What will happen to Christians who reject the Sabbath?

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟166,717.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What will happen to all of those who believe they are required to "keep" the Sabbath and fail to REALLY keep it according to Is58:13-14?

I am certainly grateful God didn't make me the judge. It appears though that those of us who do not believe we are required to observe a day or days are being judged by some who claim to keep it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

B Griffin

Sep 4, 2011
Georgia
✟51,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here is the text of the 4th commandment:

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. (Ex 20:8–11)​

The 4th commandment says we (and our families, our employees, our animals, and all others in our care) are to rest from our labors on the Sabbath day. What else is required of us in regard to the Sabbath in order for us to avoid going to hell?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
He will not tell you.
I don't believe studyman belongs to any church/denomination. He and I have spoken before by pm and it came across that he is independent of any religious persuasion other than the Bible. It's not that he will not, he cannot, because he doesn't belong to any organized religion.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe studyman belongs to any church/denomination. He and I have spoken before by pm and it came across that he is independent of any religious persuasion other than the Bible. It's not that he will not, he cannot, because he doesn't belong to any organized religion.
Thank you Gary

It doesn’t seem so hard to understand, but for some it is.

I think Paul speaks to this very thing in his teaching that “to whom a man yields himself a servant to obey, his servant ye are.”

I want to be a servant of God, not a religious franchise. Is that so bad?

Thank you again for understanding.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you Gary

It doesn’t seem so hard to understand, but for some it is.

I think Paul speaks to this very thing in his teaching that “to whom a man yields himself a servant to obey, his servant ye are.”

I want to be a servant of God, not a religious franchise. Is that so bad?

Thank you again for understanding.
You're welcome.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I left manmade religious labels and businesses...
To create your own man-made theology, just without a label. I was curious what established denomination supports your views about the Mosaic Law. "None" is also an answer and you would not need so many words.

So far it seems that only Seventh Day Adventists, would-be Jews and solo individuals are arguing for keeping the Mosaic Law in the form given to ancient Israel, in these forums.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To create your own man-made theology, just without a label. I was curious what established denomination supports your views about the Mosaic Law. "None" is also an answer and you would not need so many words.

Well, this is certainly true.

God's Laws and Judgments and Statutes that HE gave to Abraham and then to Abraham's Children through Moses, that the Prophets and the Christ promoted, and the Disciples of Christ walked in, are certainly rejected and despised by this world's religions and have always been rejected by them. So to the question "What theology, religious business or religious sect that exists in this world God placed both you and I in, has ever honored God in His Laws that "ALL" the examples of Faithful men given us by the Spirit of God through the Scriptures walked in"? And you would be right, the answer is "NONE".

I don't have to create a theology or pick an existing one, as is the tradition of man. God has already prepared a "Way of the Lord" for us, with examples and lessons written for our admonition, and HE has created "Good Works" beforehand and made them know to all men, that we should walk in them, even as His Son and His Servants before us walked in them.

Jer. 6: 16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they/you said, "We will not walk therein".

I have chosen the path that the Jesus "of the Bible" walked in, as instructed by the Holy Scriptures. He said this would make you angry.

So far it seems that only Seventh Day Adventists, would-be Jews and solo individuals are arguing for keeping the Mosaic Law in the form given to ancient Israel, in these forums.

You are missing the most important part. It is Paul's words that expose the falsehood of your preaching regarding the Law and Prophets, not mine. I posted his words, to show who, according to Paul, the Law and Prophets were written for. My views regarding the Law and Prophets are not mine, but the Christ "of the Bible" who purchased me. And Paul's, and Peter's and the Prophets before them, and most importantly, the "One True God" who Jesus said to know was eternal life.

And I also posted the Inspired words of 1 Peter. But your masters, that is, those to whom you have "Yielded yourself" a servant to obey, has forbidden you to acknowledge the Scriptures I posted. You won't acknowledge them, answer questions regarding them, discuss them or otherwise even consider them. This is because the theology of the worldly religious sect you have adopted, is become more important to you, than the Word of God which became Flesh.

I have no such burdens, because I have been freed from serving this world's religions, that I might "Yield myself" a servant to obey another, even God. Now I am become a "new man", a servant of God's Righteousness, and as such, I am free to discuss "ALL" of the Inspired Words of God and grow in His Knowledge which is not of this world.

This Path is there for you as well. But you must choose it, Jesus doesn't walk the Path for you. At least not the Jesus of the Bible.

And as I have told you before, but you are not allowed to believe, this same Path was walked by Noah, Abraham, Moses, Caleb, Gideon, David, Zacharias, Simeon, Peter, James, Cornelious, Paul, John, and all the examples of Faithful men given us by Inspiration of God, for our admonition.

It is turning to this God that I advocate for, as the Scriptures instruct.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My views regarding the Law and Prophets are not mine, but the Christ "of the Bible" who purchased me.
Sure, other Christians understanding is "man made", but yours is not.

But your masters, that is, those to whom you have "Yielded yourself" a servant to obey, has forbidden you to acknowledge the Scriptures I posted.
Stop babbling nonsense. The vast majority of churches are quite liberal and letting you believe whatever you want, as long you are not preaching it from their pulpit. I have always had many views not common in the churches I attended (as also other people had theirs) and we were all fine with it.

You won't acknowledge them, answer questions regarding them, discuss them or otherwise even consider them.
Yeah, except of years of discussing them here, again and again.

This is because the theology of the worldly religious sect you have adopted, is become more important to you, than the Word of God which became Flesh.
What religious sect? Do you mean basically all Christianity? You are the sect, actually. You even have the sect mentality ("all others are worldly and man made, but I, I am the real one").

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no Command of God, at least the God of the Bible, requiring that I "Worship God" on the 7th Day.

Good to you Studyman and Happy Sabbath! ( I am sorry I forgot to have this greeting in my initial post to you and edited it in just now)

How is it one keeps the day holy? Worshipping in song, prayer, praise and doing our LORD'S bidding is keeping the day holy. This we should do. And in doing we chance not defiling it by the unholiness of a self serving nature.

Though we are to keep everyday Holy and our lives through Christ are to Exemplify worship and holiness. The Sabbath we are called specifically to rest from our OWN work not the Lords on the Seventh Day. For in the Lord's is rest and holiness.

Resting and keeping the day holy are two different things. Though resting on the Sabbath would be part of keeping the day holy. it is not all inclusive. The text below shows us that when it speaks of defiling the day and the punishment is death. And then states that if one works on the Sabbath they shall be cut off rather then stating that they should be put to death.

How does one keep a day Holy and not defile it? By Worshipping, praising and doing things of God.

Exod 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Hey there Studyman, I hope your day goes well.

My friend, the Jesus of the Bible and His Father before Him, tells me this Commandment is made for men. Not the world, not the religions of this world, not the religious businesses of this world, but for "MEN" which defines "me". Why? Why did God create this Holy Day, a Fast from this world on the 7th day of every week, "For me"?
Though you speak truth these verses in Isaiah that you quoted are speaking in general in respect to everyday life and fasting not the Sabbath exclusively.
Verse 2 sets the context in that it says they seek me daily and delight to know my ways. So God is not just speaking of the Sabbath exclusively he is speaking of daily life and fasting in general.

Isa 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.
Isa 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.
Isa 58:3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours.
Isa 58:4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.
Isa 58:5 Is it such a fast that I have chosen? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?
Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Here is what HE tells me.

Is. 58: 6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, On who my friend? Who needs the bands of wickedness loosened? Isn't it me???? Is this not why "I" must fast from the world, to loose the bands of wickedness "on me"?? And how can I help others, if I am bound by wickedness? You know I can help no one. No!! my friend, as Jesus also teaches, I must first expose, and they remove the beam from my own eye, before I can help others with their beam. I find this task an ongoing struggle, to the point where I wonder if God really needs my help to save another, and maybe HE doesn't, but would rather I work on removing my own Beam. Just a thought. Please continue with God's Word here.
to undo the heavy burdens, On whom? Is this also not "ME", to which this Commandment was specifically made for? What are the burdens placed on me by this world's religions, religious traditions, philosophies, etc. Is this not my "Cross"? You know we are surrounded by this worlds influence. God created this fast from the world, so I can dwell on His Word undisturbed and discern between righteousness which are wrought in God, and those burdens which are commandments and traditions of men. Otherwise, I will just promote the burdens of a religious sect or business I adopted.

and to let the oppressed go free, and that "ye" break every yoke? Again, I can't set someone free from a pit I have also fallen into. I can't expose a deception if I am also deceived by the same deception. The Sabbath was made for me, for the purposes detailed here and elsewhere. How can I do God's Bidding, and be a vehicle to lead men to His Truth, if I don't even Trust the tools HE gave for me in the first place? If I won't even bring myself into the Light, how can I lead others there?

Let's continue;

7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him;

How can a man do these latter things, unless they first do the former? Here comes my favorite part, and the hardest part to do.

and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Once again you speak truth and it is very applicable to this text. Our lives are our biggest witness. People have to be able to see Christ in and through us in order for us to share Christ.

Isa 58:6 Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?
Isa 58:7 Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?
Isa 58:8 Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
Isa 58:9 Then shalt thou call, and the LORD shall answer; thou shalt cry, and he shall say, Here I am. If thou take away from the midst of thee the yoke, the putting forth of the finger, and speaking vanity;
Isa 58:10 And if thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday:

The manmade shrines of worship made of wood and stone, by the hands of men, is not God's Righteousness, but men's? They are made to distract, and to keep a man from exposing himself to the Light by convincing them they are all set. They are a beacon of "Look at us, we are holy" and it is all self-serving to be seen of and heard of men. It is an ancient religious tradition and religious marketing strategy employed by this world's religions since the destruction of the tower of Babel. Jesus exposes it in Matt. 6 and 7 and elsewhere.

If the purpose of the Sabbath is to Worship in song, prayer, praise , then why did God tell Isaiah these things that were written specifically for me in this time in history? And why does God feel the Need for this Fast "Every" Week?
Isaiah 56 is speaking of our life in general not just the Sabbath. If we are not living in and through God doing His bidding the other days what will be different on the Sabbath? This fast that is spoken of by God in Isaiah is who we are suppose to be all the time. Not just on Day Seventh.

The post you responded to did not say, "the purpose of the Sabbath is to Worship in song, prayer, praise." It said, "How is it one keeps the day holy? Worshipping in song, prayer, praise and doing our LORD'S bidding is keeping the day holy. This we should do. And in doing we chance not defiling it by the unholiness of a self serving nature.

Though we are to keep everyday Holy and our lives through Christ are to Exemplify worship and holiness. The Sabbath we are called specifically to rest from our OWN work not the Lords on the Seventh Day. For in the Lord's (work) is rest and holiness."

And what is His bidding, the Lord's work? All the things mentioned in Isaiah and more. Should we go to Synagogue, church? Yes, as was Jesus' custom. Do we have to? No but there is a strong argument most should because they will end up doing their own ways because they are NOT living the fast of the Lord the other 6 days of the week.

"Worshipping in song, prayer, praise and doing our LORD'S bidding is keeping the day holy".

Surely those men in Matt. 7 who called Jesus Lord, Lord, did this very same thing, as well as those in Matt. 24 "Who come in Christ's Name". I am not saying these things to condemn, only in fellowship in search of Biblical Truth with relevant questions.

But what does Jesus say.

Matt. 6: 5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. 6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Is this not the Lord's Bidding? And if God can hear me in my dark closet, who then am I attempting to reach with my "Worshipping in song, prayer, praise"? The truth to this question is clear, but it's accepting this truth which is hard to do. It's much easier to hide oneself from his own flesh, than to answer the question honestly. Certainly it was for me in the beginning, and even now from time to time.

Food for thought my friend, thanks for the reply.
As was said from the start the Lord's bidding is doing the things of the Lord. This is true worship. Our knees constantly bent at the Lord's feet to do His service praying without ceasing. Matt 6:5 is speaking in general. If our worship even in a Holy Convocation on Sabbath isn't personal in respect to it being in humility from you to God then it is nothing as Jesus says here in Matthew. But we are called to Gatherer on the Sabbath. But some are called to stay in their tents. But as for me and my house we will follow the Lord Jesus and His custom on the Sabbath was go to synague to be a witness through His Rest. But as you know church is not what Sabbath is all about.

Don't misunderstand I like your post here BTW. This lesson is lost on many and needed said more succinctly. May the Lord our God continue to use us and strengthen us in all His Way, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure, other Christians understanding is "man made", but yours is not.

The Jesus "of the Bible" warns me of this. These are His Words, not mine.

Matt. 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Here, the Jesus of the Bible is warning me to be extra careful of "Many" men, that they don't deceive me. Jesus doesn't tell me to take heed of men of Islam, or of Buddhism, or who are Atheists here. He has singled out a specific religion made up of "Many" men, who come in HIS Name, teaching that HE is the Lord. It's right there in your own Bible.

Now you use the phrase "Mosiac Law". Did you learn this phrase from the Jesus of the bible? Did Jesus ever once, as the Rock of Israel, or after HE became a man in the person of Jesus, every use this term to describe His Father's commandments? No. This is a "manmade" term that you use. That is simply an undeniable fact.

Jesus calls it the Law and Prophets. You preach that the Law and Prophets were not written for us, but only for ancient Israel. Where did Jesus teach you this? Where did Paul teach you this? Of course, you cannot answer this question, because this teaching you are promoting, is "manmade", and is not the view of God's Law shared by Jesus or His Disciples.

Myst, I posted, and you ignored Paul's Inspired words, Scriptures from 1st. Peter. Here is the Jesus of the bible teaching both you and I.

Matt. 5: 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

But you are preaching to the world, "The Mosaic Law was not given to us, therefore we can neither accept it nor reject it".

Where is this shown to be the views of the Christ of the Bible? Or Paul, or Peter, or God? It isn't Myst. Your views are "Manmade", just as mine once were, and Paul's once were, and all men "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

Religious men, who come in Christ's Name, who call Jesus "Lord, Lord" taught you that "The Mosaic Law was not given to us, therefore we can neither accept it nor reject it".

This understanding is "Manmade". You don't have to believe the "many" who come in Christ's Name. You can believe in the Jesus of the Bible, like me and Paul and John did. Or, you can continue to promote and preserve your own deception. I am simply pointing it out, not by my words, but by the Word of God which became flesh.

Don't become angry with me for simply telling you undeniable Biblical truth.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But you are preaching to the world, "The Mosaic Law was not given to us, therefore we can neither accept it nor reject it".

Where is this shown to be the views of the Christ of the Bible?
"This is what you are to tell the house of Jacob and explain to the sons of Israel"
Ex 19:3

"These are the words that Moses spoke to all Israel in the wilderness east of the Jordan..."
Dt 1:1

"Hear now, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances I am teaching you to follow, so that you may live and may enter and take possession of the land"
Dt 4:1

"Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them:
Hear, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances that I declare in your hearing this day. Learn them and observe them carefully. 2The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb"

Dt 5:1

And dozens of other similar verses throughout the Mosaic Law. The addressee of the Mosaic Law was always Israel, only.

"Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law...
So the law was our guardian until Christ came...
Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian."

Gal 3:23-25

I declare to every man who lets himself be circumcised that he is obligated to obey the whole law.
Gal 5:3
- only those who are circumcised are obligated to obey the whole law

"But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way
of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code."

Rom 7:6

"So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another"
Rom 7:4

7Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory...,
And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

2 Cor 3:7,11 (NIV)

Then some of the believers who belonged to the party of the Pharisees stood up and said, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to keep the law of Moses...
...The apostles and elders met to consider this question...

[The conclusion was:]
It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.
...The people read it and were glad for its encouraging message.

Acts 15

Christians are not given the Mosaic Law to keep. Not even Jews are, anymore.

I am not angry, I am fed up with this kind of nonsense and sectarian pride ("all your views are man made, but mine are from God"). Come down among us, common mortals, from your pedestal, and do not pretend you are something better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rose_bud
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stop babbling nonsense. The vast majority of churches are quite liberal and letting you believe whatever you want, as long you are not preaching it from their pulpit. I have always had many views not common in the churches I attended (as also other people had theirs) and we were all fine with it.

Again, this is also true. In this world's religion, you are free to believe as you wish. God even speaks to this.

Is. 30: 8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: 9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: 10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Jer. 23: 16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.

This world's religious businesses and sects cannot survive without contributing members. As they compete for buts to fill the seats of their manmade shrines of worship, they must promote a religious philosophy that is appealing. The Truth of God isn't always appealing, so it is rejected. This is why Jesus specifically warned about the "many" who come in HIS name, because HE saw the religions you are describing coming, and wanted me to take Heed of them.

Yeah, except of years of discussing them here, again and again.

What religious sect? Do you mean basically all Christianity? You are the sect, actually. You even have the sect mentality ("all others are worldly and man made, but I, I am the real one").

You are just repeating the words of this World's mainstream religions since the Pharisees who were also stung by the Words of the Jesus "of the bible". Repeated by those "many" offended by Him over and over for thousands of years.

John 7: 46 The officers answered, Never man spake like this man. 47 Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived? 48 Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?

Truly there is no new thing under the sun.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,374.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, this is also true. In this world's religion, you are free to believe as you wish. God even speaks to this.

Is. 30: 8 Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: 9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: 10 Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits:

Jer. 23: 16 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Hearken not unto the words of the prophets that prophesy unto you: they make you vain: they speak a vision of their own heart, and not out of the mouth of the LORD. 17 They say still unto them that despise me, The LORD hath said, Ye shall have peace; and they say unto every one that walketh after the imagination of his own heart, No evil shall come upon you.

This world's religious businesses and sects cannot survive without contributing members. As they compete for buts to fill the seats of their manmade shrines of worship, they must promote a religious philosophy that is appealing. The Truth of God isn't always appealing, so it is rejected. This is why Jesus specifically warned about the "many" who come in HIS name, because HE saw the religions you are describing coming, and wanted me to take Heed of them.

You are just repeating the words of this World's mainstream religions since the Pharisees who were also stung by the Words of the Jesus "of the bible". Repeated by those "many" offended by Him over and over for thousands of years.

John 7: 46 The officers answered, Never man spake like this man. 47 Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceived? 48 Have any of the rulers or of the Pharisees believed on him?

Truly there is no new thing under the sun.
There is no point in continuing this conversation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey there Studyman, I hope your day goes well.

Though you speak truth these verses in Isaiah that you quoted are speaking in general in respect to everyday life and fasting not the Sabbath exclusively.
Verse 2 sets the context in that it says they seek me daily and delight to know my ways. So God is not just speaking of the Sabbath exclusively he is speaking of daily life and fasting in general.

1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

3 Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not? wherefore have we afflicted our soul, and thou takest no knowledge? Behold, in the day of your fast ye find pleasure, and exact all your labours. 4 Behold, ye fast for strife and debate, and to smite with the fist of wickedness: ye shall not fast as ye do this day, to make your voice to be heard on high.

Here is the part I hope you might consider.

"Is it such a fast "that I have chosen"? a day for a man to afflict his soul? is it to bow down his head as a bulrush, and to spread sackcloth and ashes under him? wilt thou call this a fast, and an acceptable day to the LORD?

God has not chosen that men "Fast" 7 days a week. We are in the world, we can't hide in a box and not be in the world 7 days a week. But in the Fast He has chosen, we can, as HE instructs, "If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy "day"; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:

Is this Sabbath not the "Fast" God has chosen, created "For men" from the creation of the world??

Or am I allowed to create my own Fast, in my own way, on my own Day or every day?

Once again you speak truth and it is very applicable to this text. Our lives are our biggest witness. People have to be able to see Christ in and through us in order for us to share Christ.

But my friend, what does Jesus actually teach about this.

Matt. 10: 11 And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 12 And when ye come into an house, salute it. 13 And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

These men never even saw the Disciples, or the Christ that was in them. Were they not already Seeking the Kingdom of God, before Jesus even sent them a disciple? Who has convinced you that God needs your help to bring someone to Him? It is written "SEEK" and Ye shall find. Will God send a catholic or Baptist, or JW to a man seeking the Kingdom of God and "HIS" Righteousness? Or will HE send the Prophets, the Words of Christ and the Disciples "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Those men in Matt. 7, they were convinced Christ was in them, Yes? They were bringing men to Christ and doing all manner of things in Christ's Name.

Would their time not have been better spent to loose the bands of wickedness in themselves, to undo the heavy burdens in themselves, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke that bound them? To remove the beam from their own eyes?

We already have God's Teachers, do we not? Shall we reject them in favor of ancient religious traditions of men?
Isaiah 56 is speaking of our life in general not just the Sabbath. If we are not living in and through God doing His bidding the other days what will be different on the Sabbath? This fast that is spoken of by God in Isaiah is who we are suppose to be all the time. Not just on Day Seventh.

In like manner, if we can't even Honor God in the WAY HE instructs, on the One Day Esteemed by the God of the whole World as different and Sanctified above the other days of the week, then how can we accept His Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;?

The Truth is, not Every Day is God's Sabbath. This world's religions teach that it is. "Many" who come in Christ's Name teach that it is. But the Scriptures don't.

Consider why God gave His Sabbath in the first place, at least according to Him.

Ex. 16: 4 Then said the LORD unto Moses, Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a certain rate every day, that I may prove them, whether they will walk in my law, or no. 5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

Shall we not acknowledge and accept these Words that were written for our admonition?

The post you responded to did not say, "the purpose of the Sabbath is to Worship in song, prayer, praise." It said, "How is it one keeps the day holy? Worshipping in song, prayer, praise and doing our LORD'S bidding is keeping the day holy. This we should do. And in doing we chance not defiling it by the unholiness of a self serving nature.

I don't believe going into my closet, and praying to God for guidance and direction is "the unholiness of a self-serving nature". I can see how such behavior would be detrimental to the religious businesses of this world, because if everyone followed the Christ's advice regarding how to pray to God, there would be no use for manmade shrines of worship, where God doesn't dwell anyway. And without the manmade shrine of worship, there is no religious business.

By "Self-serving" do you mean, not serving the interests of the religious sect or business that has created the shrine of worship to sing praises to God in? Since God instructs men to pray to HIM in Private, and can hear me from the privacy of my own closet, then whose ears are meant to hear the bells, and the singing and the praises in the Synagogues? They are not meant for the ears of God my friend, but to impress other men. This truth was difficult for me in the beginning, because I was hiding myself from my own flesh.

You think about this for a minute and try to distinguish the difference between how Jesus taught us to worship God, and how this world's religions and their traditions teach us how to worship God. I have read your posts you are a smart guy. I know you understand what I am saying.

Though we are to keep everyday Holy and our lives through Christ are to Exemplify worship and holiness. The Sabbath we are called specifically to rest from our OWN work not the Lords on the Seventh Day. For in the Lord's (work) is rest and holiness."

Who gets to determine what the "Lord's Work" is? I know what Jesus says. I know, and have posted how Jesus said to Pray, to worship. I know what Paul teaches. "To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life". Is this not "The Lord's Work"?

Ecc. 12: 12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. 13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

How is this not the "Lord's Work" given to every man? Listen to Him my friend!!!

13 If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: 14 "Then" shalt thou delight thyself in the LORD; and I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth, and feed thee with the heritage of Jacob thy father: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Is this not the Christ, the Rock of Israel that God sent? And what is the Will of God His Father?

John 6: 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him "whom he hath sent".

And what is His bidding, the Lord's work? All the things mentioned in Isaiah and more. Should we go to Synagogue, church? Yes, as was Jesus' custom.

No, not according to Scriptures. Jesus did go to the manmade shrines of worship to expose the children of the devil who resided and promoted their own religion there. He tipped over their tables and chairs and whipped the occupants in anger for having turned the Word of God into a business.

But the sermon on the mount, was not from a pulpit in a manmade shrine of worship, as is the tradition we were born into. John the Baptist didn't preach repentance from a pulpit in manmade shrine of worship, according to the traditions of this world's religious sects and businesses which exist in the world God placed both you and I in. The Loaves and Fishes were not served in a Temple made of wood and stone by the hands of men.

So my friend, it was not Jesus' Custom to go praise God or Pray to God in manmade shrines of worship. It wasn't, as I know you can see if you would just consider. Even the first Pentecost observed by the New Church of God under His New Priest, was not in the Temple, but in a house where they all had gathered in Jerusalem.

Do we have to? No but there is a strong argument most should because they will end up doing their own ways because they are NOT living the fast of the Lord the other 6 days of the week.

But as has been confirmed, the God "of the bible" did not instruct a Sabbath Fast the other 6 days a week. That is a manmade doctrine.

As was said from the start the Lord's bidding is doing the things of the Lord. This is true worship. Our knees constantly bent at the Lord's feet to do His service praying without ceasing. Matt 6:5 is speaking in general. If our worship even in a Holy Convocation on Sabbath isn't personal in respect to it being in humility from you to God then it is nothing as Jesus says here in Matthew. But we are called to Gatherer on the Sabbath. But some are called to stay in their tents. But as for me and my house we will follow the Lord Jesus and His custom on the Sabbath was go to synague to be a witness through His Rest. But as you know church is not what Sabbath is all about.

Yes my friend, but it was not the Cutom of Jesus to go to a random manmade shrine of worship to pray to and/or praise God. He even told us, "Don't be like unto them". But what would it mean if HE was speaking the truth? And why do men work so hard to promote and preserve a religious tradition of man? Jesus tells us why in John 3, if a man can accept His Words.

Don't misunderstand I like your post here BTW. This lesson is lost on many and needed said more succinctly. May the Lord our God continue to use us and strengthen us in all His Way, Jesus Christ.

I like some of your posts too, and I know you struggle between accepted religious traditions of this world we are surrounded with, and what is actually written and taught in Scriptures, as I have, and Paul has, and Peter has, and Abraham has.

And it is my hope as well, that we choose God and "His Way" as HE instructs. And to remember that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

This is the "Work of the Lord" we are tasked with, as the Jesus "of the bible" teaches all men. "Be Ye therefore Perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟338,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"This is what you are to tell the house of Jacob and explain to the sons of Israel"
Ex 19:3

"These are the words that Moses spoke to all Israel in the wilderness east of the Jordan..."
Dt 1:1

"Hear now, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances I am teaching you to follow, so that you may live and may enter and take possession of the land"
Dt 4:1

"Then Moses summoned all Israel and said to them:
Hear, O Israel, the statutes and ordinances that I declare in your hearing this day. Learn them and observe them carefully. 2The LORD our God made a covenant with us at Horeb"

Dt 5:1

And dozens of other similar verses throughout the Mosaic Law. The addressee of the Mosaic Law was always Israel, only.

This is simply not true, according to Scriptures. You can make it seem true, by omitting the Words of God which you cannot use to justify your adopted religion. Such a practice though, is dishonest and deceptive and the men who engage in such practice do so to hide God's Truth from themselves and others.

Here, let me show you God's Truth according to the Holy Scriptures that Paul said were trustworthy "for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works."

Ex. 12: 48 And when a stranger (Non-Jew) shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof.

49 One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

And the Prophets also promoted this Truth of God.

Is. 56: 6 Also the sons of the stranger, (Non-Jew) that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 7 "Even them" will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.

So with just two scriptures, there are many more, I am able to discern your adopted and stated religious philosophy, "The addressee of the Mosaic Law "was always Israel", only, as another false teaching. Thank God for the Scriptures to help His People not to be deceived by the "MANY" who come in His Name, teaching falsehoods about HIM.

When I ask Paul about your other Stated and promoted Religious Philosophy, ""The Mosaic Law was not given to us, therefore we can neither accept it nor reject it". Here is what he said;

1 Cor. 9: 9 For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10 Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? ""For our sakes, no doubt, this is written:" that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

And again;

1 Cor. 10: 6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.

7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.

8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.

9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.

10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

And again;

11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: "and they are written for our admonition", upon whom the ends of the world are come. 12 Wherefore (Because of these undeniable Biblical Truths) let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

So once again, the religions of this world you have adopted, are deceiving you into believe falsehoods about God and His Word. The Jesus of the Bible warned us of this very thing. If I see a brother who has fallen into a pit of deception, and I don't try to help him, I am guilty.

I have done all that I can do, to persuade you to Trust in the Holy Scriptures for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

But, as the Jesus "of the Bible" tells me.

Luke 16: 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟454,215.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Jesus "of the Bible" warns me of this. These are His Words, not mine.

Matt. 24: 4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. 5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I (Jesus) am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Here, the Jesus of the Bible is warning me to be extra careful of "Many" men, that they don't deceive me. Jesus doesn't tell me to take heed of men of Islam, or of Buddhism, or who are Atheists here. He has singled out a specific religion made up of "Many" men, who come in HIS Name, teaching that HE is the Lord. It's right there in your own Bible.

Now you use the phrase "Mosiac Law". Did you learn this phrase from the Jesus of the bible? Did Jesus ever once, as the Rock of Israel, or after HE became a man in the person of Jesus, every use this term to describe His Father's commandments? No. This is a "manmade" term that you use. That is simply an undeniable fact.

Jesus calls it the Law and Prophets. You preach that the Law and Prophets were not written for us, but only for ancient Israel. Where did Jesus teach you this? Where did Paul teach you this? Of course, you cannot answer this question, because this teaching you are promoting, is "manmade", and is not the view of God's Law shared by Jesus or His Disciples.

Myst, I posted, and you ignored Paul's Inspired words, Scriptures from 1st. Peter. Here is the Jesus of the bible teaching both you and I.

Matt. 5: 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Where is this shown to be the views of the Christ of the Bible? Or Paul, or Peter, or God? It isn't Myst. Your views are "Manmade", just as mine once were, and Paul's once were, and all men "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

Religious men, who come in Christ's Name, who call Jesus "Lord, Lord" taught you that "The Mosaic Law was not given to us, therefore we can neither accept it nor reject it".

This understanding is "Manmade". You don't have to believe the "many" who come in Christ's Name. You can believe in the Jesus of the Bible, like me and Paul and John did. Or, you can continue to promote and preserve your own deception. I am simply pointing it out, not by my words, but by the Word of God which became flesh.

And we are also given what will be in the kingdom...
Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟674,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And we are also given what will be in the kingdom...
Isaiah 66:22-23
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Is 65

New Heavens and a New Earth​

17 “See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. (See Is 66:24 where after Sabbath we will go out and walk among the dead bodies) 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. 19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more. 20 “Never again will there be in it infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed. 21 They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They will not labor in vain, nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them. 24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together and the lion will eat straw like the ox and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

When verse 23 is put together the remainder of what Is wrote about the New Earth it certainly does not make verse 23 a proof text like the SDAs like to refer.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟101,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
24 “And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind.”

Is 65

New Heavens and a New Earth​

17 “See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. (See Is 66:24 where after Sabbath we will go out and walk among the dead bodies) 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I will create, for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight and its people a joy. 19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem and take delight in my people; the sound of weeping and of crying will be heard in it no more. 20 “Never again will there be in it infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not live out his years; the one who dies at a hundred will be thought a mere child; the one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed. 21 They will build houses and dwell in them; they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22 No longer will they build houses and others live in them, or plant and others eat. For as the days of a tree, so will be the days of my people; my chosen ones will long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They will not labor in vain, nor will they bear children doomed to misfortune; for they will be a people blessed by the Lord, they and their descendants with them. 24 Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together and the lion will eat straw like the ox and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain,”
says the Lord.

When verse 23 is put together the remainder of what Is wrote about the New Earth it certainly does not make verse 23 a proof text like the SDAs like to refer.
2Peter 4: 10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Yes, we have to put all scripture together to understand the Bible.

Upvote 0