What are your thoughts on a Tik Tok ban?

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟140,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can read her writings on the devotional thread.

I produce content for a living and know how long it takes to read a piece. I prioritize books over the Internet for several reasons. Most notably time management. That's how hours are squandered and a person wonders where did the time go or what did I do.

When I want to learn something I read a book. If I want to go further I continue reading and discover the experts. If I need to know more I'll work with them. My time in finance taught me an important principle I've never abandoned.

The people who run the world live differently. They're more disciplined and attentive to their actions than others. They know the value of time and understand it isn't endless. They live with ROI in mind and it influences their pursuits and I do the same.

I read over a 100 books a year and take my share of classes and participate in masterminds. That's how I stay informed and ahead. We're in an end time season and I'm buying up the moments and moving strategically. That's my method to reach the mark I'm pursuing and how I choose to run my race.

But no two are the same. We're going to have different perspectives, priorities and so on. There's a lot that hits my ear because of my work, connections or financial ties that influences my behavior. While I may share a reason for my thoughts and actions. I'll never tell all.

There's things we have to discover on our own and I don't believe in spoon feeding. And I don't like sharing everything I know.

~bella
It's fascinating to hear about your approach to learning and time management, especially your preference for books over the internet. I'd love to understand more about how you prioritize which books to read and what specific benefits you gain from reading extensively. Do you have any particular methods for selecting the books you read, or do you focus on specific topics or industries? Additionally, could you share some insights into how your experiences in finance have influenced your reading habits and goals?

I also appreciate your perspective on the importance of self-discovery and not being spoon-fed information. Lastly, it's intriguing that you mention being in an "end time season" and buying up moments strategically. Could you elaborate on what you mean by this phrase, and how it influences your approach to reading and learning?

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,764,579.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I completely understand and agree with your perspective. It's important to be discerning when seeking advice or guidance, especially if it feels like it's being presented under the guise of helping but with an ulterior motive. I also value authenticity and transparency, especially when it comes to sharing experiences and insights within our faith communities. We are all on unique journeys, and it's crucial that we support each other in growing and navigating through the challenges that come our way. I admire your commitment to edification and avoiding shock for others, and I hope that we can continue to learn and grow together in a supportive and authentic way. :)
Agreed. I’m glad you understand. I wish the same would have been there for me to avoid the crash. But we hand in there and try to help others along their way. I’m no expert but I’m who God is crafting me to be. I admire transparency as do most people. It does not impress me to try to solve puzzles and mysteries. You take or leave the examples or advice. I’m not going to contemplate anything else that just leaves one guessing. I’m not into those kind of games. Because that’s what they are.

Most of us just want to relate with one another without feeling conned by whatever it is being promoted/trending at the moment. You can truly see where one spends their time by what they constantly promote like a walking commercial. It’s not interesting or edifying. It’s kind of cultish imo. That’s not edifying to me. But like I said, we are all at different points. Christianity is not a potion to exercise. It’s faith. And we all have our different ways of expressing it to edify one another in our lives.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's fascinating to hear about your approach to learning and time management, especially your preference for books over the internet. I'd love to understand more about how you prioritize which books to read and what specific benefits you gain from reading extensively.

One of the benefits of being online in the early days is seeing its progression. I discovered the necessity of finding kindred spirits. You can scratch the surface of a topic in a general population but when you want to go deeper you have to find people doing the things you're interested in.

Your gleanings will always be a combination of what to do and what not to do. I was fortunate to find them during a period when hunger and thirst were plentiful. We devoured our interests and shared our highs and lows and it was magical. We communicated on private mailing lists, channels and forums. It was a cornucopia of learning that was both instructive and supportive.

When you said you liked something or wanted to learn in those circles there was a quiet expectation you'd follow suit. People wanted to hear from you. What you knew and learned etc. We shared resources but application was valued. Reading is easy but doing is harder and we respected that. The quest for kindred spirits always resulted in experiences and they're the ones I attracted.

There was a point in that period of self-discovery when I visualized the woman I wanted to become and made a conscious effort to work towards it. I drafted a personal development plan that covered everything. It was holistically balanced. Body, mind, soul and spirit. And I got to work.

As the years passed I was checking things off and making progress. I heard a message from a well-known personality that addressed 'the gonna' and dismantled it. I'd had something on my to-do list for ages. I wanted to complete a classics reading challenge but I kept putting it off. That needed to change and I knew it. While reading a book I saw a line that's etched in my conscience.

They said only 5% of population sets goals and 3% achieve them and I ran the numbers. That's your 1%.

The new year came and I set a ridiculous reading goal of 150 books and started the classics challenge. I finished the year with 350 under my belt and it changed me. I heard a second message from the same individual that revolutionized my life.

He said, when Amazon was founded Whole Foods was valued at $220 million dollars. But Amazon bought Whole Foods. The message was reminding you that you can catch up. I was standing outside when I heard it and started screaming yes! Because I got it. And I quickened my pace.

I share that to illustrate that no one wakes up like this. There's nuances to our becoming including our upbringing and early influences. My parents instilled in me the importance of working to my capacity. Gifts and talents were meant to be used and should be fed. I grew up in an environment where learning was prized and effort was praised. We were consistently told we could accomplish anything we put our mind to.

That's going to have a significant impact on your life. You won't be afraid to try or fail because you know you can try again. They impressed the necessity of dancing to your own drummer and ignoring naysayers. Everyone has an opinion but we determine the impact they'll have on us. It made us strong and tough minded. We were reared to be leaders and examples. We weren't permitted to follow the crowd. They may lead you astray.

Everything I do is the result of becoming. It's a never-ending process of growth and sanctification. The books are one element of a multi-layered process. My initial selections were the result of personal interest or desired insight. Now I've woven in spiritual components and narrowed my focus and paired them to my primary intention for the year that's reinforced through my selections.

For example, if my primary intention is discipline, I'll devise a strategy to address it through habits, instruction, and accountability. If discipline is my aim I have to modify my behavior to accommodate the shift and reinforce it in my interests. And I have to check-in with myself to see how I'm progressing.

Additionally, could you share some insights into how your experiences in finance have influenced your reading habits and goals?

I learned how the world works. How it really works. They saved me a lot of grief and delusion. On the other hand, it's exceedingly evil and I never forget that. You have to filter the things you see and hear through your spirit. You can't copy everything.

Goal wise, it sharpened my willingness to take risks and refusal to quit. I like to be challenged and stretched. It deepened my confidence and appreciation for legacy. Not only through making your mark on the world but leaving it bettered by your presence. That's on all levels beyond wealth. Spiritual legacy is the greatest.

I think more about my bloodline than myself. I'm laying a foundation on behalf of others that will aid them in doing the Lord's work with fewer hindrances. Which may include purchasing real estate that will accommodate multiple homes so they don't have to buy one. It remains in the family and solves the issue with children and elders. It means building a business you can pass on and funding the future. That's how I think.

Lastly, it's intriguing that you mention being in an "end time season" and buying up moments strategically. Could you elaborate on what you mean by this phrase, and how it influences your approach to reading and learning?

Life is like a chessboard. As you watch the pieces move here and there you can't ignore what you're witnessing. That requires a willingness to tell the truth whether your observations reflect your hopes or not. By doing so you can adjust your response and anticipate moves before they occur. Or at the very least you know they're coming.

Positioning requires attentiveness and a willingness to strategize. As the bible says, work while the day is here because night is coming when none can work. Whether you do or not your enemy is working and doesn't stop. The bigger question is what can you live with?

As believers we're trusting God and I'm mindful of the question. My efforts are freeing up things down the road. What's possible now may be challenging later and I'm putting things in place to address them. Not only in respect to calling. But loved ones, community and the church as well.

My approach to the end times is practical and shrewd. We have stores that don't accept cash. Some that allow you to scan your hand for payment. Some that require you to scan something for entry. I ask myself, what would you do if you couldn't comply? What alternatives do you have in place to compensate?

When I'm contemplating solutions I'm doing it in light of several factors. Most notably, how the world works and what's permissible. No's in some places are yeses elsewhere and knowing the difference is a must.

I make sure I'm conversant in everything related to the yes and its risks. If I decided to grow my own food in response to the problem at the store my first question is how will you protect it from poachers. That isn't raised when the purchase is made. I'll tackle it upfront because the solution influences the purchase not the other way around.

We hear the term elite this and elite that but the majority don't realize how they think. Once you do life gets easier. You can spot the lies and focus on more important stuff. Their number one weapon against the world is distraction. They're meant to draw you from your priorities and create future hardships.

They tell you to retire in your sixties although we're living longer and they keep working. Do as I say not as I do. It's all a game and I'm willing to play.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I post not for recognition but because I wish there had been the same full picture when I was converting to the faith I have now which led to a lot of disappointment in the beginning. I’m all about avoiding that culture shock for others. So I do not try to polish anything.

Maybe you should create a thread on why you do what you do and share what you stated. It may not be obvious and at the very least they'll understand your why. That's the best response to gossip.

I believe in people being themselves. Whether someone likes it or not or disagrees is on them. God didn't make any copies. Which means we all possess something the world requires for such a time as this.

While I understand the desire to be liked I don't believe in surrendering your power. That happens when we allow negative things to affect us. Joy and peace are important.

~bella

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,379,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Metaverse is evil and the most popular topics on CF are politics and news but it's Christian. A relationship with God is experiential. It's beyond theories and postulations. In matters of faith I'm more attracted to the former. The world is full of talkers but a person who's developed a relationship with the Lord produces the sweetest fruit like @Christsfreeservant.

Her devotionals are the result of time with God. You can't produce on that scale without it. Posting articles is easy. It doesn't require a lot of forethought and it's a talking point. But when you craft your own and your meditations are the subject to God be glory. You're bearing witness to your fellowship.

I'm leery of believers who spend more time sharing other peoples thoughts than their own. I'm leery of believers who don't have a consistent pattern of sharing experiences. The things we do influence our conversation. I want to be edified.

~bella
Bella, thank you so much for this wonderful encouragement. All glory to God. And God bless you.

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟140,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of the benefits of being online in the early days is seeing its progression. I discovered the necessity of finding kindred spirits. You can scratch the surface of a topic in a general population but when you want to go deeper you have to find people doing the things you're interested in.

Your gleanings will always be a combination of what to do and what not to do. I was fortunate to find them during a period when hunger and thirst were plentiful. We devoured our interests and shared our highs and lows and it was magical. We communicated on private mailing lists, channels and forums. It was a cornucopia of learning that was both instructive and supportive.

When you said you liked something or wanted to learn in those circles there was a quiet expectation you'd follow suit. People wanted to hear from you. What you knew and learned etc. We shared resources but application was valued. Reading is easy but doing is harder and we respected that. The quest for kindred spirits always resulted in experiences and they're the ones I attracted.

There was a point in that period of self-discovery when I visualized the woman I wanted to become and made a conscious effort to work towards it. I drafted a personal development plan that covered everything. It was holistically balanced. Body, mind, soul and spirit. And I got to work.

As the years passed I was checking things off and making progress. I heard a message from a well-known personality that addressed 'the gonna' and dismantled it. I'd had something on my to-do list for ages. I wanted to complete a classics reading challenge but I kept putting it off. That needed to change and I knew it. While reading a book I saw a line that's etched in my conscience.

They said only 5% of population sets goals and 3% achieve them and I ran the numbers. That's your 1%.

The new year came and I set a ridiculous reading goal of 150 books and started the classics challenge. I finished the year with 350 under my belt and it changed me. I heard a second message from the same individual that revolutionized my life.

He said, when Amazon was founded Whole Foods was valued at $220 million dollars. But Amazon bought Whole Foods. The message was reminding you that you can catch up. I was standing outside when I heard it and started screaming yes! Because I got it. And I quickened my pace.

I share that to illustrate that no one wakes up like this. There's nuances to our becoming including our upbringing and early influences. My parents instilled in me the importance of working to my capacity. Gifts and talents were meant to be used and should be fed. I grew up in an environment where learning was prized and effort was praised. We were consistently told we could accomplish anything we put our mind to.

That's going to have a significant impact on your life. You won't be afraid to try or fail because you know you can try again. They impressed the necessity of dancing to your own drummer and ignoring naysayers. Everyone has an opinion but we determine the impact they'll have on us. It made us strong and tough minded. We were reared to be leaders and examples. We weren't permitted to follow the crowd. They may lead you astray.

Everything I do is the result of becoming. It's a never-ending process of growth and sanctification. The books are one element of a multi-layered process. My initial selections were the result of personal interest or desired insight. Now I've woven in spiritual components and narrowed my focus and paired them to my primary intention for the year that's reinforced through my selections.

For example, if my primary intention is discipline, I'll devise a strategy to address it through habits, instruction, and accountability. If discipline is my aim I have to modify my behavior to accommodate the shift and reinforce it in my interests. And I have to check-in with myself to see how I'm progressing.

I learned how the world works. How it really works. They saved me a lot of grief and delusion. On the other hand, it's exceedingly evil and I never forget that. You have to filter the things you see and hear through your spirit. You can't copy everything.

Goal wise, it sharpened my willingness to take risks and refusal to quit. I like to be challenged and stretched. It deepened my confidence and appreciation for legacy. Not only through making your mark on the world but leaving it bettered by your presence. That's on all levels beyond wealth. Spiritual legacy is the greatest.

I think more about my bloodline than myself. I'm laying a foundation on behalf of others that will aid them in doing the Lord's work with fewer hindrances. Which may include purchasing real estate that will accommodate multiple homes so they don't have to buy one. It remains in the family and solves the issue with children and elders. It means building a business you can pass on and funding the future. That's how I think.

Life is like a chessboard. As you watch the pieces move here and there you can't ignore what you're witnessing. That requires a willingness to tell the truth whether your observations reflect your hopes or not. By doing so you can adjust your response and anticipate moves before they occur. Or at the very least you know they're coming.

Positioning requires attentiveness and a willingness to strategize. As the bible says, work while the day is here because night is coming when none can work. Whether you do or not your enemy is working and doesn't stop. The bigger question is what can you live with?

As believers we're trusting God and I'm mindful of the question. My efforts are freeing up things down the road. What's possible now may be challenging later and I'm putting things in place to address them. Not only in respect to calling. But loved ones, community and the church as well.

My approach to the end times is practical and shrewd. We have stores that don't accept cash. Some that allow you to scan your hand for payment. Some that require you to scan something for entry. I ask myself, what would you do if you couldn't comply? What alternatives do you have in place to compensate?

When I'm contemplating solutions I'm doing it in light of several factors. Most notably, how the world works and what's permissible. No's in some places are yeses elsewhere and knowing the difference is a must.

I make sure I'm conversant in everything related to the yes and its risks. If I decided to grow my own food in response to the problem at the store my first question is how will you protect it from poachers. That isn't raised when the purchase is made. I'll tackle it upfront because the solution influences the purchase not the other way around.

We hear the term elite this and elite that but the majority don't realize how they think. Once you do life gets easier. You can spot the lies and focus on more important stuff. Their number one weapon against the world is distraction. They're meant to draw you from your priorities and create future hardships.

They tell you to retire in your sixties although we're living longer and they keep working. Do as I say not as I do. It's all a game and I'm willing to play.

~bella
Man, that is a long post. Yeah, we all know that the elite are evil

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0