it has been said, Jesus became poor when He left Heaven's perfect abundance. There was no lack there. There was no trace of the enemy's blight. Jesus emptied Himself of His divine privilege and became poor in every sense of the Word.

By doing so, He also became rich. The fulfilment of God's will on earth was the fulfillment of the righteous requirement of the Law. It fulfilled the requirement given to both Abraham and Moses. In so doing, Jesus (and His family) showed to the world how God blesses those who walk with a perfect heart before Him and who incline to hear and do all that is written therein.

If you pictured someone else doing this, you would picture a very financially prosperous individual in any dispensation. I'm sure Joseph and Mary prospered wonderfully. I'm sure the talents they walked in were famous among their people, and that their giving was equally renowned. It has been said that (at one time) Joseph and Mary sacrificed the turtle dove, the lowest form of the offering required, but in time, God blesses those who walk in His ways. Jesus was given large amounts of gold, frankincense and myrrh. These were valuable and kept them during their time in Egypt and possibly beyond.

In the years before Jesus' public ministry, He learned obedience. We know that He was willing, so we know from God's Word that He ate the good of the land.

As an adult, Jesus gave it all, and He inherited in this world a hundred times what He gave up. His Spirit walk embodied the Jubilee.

Every need of Jesus was met and He was and is the living example of how God blesses those who walk in wisdom and love with a perfect heart. He became poor so that we could become rich. Never forget this. He paid the highest price so we could do this.

Lack is of the devil and never is apart of "Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven".

We are to follow His example of suffering, testing, obedience, and conformity to the Father's will, but in doing, "all that He has is thine".

Upvote 0
Jesus was poor. Not in spirit as he was filled with God's glory on earth. But in wealth, he was rather poor. He came down and was born in a manger. But he also came down poor for a reason. The Pharisees, the false teachers of the law of the bible, looked at Jesus and was ridiculed because they believed that Jesus, the Son of God, would come down in rich, magnificent, atmosphere and physical wealth. That's why they wouldn't believe at first. But as Jesus' teachings became more and more into the hearts of people in need, the Pharisees just became jealous. But of course, Jesus don't really care about money.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Jesus had to have someone on staff to handle the money coming in. If He had very little money coming in, there would have been no need to have a money man who BTW was stealing from the account but not enough for the 'sons of thunder' to notice otherwise they would have called down a little fire on the money man.

I wonder if this is in the book: Jesus had a House!

John 1:38,39
Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?
He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.

Not to mention the OT promises riches to those that walk upright before God and who is going to claim Jesus did not do that or that God lied about this???

Upvote 0

saffron park

The Gom Jabbar, the High-Handed Enemy
Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jesus had to have someone on staff to handle the money coming in. If He had very little money coming in, there would have been no need to have a money man who BTW was stealing from the account but not enough for the 'sons of thunder' to notice otherwise they would have called down a little fire on the money man.

I wonder if this is in the book: Jesus had a House!

John 1:38,39
Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?
He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.

Not to mention the OT promises riches to those that walk upright before God and who is going to claim Jesus did not do that or that God lied about this???

It says "where he dwelt", not "where he lived". It's talking about the place in which he was dwelling, or staying, at the time.

Mathew 8:20 "And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."

As for the OT promise, reference or it didn't happen.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
It says "where he dwelt", not "where he lived". It's talking about the place in which he was dwelling, or staying, at the time.

Mathew 8:20 "And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head."

As for the OT promise, reference or it didn't happen.

OK, so you believe Jesus was poor and barely got by... I guess satan gets to use money to propagate the bad news of darkness, and God's people are supposed to look like a bunch of redneck hillbillies... does that satisfy what you are thinking?

You cannot deny that Jesus had a place to "dwell" which is the same as saying He had a place to live. God said He would provide for our needs, reckon He refused to provide for Jesus' basic needs?

If you knew anything about the blessing of Abraham and that Jesus was a direct descendant of Abraham Who kept the law with absolute perfection... you'd know if there was ever anyone Who prospered under the Abrahamic Covenant it was in fact Jesus Christ Who prospered in every aspect of His life including being flush with cash... which is why when Judas left the Last Suppa they thought Jesus sent him out to give alms cause Jesus was known to have money to do that often.

And, religion cannot figure out how to explain away why Jesus had a treasurer. The NT also shows where Jesus was taking up offerings... but I'll keep all these references to myself since you've obviously made up yo minds. I wouldn't want to offend anyone or anything. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
OK, so you believe Jesus was poor and barely got by... I guess satan gets to use money to propagate the bad news of darkness, and God's people are supposed to look like a bunch of redneck hillbillies... does that satisfy what you are thinking?

Did I say that having money was bad? No. I said that the bible doesn't support a rich Jesus

You cannot deny that Jesus had a place to "dwell" which is the same as saying He had a place to live. God said He would provide for our needs, reckon He refused to provide for Jesus' basic needs?
Obviously God provided for Jesus' basic needs. He was still alive during the crucifixion, wasn't he?

And if you deny that Jesus had no place to dwell you deny the Bible verse I just posted.

If you knew anything about the blessing of Abraham
What blessing of Abraham?

and that Jesus was a direct descendant of Abraham Who kept the law with absolute perfection... you'd know if there was ever anyone Who prospered under the Abrahamic Covenant it was in fact Jesus Christ Who prospered
He certainly prospered in some ways.

in every aspect of His life
Crucifixion is prosperity?

including being flush with cash... which is why when Judas left the Last Suppa they thought Jesus sent him out to give alms cause Jesus was known to have money to do that often.
Bible reference or it didn't happen.

And, religion cannot figure out how to explain away why Jesus had a treasurer. The NT also shows where Jesus was taking up offerings... but I'll keep all these references to myself since you've obviously made up yo minds. I wouldn't want to offend anyone or anything. ;)
"I'm not going to show you the proof that Jesus was rich even though I TOTALLY DO HAVE PROOF It's just that I won't let you see it BUT IT DOES EXIST TRUST ME!"

I find that line of reasoning hard to believe. The only real reason for you not to give a Bible reference for your claims is because the Bible does not support your claims. So prove it, or you are wrong.

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
What blessing of Abraham?

So, you deny Jesus had a treasurer on staff? If He had little money, why have a guy along who's job is to handle the money?

You do understand that Jesus was wildly popular with the people, most of whom were rich Jews who were blessed, pleased, and honored to support His ministry?

People back then were just like they are today in that they will give money to support a ministry they believe is of God.

No need in arguing with someone who doesn't know anything about Abraham who is the man God Almighty calls "His friend". Hang in there bud, you'll learn some stuff eventually, even if you have to go to Heaven to do it!

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So, you deny Jesus had a treasurer on staff? If He had little money, why have a guy along who's job is to handle the money?

You haven't demonstrated that such a person existed.

You do understand that Jesus was wildly popular with the people, most of whom were rich Jews who were blessed, pleased, and honored to support His ministry?
Yeah, he was a real hit among the people who called for his crucifixion.

No need in arguing with someone who doesn't know anything about Abraham who is the man God Almighty calls "His friend". Hang in there bud, you'll learn some stuff eventually, even if you have to go to Heaven to do it!
You think I've never read Genesis? Maybe the promises that God gave to Abraham were given to (Get this!) Abraham!

You have yet to demonstrate otherwise. Your lack of willingness to prove your statements with scripture is leading me to believe that you're making all of this up.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,488,602.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He also had staff--at least 72 disciples at some times--who had to be taken care of from that same money. A steady cash flow is not "wealth." There is no indication that Jesus' organization had any more than necessary to meet their needs.

That made Him a non-profit organization, it did not make Him "wealthy."

Upvote 0

Gospel Guy

Headed Home!
Aug 11, 2013
✟1,829.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Maybe the promises that God gave to Abraham were given to (Get this!) Abraham!

You must have missed the part where God promised to bless Abraham's seed... that'd be his descendants. Why not go back and have a look see?

He also had staff--at least 72 disciples at some times--who had to be taken care of from that same money. A steady cash flow is not "wealth." There is no indication that Jesus' organization had any more than necessary to meet their needs.

OK, so left Jesus on barely get by street... reckon Jesus lacked faith?
Or, was God not able to trust Him with wealth? You know, it's not for Jesus to spend on His own carnal pleasures, since He was not a carnal minded man.

You fellers ever wonder why He was wearing a seamless robe that if you study history of that time you'll find that this was like wearing a suit today that would cost thousands of dollars like an Armani suit (the Roman soldiers cast lots for it because it was very valuable).

Like, whassup with that? Why wasn't he humble and go down to the Jerusalem Good Will store and get an old second hand robe? Reckon He had a problem with pride and arrogance?

And, how was it that Jesus was buddies with that rich man that gave his high dollar tomb for Jesus to be buried in? What about the time when he was ministering to the roughly 5000 men (about 15,000 people when counting wives and children) and they were all hungry and his disciples told Him there was no place to buy food... meaning, they had the cash on hand otherwise they would have said "Lord, yo ministry be all broke... you ain't got no money to buy nuthin to feed these folks", which is when he took the boys lunch and fed all those folks.

Things like this show Jesus did have money and He was known for giving to the poor which takes money. Unlike today's fancy preachers he was not spending it on Himself, but was rather spending it to be a blessing to others so yes His organization did have money and He was the head of that ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You must have missed the part where God promised to bless Abraham's seed... that'd be his descendants. Why not go back and have a look see?

These are the two closest verses I could find:

"That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;" (Gen 22:17)

Hm. I don't see "wealth for your descendents" on the list.

"And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice."

And in this one it's his descendants that are doing the blessing! Uh-oh!

Maybe if you knew the Bible verses you were arguing from I wouldn't have to guess.

OK, so left Jesus on barely get by street... reckon Jesus lacked faith?
Or, was God not able to trust Him with wealth? You know, it's not for Jesus to spend on His own carnal pleasures, since He was not a carnal minded man.

You fellers ever wonder why He was wearing a seamless robe that if you study history of that time you'll find that this was like wearing a suit today that would cost thousands of dollars like an Armani suit (the Roman soldiers cast lots for it because it was very valuable).

Like, whassup with that? Why wasn't he humble and go down to the Jerusalem Good Will store and get an old second hand robe? Reckon He had a problem with pride and arrogance?

And, how was it that Jesus was buddies with that rich man that gave his high dollar tomb for Jesus to be buried in? What about the time when he was ministering to the roughly 5000 men (about 15,000 people when counting wives and children) and they were all hungry and his disciples told Him there was no place to buy food... meaning, they had the cash on hand otherwise they would have said "Lord, yo ministry be all broke... you ain't got no money to buy nuthin to feed these folks", which is when he took the boys lunch and fed all those folks.

Things like this show Jesus did have money and He was known for giving to the poor which takes money. Unlike today's fancy preachers he was not spending it on Himself, but was rather spending it to be a blessing to others so yes His organization did have money and He was the head of that ministry.
I can't tell what parts of this are sarcastic and not :p

Upvote 0

saffron park

Aug 17, 2012
[!] Upstate [!] New York
✟13,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, if you could just be led by the Holy Ghost... :D

Death_Stare_Emote_by_googlememan.gif

Upvote 0