Welcome!

Ranter

Jul 19, 2004
Unity, ME
✟175.00
Faith
Methodist
Hi,
Well, with posting here today, I think I managed to hit all the forums that I needed to on day one. My name is Randy, single guy in Unity Maine. Had my ups and downs with relationships, and after the last failed one I found myself seeking God for wisdom and help. Little did I know that when I joined the little town church here, where the congregation is mostly in the retired bracket, that I would be so welcomed, and feel like i found a new family. Not to mention when I began reading the Bible that it turned out to be a book I can't put down and need to read some every day. I hope to be able to chat with a lot of you here and look forward to your guidence as I take this journey in finding Christ.

May God Bless all of you,
Randy

Upvote 0

Ranter

Jul 19, 2004
Unity, ME
✟175.00
Faith
Methodist
Welcome MM,

Charlotte NC., the home of the Nature Boy Rick Flair !! (Yes I am a wrestling fan and used to do ring announcing and producing for Maine Event Wrestling before they went belly-up. Which in itself is strange with what little pay there was, but thats another story)

The singles group at my church is well,,,,,me,,,and thats about it.
Well, except for a couple of widows in their 80's.
My church consist of the retired kind, and what might even come close to my age is married or attending the college here.

I'm pretty new here too, and look forward to meeting you on other boards.

Randy

Upvote 0
C

CRitabe

I'm presently single and in my early 50's. Sometimes I feel that I'm getting these sort of "poor - lost - soul" looks from my sibs and church mates as if I have some sort of terminal illness or something. It almost makes me laugh because I know that I'm just as happy in my marital state as they are in theirs; however, I guess at my age, it is expected in our culture that you will have a significant other. For the most part, I'm comfortable being in social circles as a single person.

Upvote 0

caitlincares

Site Supporter
May 14, 2004
✟63,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
CRitabe said:
I'm presently single and in my early 50's. Sometimes I feel that I'm getting these sort of "poor - lost - soul" looks from my sibs and church mates as if I have some sort of terminal illness or something. It almost makes me laugh because I know that I'm just as happy in my marital state as they are in theirs; however, I guess at my age, it is expected in our culture that you will have a significant other. For the most part, I'm comfortable being in social circles as a single person.
Welcome to our part of CF fellow "mature" single! :clap:

Upvote 0

MathuMark

Jul 21, 2004
Charlotte, NC
✟15,122.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ranter said:
Welcome MM,

Charlotte NC., the home of the Nature Boy Rick Flair !! (Yes I am a wrestling fan and used to do ring announcing and producing for Maine Event Wrestling before they went belly-up. Which in itself is strange with what little pay there was, but thats another story)

The singles group at my church is well,,,,,me,,,and thats about it.
Well, except for a couple of widows in their 80's.
My church consist of the retired kind, and what might even come close to my age is married or attending the college here.

I'm pretty new here too, and look forward to meeting you on other boards.

Randy
Hello Caitlincares and Ranter. Yes professional wrestling has a lot of its roots here in the Charlotte area - even though I don't know much about it myself. We have a lot of sports interest in this area College Basketball, NFL football, NBA basketball, Nascar racing, golf. I mainly just watch Braves baseball on cable TV myself.

Yes I know what you mean by the lack of a singles scene at your church. That's why I decided to find the biggest church in Charlotte. I started here about a year ago and have been really blessed to meet a lot of single people facing many of the same issues that I face. One really neat thing that I have noticed also in the church and even in my singles group is that there are a lot of people who have done missionary work or come from families where there parents were missionaries. I grew up not knowing any missionaries at all and now it seems everyone I meet has some connection to this field. They talk about it like its just a regular thing that Christians do. I'm still thinking wow! whenever they tell of their stories of veturing to far off lands to bring the Word of Christ to people who have never seen a Bible before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LadyDJ

Mar 31, 2004
Idaho
✟16,330.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Ranter said:
Hi LadyDJ. Gotta love someone with DJ in their name. I've been a radio DJ and private funtion DJ for over 20 years. Nice to meet you.

Nice to meet you to, but sorry I have to disillusion you...the DJ in my name is from my initials :)

Upvote 0