Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please Read This Before Posting:

Please do not mention movies such as Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings (that promote the sin of witchcraft). Please do not mention any movie that is clearly not obviously Christian. For example: The film called Signs is not a Christian movie even though some Christians may think so because it subtly mentions the faith. The film promotes fear and hopelessness. The film has also not been reported to lead many people to Christ for salvation or inspire many believers to follow the Lord Jesus. Also, please do not mention movies that do not specifically mention Christ, God, the Bible, or Christ's teachings. I am looking for clearly Christian movies only that leads people to want to follow Jesus, God, and His Word. Thank you for understanding; And may God bless you.

What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Well, if you are interested, here is my list below.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jok

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Most Rewatchable Christian Movies:
(Including movie artwork, trailers, and where to buy or rent):

#1. Time Changer:
398456.jpg

You can rent it at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Time Changer | Prime Video
This is my all time favorite Christian film.
(Note: Great movie and message, but I do not agree with the director’s view on Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films at the time of this writing).

#2. Polycarp:
full

Watch Polycarp | Prime Video

#3. The Redemption of Henry Myers:
full

You can rent it online at Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch The Redemption of Henry Myers | Prime Video
(Great Christian film; This does not mean I endorse the director or the actors).

#4. Play the Flute:
full

Available on Blu-ray and regular DVD.
Watch Play The Flute | Prime Video
(Note: One of the best Christian films to get you excited about the Word of God. There is one scene where two characters appear to play act (lie) and this is not rebuked. But it is minor in comparison to the other great biblical messages put forth in this movie. I also do not agree with the director’s belief in Calvinism - which is not promoted in any of his films as of the dating of this writing).

#5. What if:
71Br5rRCICL._SY445_.jpg

You can rent it through Itunes:
‎What If... on iTunes
(Great Christian movie with yet another good biblical message; Unfortunately, I am strongly opposed to the director because of his Chosen series and his fellowship with Mormons; In fact, the Chosen series actually quotes out of the Book of Mormon (like Jesus saying, ”I am the Law”, and the director also calls Mormons his brothers and sisters. Note: This film was before he openly declared fellowship with Mormons and promoted such false theology. I have yet to find anything heretical promoted in this movie).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#6. The War Within:
full

Last time I checked, you can watch this for free if you have Amazon Prime:
Watch The War Within | Prime Video
(Great movie. Brett Varvel is one of the most talented actors in the Christian film industry. Brett has also directed a Christian film that was well produced called, “Treasure Lies.” This movie was in my collection at one point in time, but two scenes I found to be unChristian after watching several times. One scene alludes to 1 John 1:9 and caters to the popular Christian interpretation on this verse (Which I disagree with strongly; Note: See here, and here to see my view of sin and salvation in relation to 1 John 1:9). Also, the film promotes jokes about poop to get the viewer to laugh (Which I found to be inappropriate and unChristian). Anyways, the War Within does not have these problems.

#7. Heaven's War:
full

Note: Not a family friendly movie. There is a quick scene in the beginning that attempts to scare a person. Also, there is some action sci fi thriller moments. It also has some intense action with gunfire, and explosions going off. But the movie has some really great biblical messages (Despite these things). Best special effects for a Christian film.

#8. 77 Chances:
700311.jpg

You can rent this through Christian Cinema:
Watch 77 Chances at Christian Cinema
(Note: Great biblical lessons. Funny. Granted, I do not endorse the one reference made about Star Trek (Which is a worldly TV show, and film series).

#9. Champion:
Champion_01.jpg

You can rent this through Amazon Prime Video:
Amazon.com: Watch Champion | Prime Video
(Note: Great Christian film overall. But I do not endorse the subtle teaching placed at the end that a Christian can be rich).

#10. Breakthrough:
full

You can rent it through Amazon Prime:
https://www.amazon.com/Breakthrough-Roxann-Dawson/dp/B07QMG21JX/

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#11. Home Sweet Home:
full

Watch Home Sweet Home | Prime Video

#12. Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters:
full

You can rent on Amazon Video:

#13. Legacy Peak:
full

#14. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry:
full

Amazon.com: Watch The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry | Prime Video
(Note: This is a pretty good. Unfortunately the director is a Calvinist - although Calvinism is not promoted in any of his films as of yet to the date of this writing).

#15. Overcomer:
full

Watch Overcomer | Prime Video

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#16. The Climb:
full

Note: Trailer is kind of cheesy, but the movie is great.
You can rent this at:
Amazon.com: Watch The Climb | Prime Video
(Note: Good Christian movie. However, this film is created by the Billy Graham ministries. While Billy Graham is no longer alive. I do not endorse Billy Graham ministries because of their teaching on Belief Alone-ism and because they hold to Ecumenism).

#17. Princess Cut.
full

Watch Princess Cut | Prime Video

#18. Christian Mingle:
full

Watch Christian Mingle | Prime Video

#19. Finding Normal:
full

You can rent or buy at Christian Cinema

#20. The Case for Christ:
full

You can rent this through Amazon Video or Itunes or YouTube:
Amazon.com: Watch The Case for Christ | Prime Video
‎The Case for Christ on iTunes
The Case for Christ on YouTube

My List is Continued in Post #8

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#21. KJB: The Book That Changed the World:
full

Trailer:
Watch Kjb - The Book That Changed The World | Prime Video

#22. Exodus Revealed:
full

You can watch this documentary on YouTube here:

#23. Mountain of Fire:
full

You can watch this documentary here on YouTube:

(THE END of MY CHRISTIAN MOVIES LIST)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What Christian Movies Do You Find To Be The Most Rewatchable?

Here is my list:

1. Time Changer.
2. What if.
3. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.
4. The Redemption of Henry Myers.
5. 77 Chances.
6. Champion.
7. The Star.
8. The Prince of Egypt.
9. The Resurrection of Gavin Stone.
10. Finding Normal.
11. Ben-Hur (Remake).
12. Risen.
1) The Greatest Story Ever Told

2) The Ten Commandments (Chuck Heston)

3) Ben-Hur (with Chuck Heston)

Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I am a retired Methodist pastor. For 8 years, I showed well-attended monthly movies to a good crowd of visitors at my church after free dinners. So I've seen most movies on Christian themes. Here are my Top 5:

1. "The Mission" (Robert DeNiro, Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson)
I've seen this movie about 20 times. It is based on true facts about enslavement of Amazon Indians at the same time the Jesuits were trying to convert them--and were martyred for their efforts. This movie has the most gripping conversion story ever put on the big screen. The dilemma confronted by the Jesuits about their proper Christian priorities are unequaled in profundity in movie history.

"The Mission" was voted the Best Movie on a Spiritual Theme of all time by the British Film Academy. The musical score was surprisingly voted the 17th best of all time by the Hollywood Screen Actors Guild.

2. "The Inn of the Sixth Happiness" (Ingrid Bergman)
Many movie critics consider this Bergman's best ever performance in her role as Gladys Aylward, the most spiritually effective female Protestant missionary (to China) of all time. The movie chronicles her humiliating rejection as a missionary because she was dyslexic and unqualified, a rejection she stunningly overcomes with spectacular effect. Her heroic efforts to save Chinese orphans in the face of Japanese aggression in the 1930s are still studied by the U. S. military.

3. "Beyond the Next Mountain"
Despite its low budget and lack of A-list actors, this true story about the first missionary to the jungles of northern India blew all of us away. The missionary was sent home as a failure by his Indian missionary board and then hunted down in Canada by the young son of a jungle chief who felt abandoned by the missionary. Their surprise reunion that moved me more than any scene in movie history.

4. "the Little Minister" (Kathryn Hepburn and Billy Watson)
I'm confident that our viewers would rate their experience of this old movie (1934) their most memorable. Billy Watson was a very emotional small boy in this movie, the son of an alcoholic Dad, who was always getting into trouble. He played opposite Kathryn Hepburn, who was trying constantly trying to help and comfort him.

The real Billy Watson, now 87, was present in his wheelchair to comment on what it was like to act with Hepburn. He displayed personal letters from Hepburn, who viewed Billy as the son she never had. The huge crowd shouted for us to replay each scene in which Billy and Kathryn were together. Imagine a frail 87 year old actor in a wheelchair commenting on himself as a little boy actor in a movies that seemed like it was made yesterday! byw, both Kathryn and Billy have their own star of the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

5. "It's a Wonderful Life"
Almost everyone has seen this movie. I loved it, but do note that it only ranks as #5 on my list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Passion.

War Room.

Miracle.

My wife and I just seen War Room just recently. We really liked it a lot. Very emotional and a great message. Granted, it is not a movie I can re-watch personally any time; But I do really like this film a lot. Every one should have a prayer book or prayer wall or something. This is a great encouragment for Christian soldiers to stand up and fight with prayer.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
My wife and I just seen War Room just recently. We really liked it a lot. Very emotional and a great message. Granted, it is not a movie I can re-watch personally any time; But I do really like this film a lot. Every one should have a prayer book or prayer wall or something. This is a great encouragment for Christian soldiers to stand up and fight with prayer.

I agree.

Especially about the Prayer Closet, and "spiritual warfare" where the real enemy is addressed.

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Great thread, will have to find several of these movies and watch them.

Just watched Fireproof again last night, and War Room the other day, I like all of the Kendrick brothers movies.
Some others we like:
Passion of the Christ
Facing the Giants
Courageous

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Just watched Fireproof again last night, and War Room the other day, I like all of the Kendrick brothers movies.
Some others we like:
Passion of the Christ
Facing the Giants
Courageous

I will try to do a super short synopsis of each movie and why I liked it later on. I think you would like my list of Christian films. I am pretty picky when it comes to movies. The acting, the script, the production (like the film, the lighting, and the set quality), and the message for the Lord has to be correctly done - IMO.

You probably know this: But you can rent my list of Christian films through Amazon Prime with a little Fire TV box (hooked up to your TV) or you can watch it on Amazon Prime on your computer. Personally, I own the DVD's for these 12 movies (because I like the behind the scenes features and I like seeing what movies I own physically). I buy extra copies of Time Changer and What if on DVD for Christians at work to borrow or to have because they have great messages for believers. If a Christian is struggling with forgiveness, I would recommend the films Champion or the Redemption of Henry Myers to them.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Some others we like:
Passion of the Christ
Facing the Giants
Courageous

You may know this: But to rent Christian movies digitally, you need:

(a) TV with an HDMI port.

1364_HDMI_port_in_TV.png

(b) Tiny little Fire TV box.
Fire_TV_001.jpg

(c) Free Amazon account (with a credit card hooked into the account).
(d) Rent Christian movies for about 4-5 bucks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,200,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Short Christian Movie Reviews:

#1. Time Changer:

"Time Changer" is my all time favorite Christian film. It is about a man outside of time. In his journey into the future, he learns a valuable lesson as a Christian. This movie is well performed, funny, and most importantly Jesus focused. I highly recommend this movie for everyone who loves Jesus and the Bible.

#2. What if:

“What if” is my second favorite Christian film. God gives a man a second chance after he lives a self absorbed life focused on money. God places him in a real world of what it would be like if he followed the path of a preacher if he were to marry his old girlfriend who is Christian. This film has some funny moments, a little romance, and a call for each and everyone of us to always stay the course and or answer the call. A great Christian family film!

#3. The Redemption of Henry Myers.

The Redemption of Henry Myers is an amazing film. I am not even that big of a fan of Westerns and I loved this movie. The production value was excellent for this film. It was like watching any other big budget Western film - IMO. The key difference here is that this Western focused on Jesus and His Word. This film has some action but it is not a gruesome shoot em' up like other Westerns. The film is focused on forgiveness (With our Lord and His Word being the key to that forgiveness). This film has a little bit of romance and a few funny moments. The film also depicts the love shown within a family, as well. Great film. A must watch.

#4. Heaven’s War:

Heaven’s War is a great film depicting the spiritual war that goes on for men’s souls with Jesus Christ being the way of salvation. It is action packed. Has good special effects and a descent production value. It is has some great lines, especially from the angel character named Gabriel. If you value living for Christ and the war we are up against as Christians, you will like this film. It is not a perfect film, but it has a great message and it is very entertaining. However, if men depicted with black eyes or eyes that appear to be a black abyss freaks you out, then this film may not be for you. My wife put up her hand at these brief moments in the film, and she still liked the film. For me, it was not a big deal and I am the kind of Christian who will not see anything that glorifies evil or is overly dark or disturbing. There is only one scene in the movie that may scare you, and it is in the beginning of the film. If Lord of the Rings did not disturb you, then you should not have a problem with this movie. Granted, I don’t watch secular movies anymore, but I merely pointed it out as a means of comparison so as for you to see if this film is for you.

#5. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry:

This film takes you to another time when things were more innocent. Set in the 1970’s, the story focuses on three children and their meeting of an elderly Christian man who trains them in the ways of the Lord. His teachings on the Word of God are clever and smart. This film has some great performances and it is heart touching.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love Gods not dead,the first one is awesome,the second not so good
I also love Fireproof,Miracles from Heaven,and Heaven is for real.
I have a love/hate for The passion of the Christ. It is a great movie but I hate
how graphic it is and how easily it makes me cry.

Upvote 0