what are the best source of protein for Vegetarians?

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
what are the best source of protein for Vegetarians?
Hunza recipe bread, but no one makes it any more. Someone did, and it was perfect food for most people, resulting in unexpected healthy changes welcome,
but because of complaints from other companies, it was deep sixed. /put to an end/....

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,106.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you are allowed to drink milk, then milk.

Dark chocolate / cocoa is also excellent source of protein so it would be a good thing to replace your coffee addiction with hot chocolate drinks. Cocoa still have a bit of caffeine in it but barely as much as coffee.

You may think you need coffee to stay awake / alert / focused but this boost come in 'spikes' so you feel drained after the 'boosted feeling' so you get another cup. I've quit coffee for many years now and I can stay focused and alert for longer without those highs and lows and saving a lot of money too!

I may drink coffee in very rare occasions but I always do it at night because after the 'boost', I get real sleepy. Coffee helps me to sleep!^_^

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Beans and whole grains tend to have the most protein, and product made from them, such as tofu or tempeh. You can also buy mock-meats made from isolated or refined plant protein, and those tend to be higher in protein as well.

Most plant foods have some amount of protein in them. Even foods like mushrooms or broccoli have a fair amount of protein relative to their total calories. As long as you are eating a variety of foods in sufficient amounts, you should get enough protein. I would only recommend worrying about protein if you are on a calorie-restricted diet, or you're raising kids or recovering from an injury or surgery.

Beans have other benefits, such as being associated with bone and gut health, and populations that consume alot of beans tend to live longer than those that eat fewer beans. So it's good to include beans every day in a vegetarian or vegan diet.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,106.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Beans and whole grains tend to have the most protein, and product made from them, such as tofu or tempeh.

I eat these a lot. Whole grains especially from oatmeal and snacks I make from whole wheat flour and also beans. Add cocoa to the list of non-meat high protein sources I eat.

I still eat meat but much greater portions in non-meat foods. I do intense exercises and needed the protein and do get them mostly from plant-based foods and milk.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All the protein we need can come from food we have from plants. You might get more protein but it isn't needed. Protein is overrated and little information is put out about real problems coming from having too much protein, which is really possible. Just those certain vitamins are something to get supplements or fortified foods for, especially the B12, which anyone and not just vegans can really be in need for. Protein is not the issue with it.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0