Mar 21, 2012
✟102,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congrats on the house, that's a big step...I'm jealous! We're just renting with no hope in sight of buying.

I wish this site was more active like it was 10+ years ago, I'm glad it's still here but it's kind of a shadow of it's former self. I post in Millennials as well occasionally, and I've been trying to venture out of OBOB a lot more lately like I used to way back when, but there just isn't much going on there. I'd much rather browse and post here than Reddit that's for sure, but Reddit's just way more active.
It’s hard! We rented for the first four years. The housing market has just been so crazy! I think this year it’s finally a little bit better.

I wish this place were more active too! I miss the ”good ol days”. ^_^ I’m on Reddit on and off as well. Sometimes I post what I think is a logical comment, then I get downvoted like crazy, so I throw up my arms and give it up for a few weeks, lol. Then I swear I’m never going on there again, but get sucked back in and comment a few weeks later. :ahah:

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It’s hard! We rented for the first four years. The housing market has just been so crazy! I think this year it’s finally a little bit better.

I wish this place were more active too! I miss the ”good ol days”. ^_^ I’m on Reddit on and off as well. Sometimes I post what I think is a logical comment, then I get downvoted like crazy, so I throw up my arms and give it up for a few weeks, lol. Then I swear I’m never going on there again, but get sucked back in and comment a few weeks later. :ahah:
Man you're telling me, I'm glad you guys were able to find a way into the market and buy though. You both must be really disciplined in your finances to get there.

I'm on Reddit a lot but I've been banned so many times from there for saying basic fundamental truth. Truth is branded as hate speech, so you can't even defend Christian morality anymore. Christian values just aren't allowed, and even when I'm in my "safe space" of r/Catholicism I think there are anti-religious mods that lurk and try to nail people like me who speak out a bit too loudly against liberal immorality like the trans problem.

I'm sure am glad this place still exists, it's "Ol Reliable". I have a lot of history here so it's always nice to come home after Reddit makes me angry with all of its garbage.

Reactions: Owlette
Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟102,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Man you're telling me, I'm glad you guys were able to find a way into the market and buy though. You both must be really disciplined in your finances to get there.

I'm on Reddit a lot but I've been banned so many times from there for saying basic fundamental truth. Truth is branded as hate speech, so you can't even defend Christian morality anymore. Christian values just aren't allowed, and even when I'm in my "safe space" of r/Catholicism I think there are anti-religious mods that lurk and try to nail people like me who speak out a bit too loudly against liberal immorality like the trans problem.

I'm sure am glad this place still exists, it's "Ol Reliable". I have a lot of history here so it's always nice to come home after Reddit makes me angry with all of its garbage.
Thats exactly what I noticed about Reddit too! If I’m posting on the marriage subreddit, I noticed that if people catch even the tiniest whiff of traditional marriage values in my comments, I get downvoted like crazy. Even when it’s totally logical and not really even that traditional. It kind of surprises me how much things have changed over the last 10-15 years. It’s hard to be a Christian on Reddit.

It is pretty nice to come back here though! If I ever got brave enough, I’d love to venture out on some other forums here. ^_^

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thats exactly what I noticed about Reddit too! If I’m posting on the marriage subreddit, I noticed that if people catch even the tiniest whiff of traditional marriage values in my comments, I get downvoted like crazy. Even when it’s totally logical and not really even that traditional. It kind of surprises me how much things have changed over the last 10-15 years. It’s hard to be a Christian on Reddit.
It is, I noticed that r/Christianity is a joke now, it's all a bunch of progressives LARPing as Christians like it's just a rotary club meeting or something. Thankfully r/Catholicism stays true to the faith but we still get brigaded on there quite a bit from 14-year-old edge lords who think their antagonizing God and his people is super original in human history.

There's so many subs on this site that are barely active and haven't seen any posts in months, if not years. But it's kinda fun to post there anyway lol.

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟102,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is, I noticed that r/Christianity is a joke now, it's all a bunch of progressives LARPing as Christians like it's just a rotary club meeting or something. Thankfully r/Catholicism stays true to the faith but we still get brigaded on there quite a bit from 14-year-old edge lords who think their antagonizing God and his people is super original in human history.

There's so many subs on this site that are barely active and haven't seen any posts in months, if not years. But it's kinda fun to post there anyway lol.
You’re right! Even the Christianity subreddit is getting bad, I noticed that too! It‘s so weird how all of a sudden I’m old enough to question and get frustrated by the way the “younger generation” thinks. Lol. I’m glad Catholicism is hanging in there, anyway. I‘m not Catholic, but I should check it out.

I post on some old subs once in a while too. It is pretty fun! ^_^ Have you ever gotten involved in the debate subs before? On Reddit, sometimes I would answer atheists questions to Christians. It‘s interesting. Lol.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You’re right! Even the Christianity subreddit is getting bad, I noticed that too! It‘s so weird how all of a sudden I’m old enough to question and get frustrated by the way the “younger generation” thinks. Lol. I’m glad Catholicism is hanging in there, anyway. I‘m not Catholic, but I should check it out.
No kidding that happened overnight. We went from being the young people to suddenly there are younger players in the game. Yeah it's a good sub, we get a lot of people in there inquiring.

I post on some old subs once in a while too. It is pretty fun! ^_^ Have you ever gotten involved in the debate subs before? On Reddit, sometimes I would answer atheists questions to Christians. It‘s interesting. Lol.
Oh man I think I squeezed the last bit of debate juice out of myself years ago, I can't handle it anymore lol. I used to debate on here all the time, mostly in theology and eschatology. How did your answers go over? Were they asking their questions in good faith?

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟102,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No kidding that happened overnight. We went from being the young people to suddenly there are younger players in the game. Yeah it's a good sub, we get a lot of people in there inquiring.

Oh man I think I squeezed the last bit of debate juice out of myself years ago, I can't handle it anymore lol. I used to debate on here all the time, mostly in theology and eschatology. How did your answers go over? Were they asking their questions in good faith?
I don’t blame you for your debate juice getting all squeezed out, haha. I might steal that phrase from you. Debate juice. ^_^

My answers to atheists go over okay, surprisingly, but they all wind up having this similar mindset in the end. The concepts of needing physical evidence for a spiritual being, “Why would God let people suffer”, and things like “The Bible says slavery is okay“ (or some other ancient Israelite custom) are the kinds of comebacks I see. I wish I were better at explaining things! I’m getting better, though.

Not all of them are asking questions in good faith either. Some are, but others are more just trying to convert people, or make them feel like they were just brainwashed their whole lives. It squeezes a few more drops of debate juice out of me too, lol.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My answers to atheists go over okay, surprisingly, but they all wind up having this similar mindset in the end. The concepts of needing physical evidence for a spiritual being, “Why would God let people suffer”, and things like “The Bible says slavery is okay“ (or some other ancient Israelite custom) are the kinds of comebacks I see. I wish I were better at explaining things! I’m getting better, though.
You should just tell them to watch Contact and remember that in the end even the atheist experienced things that couldn't be proven through empirical evidence and asked others to take her testimony on faith. Boom.
Not all of them are asking questions in good faith either. Some are, but others are more just trying to convert people, or make them feel like they were just brainwashed their whole lives. It squeezes a few more drops of debate juice out of me too, lol.
We tend to forget that Reddit is 95% 14-year-old edge lords who think they have the entirety of existence figured out.

Upvote 0

Owlette

Mar 21, 2012
✟102,514.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should just tell them to watch Contact and remember that in the end even the atheist experienced things that couldn't be proven through empirical evidence and asked others to take her testimony on faith. Boom.

We tend to forget that Reddit is 95% 14-year-old edge lords who think they have the entirety of existence figured out.
I’ve never seen Contact, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the reference! I totally agree with you. Even historically, I feel like there are a few things in history that we trust and believe based on even less testimony than what we have about Jesus, but I’d like to research that sort of thing more.

Right now I’m trying to understand and research some of the traditions/viewpoints that I grew up with in church, and how different denominations have interpreted those traditions/viewpoints in comparison. It’s just so interesting how many differences there are!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I’ve never seen Contact, I’ll have to check it out. Thanks for the reference! I totally agree with you. Even historically, I feel like there are a few things in history that we trust and believe based on even less testimony than what we have about Jesus, but I’d like to research that sort of thing more.
Shoot I think most world events since 2020 have demonstrated that. World governments asking us to take on faith that masks and vaccines work how they're supposed to, that election results are reliably counted and reported, that riots were insurrections and political prisoners are "threats to democracy".

I guess what I'm saying is these same people who reject the idea of accepting the Christian message on faith are the same people who've asked us to take a bunch of claims that were verifiabley disproved on faith as well. So they're logically asking more because there IS empirical evidence AGAINST their claims, and yet they're still asking us to take all these mandates and exhortations that they're "for the greater good" on faith (with mantras like "trust the science").

Right now I’m trying to understand and research some of the traditions/viewpoints that I grew up with in church, and how different denominations have interpreted those traditions/viewpoints in comparison. It’s just so interesting how many differences there are!
That's worthy research. That's basically what I did from 2010-2015, it was a wild ride. Basically I had this urge to discover the original church going back to like 2006, and eventually that took the form of tracing historic timelines, reading up on doctrine and theology and trying to find what was most consistent/least changed since Christ walked the Earth.

It's fun to learn all that stuff, I hope you're enjoying it!

Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Contact... I love that movie. My wife isn't as big of a movie watcher as I am, and dislikes sci-fi in particular (lol). But I think the speech/testimony at the end got even her attention, as she was about the house doing other things and listening in. It's a very unique movie.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟459,690.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's been major inlaw drama going on... again! All because they're so stubborn and don't even recognize it. It really wears us down as a couple. Hubby even turned his phone off for three days over the weekend. We so need a break.

Upvote 0

GodJesusAndChocolate

Hugging God and Jesus ^w^ =3
Dec 17, 2021
Hugging God, Jesus, and Chocolate ^w^ =3
✟238,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm having a good day with my Husband!! ^w^ =3 We both took our showers and now we are in our pajamas!! >_< ^w^ :hug::hug::):):hug::hug::relax::relax::laughing::laughing::coffee::coffee::cookie::cookie::custard::custard:

Man Light Skin Black Hair Chocolate Eyes Emoji Apple.png
Woman Light Skin Black Hair Chocolate Eyes Emoji Apple.png
Chocolate Chip Cookie PNG Smaller.png
Chocolate Chip Cookie PNG Smaller.png
cookie_1f36a (2).png
cookie_1f36a (2).png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having a second child is pretty rough. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from having a second child (or children at all), of course... but if you think going from one child to two will be easy, think again. Lol.

And to be clear - I didn't expect it to be easy. But in the back of my mind I thought it would be similar to when we had our first, which wasn't all that bad. But, as I've come to find out, having a second is very different. A second child is not twice the work... it feels more like five to six times the work. And it seems my feelings on this are not unique - because since having our second child, I've read posts from a lot of other parents who feel the same. With one kid, as parents you can give each other breaks by taking the kid yourself. With two kids, that's just not as easy to do (not when one of them is an infant, at least). With two kids, it feels like your spare time is essentially all gone. It's just a different dynamic altogether. The number of kids vs. the time & effort that is required for the parents is certainly not a linear relationship.

Maybe I'm a fool for not realizing all this before having our second child. And I'm not saying I would change anything (both my wife and I wanted two kids - and maybe more, if we were younger). It's just significantly harder and more stressful than I expected. And it's not because our youngest is a difficult baby either, because she isn't. The time constraints are really the biggest challenge right now. I don't think my wife realized that it would be quite this tough/stressful either, but she's handled it like a champ. And of course with breastfeeding and all, she has the tougher role in this whole thing (for the time being, at least).

I know it all changes when they get older and start to be more independent - and I'm excited to see the day when they start playing together. That will be so awesome to see. But right now it feels like that's a long way off. When the baby gets to be on more of a regular schedule (which should be starting in the next 2 months or so), things should also get easier. Just gotta keep thinking positive, and see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I brought our 3 year old (son) to see Migration this weekend at the theater. It was a good flick.

This is only the second movie he's ever seen at the theater. His first was the Paw Patrol Mighty Pups movie. We had to bring him to see that one, since he is crazy about Paw Patrol. (Although that seems to have faded a bit).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Having a second child is pretty rough. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from having a second child (or children at all), of course... but if you think going from one child to two will be easy, think again. Lol.

And to be clear - I didn't expect it to be easy. But in the back of my mind I thought it would be similar to when we had our first, which wasn't all that bad. But, as I've come to find out, having a second is very different. A second child is not twice the work... it feels more like five to six times the work. And it seems my feelings on this are not unique - because since having our second child, I've read posts from a lot of other parents who feel the same. With one kid, as parents you can give each other breaks by taking the kid yourself. With two kids, that's just not as easy to do (not when one of them is an infant, at least). With two kids, it feels like your spare time is essentially all gone. It's just a different dynamic altogether. The number of kids vs. the time & effort that is required for the parents is certainly not a linear relationship.

Maybe I'm a fool for not realizing all this before having our second child. And I'm not saying I would change anything (both my wife and I wanted two kids - and maybe more, if we were younger). It's just significantly harder and more stressful than I expected. And it's not because our youngest is a difficult baby either, because she isn't. The time constraints are really the biggest challenge right now. I don't think my wife realized that it would be quite this tough/stressful either, but she's handled it like a champ. And of course with breastfeeding and all, she has the tougher role in this whole thing (for the time being, at least).

I know it all changes when they get older and start to be more independent - and I'm excited to see the day when they start playing together. That will be so awesome to see. But right now it feels like that's a long way off. When the baby gets to be on more of a regular schedule (which should be starting in the next 2 months or so), things should also get easier. Just gotta keep thinking positive, and see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Well, we turned a corner with our newborn daughter a few weeks ago. She started sleeping through the night (80% of the time), and I think both my wife and myself have adjusted to having two little ones. The baby is on more of a schedule now during the day as well (which of course isn't really possible in the first 4 months or so - but that varies from child to child), so that also helps.

Upvote 0