What would the country be like if Biden won ?

Laconia79

Dec 5, 2021
Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:39
"But I say to you, do not show opposition against an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other toward him also."

Notice that this is about getting a slap on the cheek. That's different from being shot at with a gun, or stabbed with a knife.
do not show opposition against an evil person, that can mean someone with a gun or a knife. Depending on the verse and the translation can have 10 different meanings. And one I notice one thing conservatives Christians do. They use the bible to justify evil. Would like a list its 2000 year long but I can give it a shot.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
do not show opposition against an evil person, that can mean someone with a gun or a knife. Depending on the verse and the translation can have 10 different meanings. And one I notice one thing conservatives Christians do. They use the bible to justify evil. Would like a list its 2000 year long but I can give it a shot.

Show us how defending oneself from an attacker is evil.

Upvote 0

Laconia79

Dec 5, 2021
Indianapolis
✟13,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Show us how defending oneself from an attacker is evil.
again (do not show opposition against an evil person) No one is calling the defender evil. but it does say no opposition against an evil person. If someone is trying to kill you I would call that evil lol.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
again (do not show opposition against an evil person) No one is calling the defender evil. but it does say no opposition against an evil person. If someone is trying to kill you I would call that evil lol.

So, if someone tries to kill you, let them? That didn't seem to be the order of the day back in the days of King David.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,723.00
Faith
Christian
America is selling its own people wanting to make war and the people should fight it to elect a truly conservative Christian president that does not have his own agendas. Jesus said be wise gave example if another country comes against you with more make conditions of peace. People have to forgive not to get people in trouble or can expect uprising but all should now need to agree all nations to ensure peace and fair power for all other countries. Otherwise can expect other nations to join to fight. Though America may need to defend itself to put pressure to attack those who start it if Russia does not make peace to limit all nuclear abilities of all countries to make it equal that every country only deserves equal to protect which should be job of United Nations though United Nations claims to be for that they are not to be trusted always as they seek the nwo agenda but pressure should still be made on them to do.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟590,723.00
Faith
Christian
In response to the evil image that was posted

It is blasphemous against christ He is holy though He is patient with us does not mean because He is sinful like us but that because we are all His creation and anyone who would not accept the least person is a devilish murderer that does not deserve to be in His presence and must accept the Lord to believe in Him for it is fact that we are all the unholy ones not the Lord even if you did not do a big sin you have done wicked things that in His eyes makes you a sinner and can not endure His holiness. Though I am to blame for doing evil even if not externally to approve bible says makes you abominable like them not to hate the evil to repent of it in one heart but I do sin because of the sinful humanity that keeps judging me and rejecting me and christians approve of them that I am not good enough and christians who follow man made doctrines not in the image of christ to try to condemn me that it grieves me that all men are evil and don't want to be close to a God to allow them to get away to justify them. They have called good evil and evil good if they think so from their heart and they don't just teach that because they think bible teaches that but not to have hatred and contempt to want others to be judged for to have such hatred and judgement on your heart makes you not Christian to not be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Every president's accomplishments are determined by his coattails.

If he has majorities in both houses, his programs will be implemented. When Biden had his razor thin majorities in both houses, he accomplished much more than people expected he could, despite the best efforts of turncoats Manchin and Sinema to thwart his successes.

He believes he can get more done despite the narrow Republican majority in the House.

Because he was in Congress for so many years, he is probably better equipped than most to deal with compromise and negotiation, sort of like LBJ, who ushered in Medicare, Voting Rights, and other progressive policies that have helped hundreds of millions of people over the years.

Is Biden evil? Is Biden the anti-Christ? ROFL.

He was elected as the anti-Trump, precisely because he was kind, compassionate, family-friendly, gentle, good.

I voted for Biden because character counts.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Every president's accomplishments are determined by his coattails.

If he has majorities in both houses, his programs will be implemented. When Biden had his razor thin majorities in both houses, he accomplished much more than people expected he could, despite the best efforts of turncoats Manchin and Sinema to thwart his successes.

He believes he can get more done despite the narrow Republican majority in the House.

Because he was in Congress for so many years, he is probably better equipped than most to deal with compromise and negotiation, sort of like LBJ, who ushered in Medicare, Voting Rights, and other progressive policies that have helped hundreds of millions of people over the years.

Is Biden evil? Is Biden the anti-Christ? ROFL.

He was elected as the anti-Trump, precisely because he was kind, compassionate, family-friendly, gentle, good.

I voted for Biden because character counts.
Kind/commassionate--but refuses to show any for those in Ohio who are suffering. Even laughs at a woman who lost 2 sons to Fentanyl.

Family friendly? Families wouldn't even exist anymore if he got everything he wanted when it comes to abortion.

Gentle? Tell that to the political prisoners he has locked up without a trial for a protest against him.

Good? Good grief!

You may have voted for him because you think character counts, but he himself obviously thinks skin color and sexual preferences are far more important when it comes to appointing cabinet members then character, in direct opposition to what Martin Luther King once said.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Kind/commassionate--but refuses to show any for those in Ohio who are suffering. Even laughs at a woman who lost 2 sons to Fentanyl.

Family friendly? Families wouldn't even exist anymore if he got everything he wanted when it comes to abortion.

Gentle? Tell that to the political prisoners he has locked up without a trial for a protest against him.

Good? Good grief!

You may have voted for him because you think character counts, but he himself obviously thinks skin color and sexual preferences are far more important when it comes to appointing cabinet members then character, in direct opposition to what Martin Luther King once said.
I know your opinion is affected by your media choices and perhaps your preacher.
Just as I know my values are influenced by Pope Francis and those in the Church who share his vision, along with the Pulitzer prize award winning media i consume who use reliable primary sources, verified multiply.

But finding Biden morally and ethically superior, and his cabinet members more qualified, is a matter of reasonable intelligence, plain old common sense, and a conscience that knows the difference between right and wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Social Security is 86 years old. Medicare and the Voting Rights Act are 58 years old. FDR's huge infrastructure plan, the WPA, brought electricity to rural states and towns.

Progressivism has existed for many years.

Republicans did good things too, but have been going downhill since the 1980's, and became hyperpartisan obstructionists after Gingrich.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I know your opinion is affected by your media choices and perhaps your preacher.
Just as I know my values are influenced by Pope Francis and those in the Church who share his vision, along with the Pulitzer prize award winning media i consume who use reliable primary sources, verified multiply.

But finding Biden morally and ethically superior, and his cabinet members more qualified, is a matter of reasonable intelligence, plain old common sense, and a conscience that knows the difference between right and wrong.
Uh huh.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pope Francis would never reduce politics to a single issue and neither will I.
Republicans tend to hang on to abortion because it is the only issue they can point to that could indicate a moral high ground--amidst the abominably bad policies they support on every other issue.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Pope Francis would never reduce politics to a single issue and neither will I.
Republicans tend to hang on to abortion because it is the only issue they can point to that could indicate a moral high ground--amidst the abominably bad policies they support on every other issue.

I'm glad you think abortion is a moral high ground that Biden has abandoned. However, it is disappointing to see you abandon such an issue in order to support Biden. I hope you reevaluate what priorities are important.
There are plenty of issues beyond abortion that could be addressed, but abortion would seem to be a pretty important one. Guess not.

Reactions: LesSme
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Democrats do more to prevent pregnancy before it happens. Support for health care and the ACA. Comprehensive sex education. Prescription drug coverage.
Expanded child care tax credit (sadly only for one year) that decreased child poverty by 50%.
Attempts to pass parental leave, universal preschool and more.
And the Republican approach to preventing pregnancy? As one Missouri candidate said, the aspirin between the knees.

Republican anti-life policies put many women into the situation where they see abortion as their only choice.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Democrats do more to prevent pregnancy before it happens. Support for health care and the ACA. Comprehensive sex education. Prescription drug coverage.
Expanded child care tax credit (sadly only for one year) that decreased child poverty by 50%.
Attempts to pass parental leave, universal preschool and more.
And the Republican approach to preventing pregnancy? As one Missouri candidate said, the aspirin between the knees.

Republican anti-life policies put many women into the situation where they see abortion as their only choice.

Everything you mentioned Democrats doing involves spending big time taxpayer money. How much money do you think it costs to not have sex before marriage? How much money does it cost for parents to talk to their children about such things? Why are those items not listed in what Democrats have done?

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,608.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
. How much money do you think it costs to not have sex before marriage? How much money does it cost for parents to talk to their children about such things?
What? Take away what is seen as a right while your constitutional rights are ignored? Priorities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,077.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Everything you mentioned Democrats doing involves spending big time taxpayer money. How much money do you think it costs to not have sex before marriage? How much money does it cost for parents to talk to their children about such things? Why are those items not listed in what Democrats have done?
Ideally parents would talk to their children about sex. Ideally they would transmit ethical, moral, and spiritual values to them (if they are nones) and good religious values to them if they practice a faith tradition.

How successful have conservative Christians been at getting their children to abstain before marriage? My red, red, red state has one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country.

Are you postulating that birth control is more expensive than childbirth and raising a child? Well, perhaps to the 'pro-life' Republicans, who cut taxes for the rich and benefits for the poor, maybe it isn't.

You know what costs big time taxpayer money? Giving away tax cuts to corporations and millionaires who don't need them. Giving huge tax breaks to fossil fuel companies.

Upvote 0