May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
pylgrym1 said:
Daughters....18....oh does THAT ring true! ^_^
I am a voice artist who has done radio/TV work in news, sports, call-in shows and advertizing. :doh: I am taking my licks right now after being divorced by my first and only wife of 23 years. Glad there are some sympathetic ears out here!
'
Welcome to our part of CF. :wave:
Where is the Isle of Man?

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hey pylgrym1,

I'm a part-time DJ for an AM oldies station. :) I used to be a news reporter/director for the station's competitor....that is...until the company that owns the oldies station bought us out! lol!!

Hey, speaking of last names.....I took my maiden name back over 10 years ago and all of the sudden I'm getting those stupid credit card offers with *that* last name on it! ugh!!!!!! It's bad enough I get 20 of those retarded things with the RIGHT last name on them. Anyone else have this problem? Just wondering. (okay, ranting!) :)

Upvote 0

LadyDJ

Mar 31, 2004
Idaho
✟16,330.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
I'm still stuck with the ex's last name for at least another 10 years (youngest is 8)...and occasionally I get a call for Mr. or Mrs. *bleep* and refinancing our home...I politely, but icily tell them..."Do NOT refer to me as Mrs., and they would have to discuss refinancing with as HE has the house in WA...NOT me" Funny how they get so flustered and tongue-tied after that LOL

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
SandyLou said:
:thumbsup: Good job forming area for "mature singles" *giggle*
I'm older . . . and single. . . . but it's been a while since I was accused of being "mature". . . *giggle*
Hoping ya'll teach me a thing or two! ;)

--SandyLou
Hello. Have not seen you around before. :wave:
I am relatively new to CF (just over 3 months).

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What? you don't appreciate the humidity gift??? ^_^ I was just trying to SHARE!

My house made it thru the storm quite nicely, thanks. God's Tree-trimming service removed some oak branches. My lil neighbor has a chain saw and LOVES to use it *giggle* so he had a blast being a cut-up. Alas, many people in Polk County are still without electricity and / or homes. Please join me in praying for them :groupray: I know it HAS to be frustrating and discouraging. (yikes! my power was out for 15.5 hours and I was starting to whine like a puppy)

Uhhh. . . .Randy? Don't know where you are in ME, but I hear the temperature in only in the upper 70's today in Monmouth. I'm happy to share a bit of my 93 degrees . . . an added bonus to the humidity ;)

Anyone else wnat to share their weather? Or are ya'll happy??? :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Donny_B

Mar 4, 2003
North Carolina
✟740.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That reminds me of an ice storm here in North Carolina that knocked out power for a few days one winter, and in places for a week. I was out for about 2 days. Instead of the heat that Floridians have been facing, it was freezing cold we were dealing with. I don't know which is worse in a power outage, the heat or the cold. Some people tried to stay warm by using kerosene heaters indoors, which was a deadly mistake in several cases. Hopefully things get better in a hurry for you folks in Florida...

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks Donny. I remember that ice storm! I mentor high school & college soccer players and have one at Queens in Charlotte. Freshman girls trying to find ways to stay warm and amused while cut off from "the world". . .. hmmmm. . . the stories I heard! :eek: YIKES!

Down here, it's one day at a time and slloooooooowwwwwwly things are getting better. Of course the 77,000 people who are still without livable homes and or power and or jobs would probably STRONGLY disagree with me. It's been an amazing time for people to come together - reaching out to help. So - praise God.

--SandyLou

Upvote 0