• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Who here has heard of Temple Grandin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedicta00

Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟40,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
theseed said:
Can you tell me who she is, and what she has accomplished?
She is a woman who is Autistic and also has a PHD, believe it or not. She gives lectures about Autism and provides much needed insight seeing how she herself is Autistic.

She has written much on the subject including a book "Thinking in Pictures" about Autism and how she had dealt with her own.

She's an inspiration to many.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shelb5 said:
She is a woman who is Autistic and also has a PHD, believe it or not. She gives lectures about Autism and provides much needed insight seeing how she herself is Autistic.

She has written much on the subject including a book "Thinking in Pictures" about Autism and how she had dealt with her own.

She's an inspiration to many.
Correct, and she has also made major contributions to animal science in terms of the food industry as well.

Upvote 0

Fangtastic

plays with logs
Feb 7, 2005
Atomic Space Someplace
✟9,950.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
she's a prof here in colorado at CSU,diagnosed autistic but quite eccentric also. she designs these bins for cows to comfort them while breeding etc and used the same technique for herself making a bed that was boxed in. I dont feel she is in the same autsim category as my son...there's more variations of autism than we will ever know so i dont look at her as inspirational...she's a little odd. plus remember she was diagnosed long ago.they know more today than ever.not saying i dont think she's autistic but theres some other disorders there too.ive had 2 psyches agree with me. possibly schizo-autism.

Upvote 0

theseed

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Clarksville, TN
Visit site
✟30,488.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fangtastic said:
she's a prof here in colorado at CSU,diagnosed autistic but quite eccentric also. she designs these bins for cows to comfort them while breeding etc and used the same technique for herself making a bed that was boxed in. I dont feel she is in the same autsim category as my son...there's more variations of autism than we will ever know so i dont look at her as inspirational...she's a little odd. plus remember she was diagnosed long ago.they know more today than ever.not saying i dont think she's autistic but theres some other disorders there too.ive had 2 psyches agree with me. possibly schizo-autism.
There is not such thing as schizo-autims. Sencondly, her inventions are rather rational if you understand the science behind them. Third, I've seen her on film, and can tell that she is autistic.

Don't you know that many autistic people like closed in spaces and quite places? That is why she has invented the squeeze machine. Moreover, she has studied autistic behavior in animals, and hence why she use the squeeze machine on animals. Everthing she does is backed by research.

She is not only an inspiration for all autistic savants, bu the entire human race!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.