What are your thoughts on Trump: 2016 versus today? Poll

What are your thoughts on Trump: 2016 versus today?

• Total voters

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
number 4 is interesting -- could be even bigger.
1. Open boarders
2. transgen confusion -- resurrection Sunday replaced with LGBT day at White House
3. Redefined marriage
4. World-at-War

Interesting that Russia takes Crimea while Obama is in - and takes chunks of Ukraine while Biden is in.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,101,559.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Glad to see that most people chose the 7th option as I did.
I was horrified by his behavior in the 2016 election (stalking Hillary like an angry ape in the debate, for example.
I was astonished and even more horrified about his behavior in the 2020 election (living near Tulsa, we got Craigslist ads promising black people $20 and a T-shirt if they came to his Tulsa rally on Juneteenth--how disrespectful to African Americans. I was saddened by Herman Cain's death from COVID due to exposure in the rally--which thankfully was poorly attended...for example).
I am waiting for his conviction for his attempts to overturn the election and overthrow the duly elected president on January 6.
This year, I am even more horrified at his snarling caged-beast posts on Truth Social and his ridiculous claims that he is an innocent victim of government overreach. In truth, he is getting more consideration than most defendants (especially from rogue judge Aileen Cannon, overruled by her conservative 11th circuit over and over.)

So options 1-6 are out for me. Not because I "dislike" him, but because his behavior shows him to be unqualified for the office. I wouldn't hire someone with those character traits to mow my lawn...clean out my septic tank...sell me a car...or insurance. That would require trust and confidence that he has shown himself to be 100% unworthy of, time and time again.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Glad to see that most people chose the 7th option as I did.
I was horrified by his behavior in the 2016 election (stalking Hillary like an angry ape in the debate, for example.
I was astonished and even more horrified about his behavior in the 2020 election (living near Tulsa, we got Craigslist ads promising black people $20 and a T-shirt if they came to his Tulsa rally on Juneteenth--how disrespectful to African Americans. I was saddened by Herman Cain's death from COVID due to exposure in the rally--which thankfully was poorly attended...for example).
I am waiting for his conviction for his attempts to overturn the election and overthrow the duly elected president on January 6.
This year, I am even more horrified at his snarling caged-beast posts on Truth Social and his ridiculous claims that he is an innocent victim of government overreach. In truth, he is getting more consideration than most defendants (especially from rogue judge Aileen Cannon, overruled by her conservative 11th circuit over and over.)

So options 1-6 are out for me. Not because I "dislike" him, but because his behavior shows him to be unqualified for the office. I wouldn't hire someone with those character traits to mow my lawn...clean out my septic tank...sell me a car...or insurance. That would require trust and confidence that he has shown himself to be 100% unworthy of, time and time again.
I agree with you. I wasn't old enough to vote in 2016, but would have gone with Hillary (even though I have a lot of stuff to say about her, and her weird stuff). In 2020, I went with Biden, and in 2024, I will go with Biden again. I voted for Chris Christie in the primaries as a protest vote against Trump.

It is hard to list the major things Trump did that went against the Bible in a nice paragraph, so here is list in numbered format.

1. Controversial Immigrant Policies and Separation of Families at the Border (Matthew 25:31-46)

- In 2018, under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy, thousands of families were separated at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46 says, "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' ... 'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"
- Trump's immigration policies failed to live up to the Christian ideal of caring for the stranger and the least among us.

2. Morality Allegations (Proverbs 10:9)

- Multiple women accused Trump of sexual misconduct during his campaign and presidency.
- Proverbs 10:9 states, "Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but whoever takes crooked paths will be found out."
- Trump's actions contradicted the Christian ideal of living a moral life.

3. False Statements and Lying (Proverbs 12:22)

- Trump reportedly made over 30,000 false or misleading statements during his presidency.
- Proverbs 12:22 says, "The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in people who are trustworthy."
- Trump's false statements and dishonesty contradicted the Christian ideal of truthfulness.

4. Handling of the COVID-19 Pandemic (Matthew 25:40)

- Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic included downplaying its severity, delaying response efforts, and politicizing mask-wearing.
- Matthew 25:40 states, "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"
- Trump's actions during the pandemic failed to live up to the Christian ideal of caring for those in need.

5. Business Dealings and Ethical Concerns (Proverbs 11:4)

- Trump's businesses faced numerous ethical concerns, including potential conflicts of interest and questionable business practices.
- Proverbs 11:4 states, "Riches do not endure forever, and crowns slip away; but a righteous man will last forever, and his crown will never fade away."
- Trump's business dealings contradicted the Christian ideal of honesty and integrity.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟233,660.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have never seen Trump as a serious candidate for president, and he has already shown us that he's untrustworthy, inept, and unqualified for the job. His actions have shown that he does not care about the welfare of the nation, its citizens, or its military. Trump only cares about himself and what benefits him, period. It's horrifying to even imagine Trump serving another term as President of the United States.

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What are your thoughts on Trump: 2016 versus today?
Well he was the president for 4 yrs and all the 3 letter agencies including the NSA were at his disposal. And if there is any dirt on anyone he would know and have the evidence.

And from the begining he openly told everyone that he was going to drain the swamp , destroy the deep state etc.
Now the deep state swamp critters began to get a little nervous knowing that he was coming for them , so around about the time of the BLM riots when he said that he was going to use the military to put a stop to it , the swamp critters sent him a message , telling him that if he tries to take out Biden or stop BLM they would nuke NY city and many other cities around the world. That's when we saw a weak looking Trump , his hands were tied.

So draining the swamp took a different turn , instead of arresting people publicly and causing all sorts of chaos , the bad guys were arrested and replaced with actors in masks so as to not to alarm the rest of the deep state , and one by one not all but most of them have gone.

So my thoughts about Trump today ?..........No probs , get ready for a second term for Donald J Trump as president.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
number 4 is interesting -- could be even bigger.
1. Open boarders
2. transgen confusion -- resurrection Sunday replaced with LGBT day at White House
3. Redefined marriage
4. World-at-War

Interesting that Russia takes Crimea while Obama is in - and takes chunks of Ukraine while Biden is in.
for sure. I didn't have room 2 list all the blunders of this admin! The Poll formatting wouldn't let me put in a fraction of it all!

Yeh, when Trump was there, other countries knew they wouldn't get away with aggression on neighbors. The Afgahanistan debacle really told the world something about our new "leadership." They're all laughing in their sleeve, even when the pres visits or has one of them visit.. It looked like the king of Jordan was rolling his eyes that one time... or am I projecting? LOL

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
And from the begining he openly told everyone that he was going to drain the swamp , destroy the deep state etc.
Now the deep state swamp critters began to get a little nervous knowing that he was coming for them , so around about the time of the BLM riots when he said that he was going to use the military to put a stop to it , the swamp critters sent him a message , telling him that if he tries to take out Biden or stop BLM they would nuke NY city and many other cities around the world. That's when we saw a weak looking Trump , his hands were tied.
I have been watching news daily for many years and have never heard this one!

What is your source? I can't see BLM, bad as it is, threatening to use nukes. They don't have access to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I think Donald Trump is more dangerous now than he was in 2016.
Is he as dangerous as the one who allows anyone at all, STRANGERS into our country to rob, rape and kill?

I'm sick of hearing how Trump is dangerous when we have THAT going on

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with you. I wasn't old enough to vote in 2016, but would have gone with Hillary (even though I have a lot of stuff to say about her, and her weird stuff). In 2020, I went with Biden, and in 2024, I will go with Biden again. I voted for Chris Christie in the primaries as a protest vote against Trump.
Wow

AFter reading your posts in Religion, I thought you had better sense than this. But never mind, tell myself.. he's YOUNG. That says it all.

I've probably been following news since before you were born or shortly thereafter. I read a lot of books. You would not be saying all you say here if you knew what I know.

Have you ever seen a photo of an aborted child? The left are in favor of killing children up to the 9th month! And then they call the Rs extremists! They are not big on that little thingy called Reality.

And I could go on and on. And Biden is no Catholic. Going into a Church doesn't make you Catholic any more than going into a garage makes you a car.

etc..

• Prayers
Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I have never seen Trump as a serious candidate for president, and he has already shown us that he's untrustworthy, inept, and unqualified for the job. His actions have shown that he does not care about the welfare of the nation, its citizens, or its military. Trump only cares about himself and what benefits him, period. It's horrifying to even imagine Trump serving another term as President of the United States.
wow... I can't believe you say this. You must watch CNN and not conservative news stations. CNN was sued more than once for LYING.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow

AFter reading your posts in Religion, I thought you had better sense than this. But never mind, tell myself.. he's YOUNG. That says it all.

I've probably been following news since before you were born or shortly thereafter. I read a lot of books. You would not be saying all you say here if you knew what I know.

Have you ever seen a photo of an aborted child? The left are in favor of killing children up to the 9th month! And then they call the Rs extremists! They are not big on that little thingy called Reality.

And I could go on and on. And Biden is no Catholic. Going into a Church doesn't make you Catholic any more than going into a garage makes you a car.

etc..
Well, I am pro-life. Biden is was too old. Both parties suck, but we have a choice between a fascist (Trump) and a senile Catholic in name only (Biden). Rather go with someone who is not a fascist. The two party system is flawed, and I'd go for the American Solidarity party if possible.

• Agree
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
1. Controversial Immigrant Policies and Separation of Families at the Border (Matthew 25:31-46)

- In 2018, under the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" policy, thousands of families were separated at the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Jesus in Matthew 25:31-46 says, "Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' ... 'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

Jesus never said to disobey man's laws when it doesn't look like they are Christ-centered. And the laws re the border are COMMON sense. Jesus said to love your neighbor AS yourself. He did NOT say Love your neighbor and forget about your own welfare or that of your own country! No, he did not say that. We cannot let total STRANGERS into our country, people we don't know from... members of ISIS, for example. You think we should let terrorists into our country? Something like 190 terrorists have been apprehended at the border under this "president."

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, I am pro-life. Biden is was too old. Both parties suck, but we have a choice between a fascist (Trump) and a senile Catholic in name only (Biden). Rather go with someone who is not a fascist. The two party system is flawed, and I'd go for the American Solidarity party if possible.
Trump is a very intelligent and even wise person. He doesn't let the left control him like other Rs tend to do. He listens to the people and the people do not want their jobs taken by foreigners, esp the kind who rob, rape and kill Americans. Have you heard of Laken Riley? An illegal saw her jogging or walking and attacked her, bashing in her skull and killing her. And therre are many other cases of illegals doing monstrous things to Americans, raping children...

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟111,787.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump is a very intelligent and even wise person. He doesn't let the left control him like other Rs tend to do. He listens to the people and the people do not want their jobs taken by foreigners, esp the kind who rob, rape and kill Americans. Have you heard of Laken Riley? An illegal saw her jogging or walking and attacked her, bashing in her skull and killing her. And therre are many other cases of illegals doing monstrous things to Americans, raping children...
This is a direct quote from RVAT (Republicans Voting Against Trump):

"Donald Trump proved during his time in office and since why he is unfit to be President of the United States. Even those who have voted for him in the past realize just how dangerous a second Trump presidency would be. Each person has their own reasons—January 6, Trump’s lies about the 2020 election, the 91 felony counts against him, his call to terminate the Constitution—but they all agree on one thing: He must never hold office again.
Ever since Trump announced his candidacy in 2015, he has been alienating Republican voters from the party. Many Republicans held their noses in 2016 and voted against Hillary Clinton. Some Republicans held their noses again and voted for Trump in 2020.
But some Trump voters didn’t like what they saw—the lies, mishandling of the COVID pandemic, the constant drama and chaos, the two impeachments. In 2020, thousands of 2016 Trump voters flipped their votes and propelled Joe Biden to victory.
He has only become more extreme since 2020. His refusal to admit he lost the 2020 election led to the violent insurrection at the Capitol on January 6—one of the most dangerous days our democracy has ever seen. He has praised our enemies like Vladimir Putin and intends to abandon our NATO allies and the Ukrainian people. He wants to install loyalists in his next administration who will ensure that he gets what he wants, no matter how unlawful. He now faces 91 felonies in four separate indictments for falsifying business records, mishandling classified documents, trying to overturn the 2020 election, and pressuring the Republican Georgia Secretary of State to “find him” votes.
In 2024, Trump’s former supporters know that a second Trump presidency would take America down one of the darkest paths in our history.
It takes courage to speak out against your party. It takes courage to change your mind about Trump. It isn’t easy, but these voters understand that our democracy is worth saving. Listen to them explain in their own words why they can never support Trump again."

RVAT website: About Republican Voters Against Trump

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
This is a direct quote from RVAT (Republicans Voting Against Trump):

"Donald Trump proved during his time in office and since why he is unfit to be President of the United States. Even those who have voted for him in the past realize just how dangerous a second Trump presidency would be. Each person has their own reasons—January 6, Trump’s lies about the 2020 election, the 91 felony counts against him, his call to terminate the Constitution—but they all agree on one thing: He must never hold office again.
Ever since Trump announced his candidacy in 2015, he has been alienating Republican voters from the party.
I stopped right here. I frankly couldn't care less about this group, which I am just now hearing about, but I know about the Lincoln Project, how anti Trump they are. By default, they are, in defying Trump, PRO biden, the one who falsely claims to be Catholic yet promotes abortion on demand to the 9th month! And I could go on and on about other policies and practices of his.. undoing all that Trump did to protect America at the southern border.
I do not say the following lightly: Anyone who is egregiously opposed to Trump is also, whether he or she realizes it or not, against the USA. I say young people just don't know a lot. When I was young, I didn't bother following news. My father did, to a fault, even. He would read a newspaper cover to cover every day or nearly every day for years and years. But in any case, I know what it's like to be a young person who has other interests.. Today, however, I follow news diligently. I am following the bogus cases the left have against Trump and it is UNBELIEVABLE! They truly are bogus cases, although I don't have time to go into all that right now. I wish I did...

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0