USA
✟311,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It is that no one takes God and His will into account. They live as if He does not exist.
It is the most reasonable position I could take.
War must have meaning. What is the point in a war in which Ukraine, Russia and Europe have already lost and the United States will soon lose too?
Wars must have "meaning"? Never heard that one before.
It seems to me that I have substantiated that the more people die, the greater the loss.
That's how cumulative loss works.
For Ukrainians right away, for Russians a little later, for Europeans even later, and for Americans even later. But everyone will lose!

More precisely, all the named parties have already lost, but they will see the consequences at different times.
War is rarely something that can be won. Avoiding the worse outcome is usually the best goal.
This is a response to several posts I've read.
1. I object that linguistic differences or similarities between languages can be a cause of military conflicts. If so, then everyone in the EU would already be at war with each other. But if there is mutual respect, then language differences do not lead to military or other conflicts. It is a myth that Ukrainians are such nationalists that they are ready to fight over their language. The reasons are other.
I agree with you. The linguistic claims are not realistic and Putin's claims of such are not plausible or believable.
2. I do not agree that if Russia had a smart and kind Christian and democratic government, then it would be a good solution to annex Ukraine to Russia. This is the same as the US starting to annex Canada. What is this for? Or Germany - Austria. What is this for? Russia and Ukraine were in the same state until 1991. Then they divided the property without war. Now there is such an intensity of passions that without war it will be difficult to divide anything.
In these kinds of cases, if the smaller state *wanted* some sort of union that would be one thing. Without it, forcing it to occur is not justified.

• Agree
Reactions: ValeriyK2022
Upvote 0