Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had another thought today based upon some problems that I felt would be encountered in a Nuclear Disaster. If you watched the video you would see it talks about offering healing to those harmed or sick from the strike. But thinking about it not everyone would be open to healing, as Jesus said:

Mark 6:5-6 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. And He marvelled because of their unbelief.

This would be a real problem because you could run around for hours after a disaster trying to pray or preach to people and never encounter even one person who was open to it. The verse that I thought of today was the story of Philip the Evangelist, who after preaching to the eunuch was caught away by the spirit of God.

Act 8:39-40 Now when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught Philip away, so that the eunuch saw him no more; and he went on his way rejoicing. But Philip was found at Azotus. And passing through, he preached in all the cities till he came to Caesarea.

Ideally, in such a disaster God could “place” you in the position that was most effective. Even move you from location to location, based upon the need. I know this seems superhuman, or even beyond what God would do. But we have to think in terms of need, the greater the need the greater the grace needed to conquer it. I will be praying for this gift, the ability to be placed in front of the needy, and the power to see the need in front of me met.

Upvote 0

perpendicular_bisector

Dec 2, 2004
✟6,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I watched a YouTube video from a person who received a vision of Nuclear War, they said after the blast they saw outbreaks of revival in pockets, people who were "I guess", leading others to the LORD, or people turning to the LORD on their own accord.
Russia is a 'Christian' Nation. The USA is seen as a 'Christian' nation. If they go to nuclear war why would it turn people towards 'revival' Christianity? When Christian nations went to war in 1914 it lead directly to the collapse of Christianity in Europe.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Russia is a 'Christian' Nation. The USA is seen as a 'Christian' nation. If they go to nuclear war why would it turn people towards 'revival' Christianity? When Christian nations went to war in 1914 it lead directly to the collapse of Christianity in Europe.
It is about desperation, not philosophy. A person who has just lost their earthly comfort, will either turn to God, or away from Him. It is one of God's ways of getting people's attention:

Amo 4:9 "I blasted you with blight and mildew. When your gardens increased, Your vineyards, Your fig trees, And your olive trees, The locust devoured them; Yet you have not returned to Me," Says the LORD.

Hag 2:17 I struck you with blight and mildew and hail in all the labors of your hands; yet you did not turn to Me,' says the LORD.

Upvote 0
Nov 24, 2011
✟45,537.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
As I keep posting in various places I believe Nuclear War is a possibility. I have been prayerfully asking God what to do if it occurs. So made a video where I talk about the Christain and Nuclear conflict, and what should we do. It does not talk about prepping but rather how to Spiritually prepare.

There is not my to do really but pray. I am not influential enough to prevent such an attack.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟311,608.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the meantime be suspicious of any leader with a build your own limited suitcase kit edition. Local damage may be great but the aftereffects would be no worse than what the boomer generation was exposed to for a few decades in their youth with above ground testing in North America being done by the 'good guys'. It was even in their milk.

Upvote 0