Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who is Jesus? The question is just as pressing today as it was 2,000 years ago when the Lord put it to his apostles outside of Caesarea Philippi (cf. Mt 16). It is a question that haunts some and brings others to tears. Some run from him, some hide from him, some adore him. The fact is, we must all answer the question: Who is Jesus?

In a modern world that is marred by relativism and apathy, it is a question that can hopefully shake the lapsed Christian or non-believer out of his indifference. For while some have a true hatred for Christianity, many have a simple, yet deep indifference for the Christian claim. Many of those suffering from indifference, or what might better be identified as the vice of sloth, are Christians themselves.

It is to these that the words of Jesus in the book of Revelation are addressed, “I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth” (Rev 3:15-16).

We would do well, I believe, to gently yet intentionally invite the indifferent to answer that question about the identity of Jesus—especially to those who express some nominal faith.

The Sword

Continued below.