Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does exactly what the Bible says it does.

Gives new birth (John 3:3-5, Titus 3:5)
Makes disciples (Matthew 28:19)
Results in remission of sin (Acts 2:38)
Cleanses us (Ephesians 5:26)
Unites us to Jesus Christ's death, burial, and resurrection (Romans 6:3-4)
Clothes us with Jesus Himself (Galatians 3:27)
Saves us (1 Peter 3:21)

-CryptoLutheran
Rom 6:3 reads , Or are you IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED into Christ were BAPTIZED into His Death ?

Since WAYTER // YDOR is not in the Greek Text , How were you BAPTIZED into to Christ and then Placed into his CEATH ??

Here is another one in 1 Cor 10::2 and NO WATER // YDOR in the Greek text .

They were BAPTIIZED unto Moses , unto the Cloud , unto the SEA ? How did that happen ??

Or how were they BAPTIZED for the DEAD , in 1 Cor 15:29 ?/

dan p

Upvote 0

Xeno.of.athens

I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of heaven.
May 18, 2022
Perth
✟129,431.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So,...... according to scripture,.....there was no direct effect upon Jesus as He was water immersed,.... correct?
no.
We are not about to say He was born again when scripture doesn't say that,... right?
We do not say that.
My point here is this,... why are people giving a big laundry list of things that supposedly happens to them when one is water immersed, when in fact it had no direct effect upon Jesus in scripture at all?
That would be because Jesus, our Lord, was baptised with the baptism of saint John the Baptist rather than by Christian baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

May I ask, when you read scripture do you ignore context? It seems that your explanations imply that you do.

I think people need to take a look at this,... if they are actually being honest with themselves,..... and question why are things somehow different here.
People read the holy scriptures and see what is written. They see, for example, that baptism washes away sins. They also see that baptism saves us. They see that baptism is the washing of regeneration. They see that baptism is being buried with Jesus and rising again with him to new life.

Jesus is our perfect example in all facets of our Christian life and walk, but if nothing directly happened to Him when He was water immersed, then why are people making claims that it does for them?
We are not baptised by John the Baptist in John's baptism.

I came to know Jesus by repentance at the beginning of '92. I had a similar road to Damascus type of experience with Him like Paul did, but my water immersion was not until 6 months later, and it did none of the things that people make claim for in this thread,...... and why should it, I already knew Him, and more importantly,..... He knew me.
What you've written here is an account of what you believe rather than what holy scripture teaches.

Upvote 0