Visit site
✟16,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey all, not quite "mid-thirties or older" yet, but I will be 34 this year, so close enough. :) I think... :p

This is pretty cool, because I think it is harder being an older single when there are so many younger singles. I think we have some different issues in that for some it would appear our .... well, let's just say it's harder. :D We have different perspectives coming from longer singleness. And much of what was once important is not as much so. At least that is true for me. And now the things that are important have much great worth in God's eyes and aren't as superficial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victorian Rose

The Lord is my Strength
Feb 19, 2004
Iowa
✟24,452.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
krstlros said:
Hi everyone.

I feel like the .......ah hem......."elder statesperson".......as I think I'm the first of the over 40 crowd.

BTW, this doesn't mean we have to act our age, does it?
LOL! Never act your age! That's my moto! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
hischildsindik said:
Hey all, not quite "mid-thirties or older" yet, but I will be 34 this year, so close enough. :) I think... :p

This is pretty cool, because I think it is harder being an older single when there are so many younger singles. I think we have some different issues in that for some it would appear our .... well, let's just say it's harder. :D We have different perspectives coming from longer singleness. And much of what was once important is not as much so. At least that is true for me. And now the things that are important have much great worth in God's eyes and aren't as superficial.

I agree with you. As for my church I am the only one in this age group that is single. All the others are either high school through early 20's or over 50. I think each group has different issues. The over-50 crowd makes me feel welcome to join them but I just feel like I'm at a different stage in my life and in my Christianity. These people have been in the church for years and a couple of them have taken on the 'legalistic' view a little too much for me to be comfortable around them. I hope I am welcome here at least. :) I'll try to play nice. ;)

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Learnin'2-4Give said:
I too am tickled to have this sub-forum!

I just giggle sometimes when a 20 year old posts that they have been single for so long and they are afraid they will never find a spouse...... Anyway, it's nice to have a place for us older singles.

LOL! Agreed! It's almost like comparing singleness in terms of dog years! ^_^

Upvote 0