✟976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
2 Peter 3:
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

In the KJV Peter refers to Paul’s writings as Scripture.

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟21,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In the KJV Peter refers to Paul’s writings as Scripture.
Not really, it says they will not listen to his epistles, just as they would not listen unto the "other scriptures" So, he calls one letters or epistles and the other holy writ documents or scriptures.

My argument is not that these teaching are not Godly, but that they were unto specific flocks, and thus Paul who said I will be all things to all men that I might save them (something to that effect) hears from the Thessalonians that there dead loved ones who have passed on will not make heaven now tat they are dead, some's up with a SLANTED (not untrue per se) ABGLE on the Rapture. He says the Dead in Christ will rise FIRST, then those alive will rise a split second later (1 Col. 15:50-52). Well, you and I know the Blink of an eye takes less than a split second, so what Paul is doing here is laying it on heavy like Andy Griffith telling a story or tall tale to the kids about the American Revolution because he had given the kids the impression school work was not important, mistakenly, so he once he got finished telling about Paul Revere galloping at full speed they were like, I want to study that. Paul is just assuring them, in his own manner, to the best of his ability, that their loved ones will be taken home one day to be with Jesus. And if him putting a little extra jam on the bread helped them hold onto the Faith, KOOL. But, when the Dead rise we rise at the exact same time, we leave our bodies behind (meaning, WE DIE and our Spirit Men go to be with the Lord).

Paul saw himself as a Pastor to many flocks, the Word had been Written, THE WORD came and died on the cross. It is finished. Us reading these epistles is for a demonstration how to walk in the Lord. In my opinion, only the book of Revelation is directly from God. The Four Gospels ha to be the account of four human beings, remember, Jesus said if I testify of myself my testimony is not true (will not be seen as true by others is what he meant, God can not lie). The Epistles was to show us the Church in Action, thats why the RCC put them in their bible.

Upvote 0

TheCabinetGuy

May 2, 2024
Lewiston
Visit site
✟1,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Read Ezekiel chapters 8-9. Biggest clue in there as to what the mark of the beast is about.
The mark of the beast has been worn by occultists for thousands of years. It is the satanic symbol, not the tech embedded into it that makes it evil. Everyone has seen at least one version of it. It is the symbol of the occultic sun.
The rebuilt temple is meant to be taken literally. It's not just the Jews that want the temple in Jerusalem rebuilt...

Upvote 0