Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok...
Watching some of these trailers...

You need to warn people that they need some chips to make nachos from all the cheese in them.

The over the top costuming in "The war within" and I'm not going to try to touch the acting or the script for some of the others mentioned...

God's Not Dead... decent movie with a decent plot...but again a ton of cheesey lines in the movie. Kevin is the only guy who gets decent lines in the whole movie. (I think he wrote them himself)

Just saying...

I did not like the God’s Not Dead series. Well, I did like the court room scene of the defense of Christ in the second one, but that’s about it. Most of the films I list are more about the biblical message or the lessons within them. Despite these films not winning any oscars, and or maybe a little cheese, there are scenes in these movies that are really really awesome. Well, if you get excited in reading or studying the Bible, you will like them.

Most Christian movies are on a limited budget. I worked on independent film work a little, so I guess I am little more forgiving. Now, I did have to turn off a ton of other Christian movies before. For many Christian movies looked like they are filmed by a smart phone by a bunch of kids. So I have seen a lot bad productions and cringeworthy acting. I think if you were to see what is out there, this is probably the best it is going to get (Depending on what type of Christian film you are interested in).

Anyways, the trailers on my list do not do these films justice. I would at least rent the films on my list before throwing down the hammer for sure. Time Changer, and the Redemption of Henry Myers you cannot beat. I think you will be surprised if you overlook a few of the minor things you seen in the trailers. Then again, everyone's tastes in movies are different. I don't watch secular movies anymore with super actors, and million dollar budgets. I seek to place the Lord in everything I do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok...

You need to warn people that they need some chips to make nachos from all the cheese in them.

The over the top costuming in "The war within" and I'm not going to try to touch the acting or the script for some of the others mentioned...

God's Not Dead... decent movie with a decent plot...but again a ton of cheesey lines in the movie. Kevin is the only guy who gets decent lines in the whole movie. (I think he wrote them himself)

Just saying...

If you are looking for good acting, the best acting I have seen in a Christian film is the Redemption of Henry Myers. It's a Western, and I am not normally a fan of Westerns, but this one is really excellent.

If you are looking for a good production, Breakthrough has a bigger budget and big name actors.

My favorite is Time Changer.
My second favorite is Play the Flute (although I did not like the ending and some other minor things). Play the Flute is awesome because the main actor does an amazing job. He basically carries the film and the story. It is the best film in my opinion that gets you inspired to want to follow the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok...

Just saying...

Think of them as Christian stage plays that includes a sermon and you will like them. It could also be that it may take for a person to adjust to watching Christian movies, too. We cannot always expect big budgets and super actors when it comes to Christian films. There has to be a little forgiveness involved based on the limited budgets they are faced with.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think of them as Christian stage plays that includes a sermon and you will like them. It could also be that it may take for a person to adjust to watching Christian movies, too. We cannot always expect big budgets and super actors when it comes to Christian films. There has to be a little forgiveness involved based on the limited budgets they are faced with.

Well usually it's a musical...and I know the people on the stage and who is singing...and how hard some of them worked to make it happen.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well usually it's a musical...and I know the people on the stage and who is singing...and how hard some of them worked to make it happen.

If you have not seen it, then you will love the Prince of Egypt on my list (if you do not mind animated movies). It has singing in various scenes. I am actually not a fan of musicals and I did not seem to mind them singing in this movie. For me: This was the best Exodus movie (albeit not a masterpiece or anything).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I imagine it is a struggle to make a Christian movie. I talked with the director of Time Changer, Play the Flute, etc. (i.e. Rich Christiano), and he was referring to the difficult challenges he was faced with being on a limited budget. That... and...

Christ is preached.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
An interesting new channel popped up on my antenna tv, or rather a channel was changed on TBNs set of OTA channels not sure who is involved in the channel it appears mostly Christian movies but has some secular ones in with them that aren't bad either. The channel is called PosiTiv. I watched on movie that Jesus was found by a bunch of people who had to go somewhere for the night as the road was blocked off due to floods. He was a guy at a roadside restaurant. The dialogue was pretty good, not a typical Jesus movie.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I imagine it is a struggle to make a Christian movie. I talked with the director of Time Changer, Play the Flute, etc. (i.e. Rich Christiano), and he was referring to the difficult challenges he was faced with being on a limited budget. That... and...

Christ is preached.

The cheese in the dialogue is the part I have the most trouble with.

I do real relationship witnessing all the time. I talk to men all the time. If I were to use any of the lines from any of these movies I would get shut down in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure that modelling talking at people or preaching at them is such a good thing to model all the time.
When I do what I do...I ask questions and I listen. When they ask questions...that's when I make hay. I don't beat them over the head with scripture...they won't have a clue as to what I'm saying. But I explain them and give them the essence of them...and the more they ask (because the answers to their questions are too enticing and true) I then drag them with me to church to meet others just like me. (Usually to a class picnic in the park or something like that)

Now I usually have to call ahead and prepare a couple of people for my guest...these guys all have tattoos and are generally scary looking... rather rough guys. I'm laughing at my friend's because if they really knew how scared my guests really were they wouldn't be so timid.
And that's what real success looks like.
It starts as a result of an acquaintance that turns into a relationship that turns into them desiring more than what they have... and that thing they want can't be bought or stolen or conned.

One of the foulest mouthed and grumpiest guys I know pulled me out behind a conex one day and began crying like a little kid telling me that God had been working on him...
A couple of hours later he was back at yelling and cussing like normal...but I'd catch him looking at me and I'd just nod. (He had an image to protect)
Today his Facebook page is nothing but scriptures and what that means for people. That's what success looks like.

I haven't seen a movie yet cover anything like that. Those are real happy endings.

Hey, I like science fiction...but many of those scenes are more believable than some of the Christian films I've seen.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The cheese in the dialogue is the part I have the most trouble with.

I do real relationship witnessing all the time. I talk to men all the time. If I were to use any of the lines from any of these movies I would get shut down in a heartbeat.

I'm not sure that modelling talking at people or preaching at them is such a good thing to model all the time.
When I do what I do...I ask questions and I listen. When they ask questions...that's when I make hay. I don't beat them over the head with scripture...they won't have a clue as to what I'm saying. But I explain them and give them the essence of them...and the more they ask (because the answers to their questions are too enticing and true) I then drag them with me to church to meet others just like me. (Usually to a class picnic in the park or something like that)

Now I usually have to call ahead and prepare a couple of people for my guest...these guys all have tattoos and are generally scary looking... rather rough guys. I'm laughing at my friend's because if they really knew how scared my guests really were they wouldn't be so timid.
And that's what real success looks like.
It starts as a result of an acquaintance that turns into a relationship that turns into them desiring more than what they have... and that thing they want can't be bought or stolen or conned.

One of the foulest mouthed and grumpiest guys I know pulled me out behind a conex one day and began crying like a little kid telling me that God had been working on him...
A couple of hours later he was back at yelling and cussing like normal...but I'd catch him looking at me and I'd just nod. (He had an image to protect)
Today his Facebook page is nothing but scriptures and what that means for people. That's what success looks like.

I haven't seen a movie yet cover anything like that. Those are real happy endings.

Hey, I like science fiction...but many of those scenes are more believable than some of the Christian films I've seen.

Well, I have known myself and others who have said some pretty cheesy things over the years. So maybe you have not hung out with the right people who speak in a cheesy way.

Besides, movies are not always about the real life we live in anyways. Not all movies can capture our real world experiences. That is raising the standard or the bar too high. You are expecting too much out of Christian films. Again, I think if you knew the hardships that Christian filmmakers have made, and the importance of the message that they bring, you would not be so picky. For me, I am not looking to be dazzled, or awed by super acting or super great lines that remind me of real life. Movies are generally about an escape away from real life. The purpose of a Christian film for me is the message. Sure, the acting should not be cringeworthy. Sure, the production should be professional looking (even if it is on a limited budget), but I am not looking to be entertained alone. I am not looking for super amazing lines. I am not looking for Oscar performances. I am looking for a message involving God's Word in a somewhat believable setting or world. For me, I want to live for Christ. If I watch a movie... it better be a Christian movie. For what can this Christless world offer me? Nothing. For Christ is the most important thing in my life. If it is a movie that can inspire me to follow Christ, then I can pass that movie along to another person and inspire them, then I am loving my neighbor in the process. But if I watch a sinful secular movie that promotes me to love this world without Christ, I take two steps backward towards my old life that I have forsaken.

Side Note:

Oh, and I also believe people should change when they meet Jesus Christ. They should not still yell at people, and or look mean and scary. Jesus changes a person on the inside. Sure, they may be sorry initially, but if they are not heeding the call to follow the Lord in their life, they are merely going back to the world that they know and not loving the Lord like they should (See: John 14:15). They can post a bunch of Scripture verses on their facebook page until they are blue in the face, but unless they change in the way they behave and they follow Jesus, it doesn't mean anything. Just acknowledging Jesus as one's Savior is not enough. Even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19). Jesus said why do you call me Lord, Lord if you do not do what I say? (Luke 6:46).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I have known myself and others who have said some pretty cheesy things over the years. So maybe you have not hung out with the right people who speak in a cheesy way.

Besides, movies are not always about the real life we live in anyways. Not all movies can capture our real world experiences. That is raising the standard or the bar too high. You are expecting too much out of Christian films. Again, I think if you knew the hardships that Christian filmmakers have made, and the importance of the message that they bring, you would not be so picky. For me, I am not looking to be dazzled, or awed by super acting or super great lines that remind me of real life. Movies are generally about an escape away from real life. The purpose of a Christian film for me is the message. Sure, the acting should not be cringeworthy. Sure, the production should be professional looking (even if it is on a limited budget), but I am not looking to be entertained alone. I am not looking for super amazing lines. I am not looking for Oscar performances. I am looking for a message involving God's Word in a somewhat believable setting or world. For me, I want to live for Christ. If I watch a movie... it better be a Christian movie. For what can this Christless world offer me? Nothing. For Christ is the most important thing in my life. If it is a movie that can inspire me to follow Christ, then I can pass that movie along to another person and inspire them, then I am loving my neighbor in the process. But if I watch a sinful secular movie that promotes me to love this world without Christ, I take two steps backward towards my old life that I have forsaken.

Side Note:

Oh, and I also believe people should change when they meet Jesus Christ. They should not still yell at people, and or look mean and scary. Jesus changes a person on the inside. Sure, they may be sorry initially, but if they are not heeding the call to follow the Lord in their life, they are merely going back to the world that they know and not loving the Lord like they should (See: John 14:15). They can post a bunch of Scripture verses on their facebook page until they are blue in the face, but unless they change in the way they behave and they follow Jesus, it doesn't mean anything. Just acknowledging Jesus as one's Savior is not enough. Even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19). Jesus said why do you call me Lord, Lord if you do not do what I say? (Luke 6:46).
People don't change like flipping a switch.

The change is gradual and permanent.
It takes real time. Granted that's difficult to show in a movie...but others have done it.
That basketball movie with Gene Hackman did it (Hoosiers)...the drunk who was making a definite effort to dry out. That was one of the elements of the movie that made that movie great. Everyone was rooting for him to clean up because he had something of value to give to the team.

Movies are an art form that should inspire us...entertain us and educate us. The Narnia movies do this...great themes. No problems whatsoever.
Unforgettable was on its way to being a great movie...but the ending was trash...it left you feeling empty. Otherwise it actually was a decent movie. Decent actors and script lines. Not a bit of cheese.
I know the owner of that one personally. Sat next to him in SS class.
It wasn't budget limited... just had a bad ending. He fought tooth and nail the whole way to get it distributed. In the end I'm not sure if he broke even or not. I'm guessing not. We laugh at him all the time about getting a job. I think he actually has one now though. I haven't kept up since he moved.

Why can't we have more like that? (Hopefully with better endings)

Real life is messy and complicated.
And if Christian movies want to compare on equal footing with secular movies to reach a lost world...we just need to try harder. Art and life try to imitate each other...I'm not opposed to art trying to push for better morality or relationship with God.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People don't change like flipping a switch.

The change is gradual and permanent.
It takes real time. Granted that's difficult to show in a movie...but others have done it.
That basketball movie with Gene Hackman did it (Hoosiers)...the drunk who was making a definite effort to dry out. That was one of the elements of the movie that made that movie great. Everyone was rooting for him to clean up because he had something of value to give to the team.

Sports can become like an idol in this country. A believer needs to make sure that sports do not take the focus of their life over serving and loving the Lord. Sadly, most get more excited at a sports game, then they do about the things of the Lord. This is why most worldly people do not have a problem with watching this film (despite the small Christian elements). But give them Time Changer, or another truly Christian film that promotes being saved by Jesus Christ, and they will take offense and mock it.

You said:
Movies are an art form that should inspire us...entertain us and educate us. The Narnia movies do this...great themes. No problems whatsoever.

I have explicitly stated in the beginning of the thread OP not to discuss movies that promote witchcraft (magic) within them. Please discuss this issue in this thread here:

Why are most Christians so accepting of magic

I will not reply to you on this movie here.

Unforgettable was on its way to being a great movie...but the ending was trash...it left you feeling empty. Otherwise it actually was a decent movie. Decent actors and script lines. Not a bit of cheese.
I know the owner of that one personally. Sat next to him in SS class.
It wasn't budget limited... just had a bad ending. He fought tooth and nail the whole way to get it distributed. In the end I'm not sure if he broke even or not. I'm guessing not. We laugh at him all the time about getting a job. I think he actually has one now though. I haven't kept up since he moved.

Why can't we have more like that? (Hopefully with better endings)

Are you talking about this movie?
Unforgettable (2017) | Dove Family Friendly Movie Reviews

If so, that is not a Christian movie. It is an NC-17 rated movie that promotes sexual immorality that the Bible condemns. If this is indeed the movie, please do not discuss this movie in this thread here. I will not reply to you on this movie.

And if Christian movies want to compare on equal footing with secular movies to reach a lost world...we just need to try harder.

You are actually mocking Christian movies?
I would say you need to get more into your Bible more and draw closer to Him if that is the case. Light is attracted to light.
Anyways, the thread topic is discussing one's favorite Christian films that seek to inspire a person to follow God, Christ, and or the Bible, and not movies that are secular or worldly. It doesn't seem like you truly seen any real Christian films that you have enjoyed. If so, you are not qualified to post here, until you do. For we are on a Christian forum after all.

You said:
Art and life try to imitate each other...I'm not opposed to art trying to push for better morality or relationship with God.

This sounds kind of secondary to you. EVERY movie should promote better morality and a relationship with God. We are followers of Jesus Christ. We are told to follow in His steps. If you disagree, start another thread. This thread is for the discussion of truly Christ centered films that uplift a believer to want to follow God or Christ. Many of the movies you have mentioned here just entertain and leave you thinking like the world thinks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry....wrong movie
This one:

Unconditional (film) - Wikipedia

Yeah, I seen this with my wife. It was very slow and kind of boring for me. I kept waiting for it to get better. It also did not leave me wanting to search the Scriptures and or inspire to follow God personally. But if the film left you wanting to seek the Lord, then everyone has their own tastes on what inspires them. I would recommend Time Changer for you to check out. Really a great Christian movie.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sports can become like an idol in this country. A believer needs to make sure that sports do not take the focus of their life over serving and loving the Lord. Sadly, most get more excited at a sports game, then they do about the things of the Lord. This is why most worldly people do not have a problem with watching this film (despite the small Christian elements). But give them Time Changer, or another truly Christian film that promotes being saved by Jesus Christ, and they will take offense and mock it.

I have explicitly stated in the beginning of the thread OP not to discuss movies that promote witchcraft (magic) within them. Please discuss this issue in this thread here:

Why are most Christians so accepting of magic

I will not reply to you on this movie here.

Are you talking about this movie?
Unforgettable (2017) | Dove Family Friendly Movie Reviews

If so, that is not a Christian movie. It is an NC-17 rated movie that promotes sexual immorality that the Bible condemns. If this is indeed the movie, please do not discuss this movie in this thread here. I will not reply to you on this movie.

You are actually mocking Christian movies?
I would say you need to get more into your Bible more and draw closer to Him if that is the case. Light is attracted to light.
Anyways, the thread topic is discussing one's favorite Christian films that seek to inspire a person to follow God, Christ, and or the Bible, and not movies that are secular or worldly. It doesn't seem like you truly seen any real Christian films that you have enjoyed. If so, you are not qualified to post here, until you do. For we are on a Christian forum after all.

This sounds kind of secondary to you. EVERY movie should promote better morality and a relationship with God. We are followers of Jesus Christ. We are told to follow in His steps. If you disagree, start another thread. This thread is for the discussion of truly Christ centered films that uplift a believer to want to follow God or Christ. Many of the movies you have mentioned here just entertain and leave you thinking like the world thinks.

WOW...
Are you intent on making every thing I say as being in league with Satan or something?
I'm a Christ follower...not a heathen.

What's got you so angry today wanting to blast everyone and everything?

I'm just trying to talk with you...not at you.

Art work that appeals to the masses is what the ultimate goal is that is Christ centered...

It's fantasy to think that we can control the entire movie world...but having a positive influence? We can do that. Christian music has crossed the line into mainstream. By sheer talent and quality of providing what people really want.

Hobby Lobby and Chik filet have absolutely flourished for taking a Christian stand...

Christian movies have not done as well. The quality just isn't there.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
WOW...
Are you intent on making every thing I say as being in league with Satan or something?
I'm a Christ follower...not a heathen.

What's got you so angry today wanting to blast everyone and everything?

I'm just trying to talk with you...not at you.

Art work that appeals to the masses is what the ultimate goal is that is Christ centered...

It's fantasy to think that we can control the entire movie world...but having a positive influence? We can do that. Christian music has crossed the line into mainstream. By sheer talent and quality of providing what people really want.

Hobby Lobby and Chik filet have absolutely flourished for taking a Christian stand...

Christian movies have not done as well. The quality just isn't there.

Again, this thread is not about me or your impressions about what you think I am saying, and neither is about how you dislike the quality in most Christian films (Which is to show a disfavor towards Christian movies in general). This thread is about discussing your favorite most rewatchable Christian films and us discussing them. Note: You can show disapproval over specific Christian films, but not all Christian movies in general (being of poor quality). Can you honestly say that the Christian movies you shared so far are your top most rewatchable Christian movies? I sure hope so. We should be wanting to rewatch those films that help inspire us to follow the Lord. A good Christian movie should make us want to talk about the Lord and how it inspires us to follow Him. How do the following movies you mentioned do that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft)
I can't speak to the Narnia films but LOTR does no such thing. Anyone who believes otherwise is wrong.

In any case, I usually don't get into Christian-oriented movies. But some good ones do stand out.

01- The Passion Of The Christ
02- The Prince Of Egypt (although it's a bit more arguable of this actually counts as Christian)
03- The Ten Commandments (ditto)

Otherwise, pickings are pretty slim.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,203,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can't speak to the Narnia films but LOTR does no such thing. Anyone who believes otherwise is wrong.

In any case, I usually don't get into Christian-oriented movies. But some good ones do stand out.

01- The Passion Of The Christ
02- The Prince Of Egypt (although it's a bit more arguable of this actually counts as Christian)
03- The Ten Commandments (ditto)

Otherwise, pickings are pretty slim.

Besides Prince of Egypt, did you see any of the Christian movies on my list?

I would highly recommend Time Changer, the Redemption of Henry Myers, Treasure Lies, and Breakthrough.

Time Changer is one of my top favorites. Funny, and yet very Christ centered and makes you think. Redemption of Henry Myers had the best acting I have ever seen in a Christian film before. Treasure Lies is funny, and has a great biblical message. Breakthrough is a more high budget Christian movie based on a true story of a miracle by God. Very well done.

You can check out the trailers here:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Besides Prince of Egypt, did you see any of the Christian movies on my list?
The ones from your list that I remember seemed a bit too evangelical for my tastes. Plus, a lot of them seemed to lack something. Some element of the production always came off as amazingly amateurish. Lots of cheese all around.

Between theology and production value, there are simply not very many Christian movies that I enjoy.

Upvote 0