Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Art Bell! I remember years ago, lying in bed in the wee hours, trying to tune the radio to get his show to come in on an old AM station. Wasn't aware of the podcasts, need to check them out.

I'm curious about The Case for Christian Nationalism, have seen it advertised.
Christian Nationalism is as you would expect. It's an academic presentation and defense of what a Christian nation is, what it's suppose to look like, with some foundational theology as to how we get there.

Bell is fun! He's kinda loony at times but I think he's playing it up.

Upvote 0

cherishedteddies

Dec 21, 2022
Covington
✟8,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The Journals of Jim Elliot edited by Elisabeth Elliot
Ok the Christian stuff I am reading is 1 ch. from Luke, 1 Psalm, Billy Graham dev and 1 dev. from Lightsourse. My non Christian books are a series- by Gertrude Chandler Warner- The Boxcar Children. They are Mystery Books.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟753,508.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

BBAS 64

Contributor
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
New England
✟512,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good day,

My Thursday nights men's group is Just finishing up Calvin's Institutes books 1-3, started September 2021.

He was correct:

Spurgeon said, "It would not be possible for me too earnestly to press upon you the importance of reading the expositions of that prince among men,
JOHN CALVIN!"

Next we start the 12 Minor Prophets additional reading for me will include Major points from the Minor Prophets and the 2 Volume set by Boice.

In Him,.

Bill

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
My pastor inspired me to read the Bible in 90 day. It works for me since I have a lot of down time with my job. I started on September 18, and I just finished Nahum. I’ll finish up on December 18, and then I’ll start again.

The benefit I’ve found is that in reading larger chunk, I’m able to see the coherency better. It’s definitely helped when reading the prophets.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I eat words like a T Rex gobbles humans, LOL.
(I multitask & read a couple chapters of one, mark pages, take notes, then move on to another book, and so on)

I'm reading:

Trembling at the Word of the LORD by CH Spurgeon

The Duty of Self Denial by Thomas Watson

Consolations From Christ's Imputed Righteousness by Thomas Brooks

The Lord Our Righteousness by George Whitefield

Apocalypse Code by Hal Lindsey

(Those are the book or booklet copies I have)

Online I've been reading
The Marrow of Modern Divinity by Edward Fisher & Thomas Boston

Ripe For Damnation by Jonathan Edwards (This one isn't well known but it's in Google and you can read quite a bit of it)

And Ichabod. Or, A discourse, shewing what cause there is to fear that the glory of the Lord, is departing from New-England. by Increase Matther

But #1 is my well worn old KJV Bible, to which anything else I read must be confirmed by, and which it alone is the start of my day.

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0