The Exemplarary Husband: A Biblical View by Stuart Scott
God, Marriage, and Family by Andreas J. Kostenberger
Systematic Theology by Grudem
Scripture Alone by James White
Father,Son, & Holy Spirit: Relationships, Roles, & Relavence by Bruce Ware

For Fun:

The Sum of All Fears - Tom Clancy
Reformed Dogmatics: Sin and Salvation in Christ - Herman Bavinck
21 Reasons to Reject Scripture Alone- by some Catholic.

Upvote 0

Seeker of the Truth

Walking is harding than Talking.
Aug 20, 2006
Georgia
✟10,243.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
leytonstones said:
I don't know what kind of response this thread will get or if it will maybe qualify for a "sticky" but I thought it would be good to share what we are reading ?

I am currently reading:

Judgement and Promise: An Interpretation of the book of Jeremiah by J.G. McConville and

Covenant and Sacrifice in the Letter to the Hebrews by John Dunnill.

:wave:
well, currently i'm reading the Bible... and Every Young Man's Battle < which is pretty good

Upvote 0

Belteshazzar

Aug 15, 2004
Alberta
✟16,967.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm currently reading a book titled: No More Christian Nice Guy by Paul Coughlin. He writes basically that many Christian men are too nice and let themselves get walked on for no good reason. Coughlin also says that men should be Christian Good Guys that stand up for what is right. I would recommend this book to any Christian man.

I also read my Bible every day.

Upvote 0

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
RajunCajun86 said:
excellent book i use it alot in my Sunday School class and it's just a good read, Grudem does an excellent job:thumbsup:

I enjoy Grudem alot. For a more indepth ST you should check out Millard Erickson's Christian Theology. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Pepperoni said:
I rarely get a chance to read, but I am currently reading A Look at Life From God's Great Outdoors by Steve Chapman. Next I hope to read Ann Coulter's "Godless." Now THAT should be interesting.

We have great respect and admiration for Ann Coulter at our house. One of our local talk radio stations has a new afternoon host who is very Libertarian in his politics. He's had Walter Williams on several times, but more importantly has Ann Coulter on every Thursday from 5:00pm to 6:00 pm. so I get to hear her all the time:thumbsup::clap:

Upvote 0

Pepperoni

(clever saying goes here)
Feb 22, 2006
The Great Lake State
✟18,411.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
edb19 said:
We have great respect and admiration for Ann Coulter at our house. One of our local talk radio stations has a new afternoon host who is very Libertarian in his politics. He's had Walter Williams on several times, but more importantly has Ann Coulter on every Thursday from 5:00pm to 6:00 pm. so I get to hear her all the time:thumbsup::clap:
How cool! She's one of those people who you either love or hate. I think she rocks!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Easystreet

May 17, 2006
✟3,713.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
colossiansgirl said:
Currently:
Choices Changes---Joni Eareckson Tada

I can relate Gordon:
The Christian Book Store is like a candy store to me.
Although my mind would not be able to grasp so many books at one time.
For now, I have decided not to buy another book until I have read what I already have. :)

I am on the verge of completing three and about half way on three more and just beginning the others. I have to get all of Tony Evans Books - Very practical.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I started reading 'Desiring God' yesterday. I started the book a year ago, and only got a couple of chapters in. I just wasn't in the 'place' to read it at that point in time because I couldn't get into it. It's definately better this time--I took about 4 o 5 pages of notes just yesterday!

And I'm reading 'final target' by Iris Johansen. I love a good light read! Her books are pretty easy.

Upvote 0