Welcome to the OOC Forum!

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Boy Wonder said:
Regarding rule number 5... Does that mean there is no PvP at all? Or you just can't do so with out the permission of the person you're attacking and/or the GM? Or you can attack someone, just not kill them?
You can attack them. The GM (threadstarter) decides if you can kill them or who wins in the fight.

Upvote 0

will_wait4Him

Feb 9, 2002
McKinney, Texas
Visit site
✟1,866.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the character's writer the only one who can give permission to another writer to kill their character?

Boy Wonder, being GM can be hard at times. Esspecially when the "great wall of WB(writers block)" throws itself into the story. I hate that!!! :mad: But other then some other difficulties, like having a writer who just doesn't get the plot and makes other's characters doing this and that when their not suppose to, it can be fun. ;)

Boy Wonder said:
Okay, thanks for the help... :)

And also, I'm still wondering about how one is to start a RPG... *glances at Angel's post* And how much work it'd take to be a GM.

Upvote 0

Boy Wonder

No longer a boy.. =P
Mar 8, 2002
Ft. Worth, Texas
✟8,613.00
Faith
Christian
Erwin said:
Good point. :) I will edit the rules to say that. Both the character and GM have to agree.

Hehe, that's good, it'd be dangerous for me to be GM if I could kill characters at will... *snickers*

"And then suddenly a rain of fire comes out of the sky and kills all the heros! BWAHAHAHA"

:D :p

I think you should make a FAQ section for new players Erwin, I still don't understand this... lol, so is the GM the only one that can move the plot along? And can characters move other characters or not?

It would seem hard to me to write a post where stuff only happened to my character.

Or maybe I'm just making this harder then it is? :o :sorry:

Upvote 0

will_wait4Him

Feb 9, 2002
McKinney, Texas
Visit site
✟1,866.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks, Erwin! :D

Yah, I'd have to agree. I mean, it's also great when you seek the other writer's help, like say for the direction of the story. For example, not to be cocky or anything but at Seven Seals, Blessed-one came to me asking if I could think of another plot idea for another Seven Seals story after we finished the third story. Well, I'm sure she went to others for help too you know. ;) I'm not saying being GM is really difficult to the point where you'd need to ask the other writers for ideas. It's that all the GM's I've written with have liked to involve the other writers in the direction of the story.

Plus, I don't see anything wrong with somebody moving somebody elses character. I mean as long as you have an idea of or know exactly where the other person's character is going. Or what the other person's character doing, it's ok in my book. ;) But just to be safe, I sometimes like to PM the writer to talk things over and see what they have planned for that character that I want to involve in my post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stryper

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟1,278.00
Faith
Non-Denom
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] how about all of the programmers on these board unite to make a real mmorpg. that would be soo cool. and it could be the first ever christian mmorpg. that would be a milestone in the history of the internet and it could be an awesome way to bring people into the christian religion.
btw i know it wouldnt ever happen, but its fun to dream.

Upvote 0

will_wait4Him

Feb 9, 2002
McKinney, Texas
Visit site
✟1,866.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, might be best if we keep it at just a regular RPG. So many might join that a lot of confusion and chaos might happen. Plus, like what Blessed said, the imagenation does tend to run quite out of control at times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ouse

Jul 8, 2003
Cheltenham
Visit site
✟15,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eh, its possible to make it with no gods or godesses that is, with one acception...

but anyway, mmorpg`s take money and people may not want to pay money... thats a problem...

also, even if you just want a reglar RP system on this forum, you might want to start off with some mathmatical way to determine stats as they relate to posts.. a good example of this is, if you go to

www.giveupalready.com

its got that system pegged. but then theres always the problem of, what if people dont want stats under their name... but thats a whole other conversation..

Upvote 0

Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
What about a world that combined cyberpunk with magic? I know of one such rpg where this combo works really well, there are probably others. You deal with dragons who are now the heads of megacorporations instead of sitting on piles of gold, elves and Indians have their own nations forged using magic, computer hackers put datajacks in their skulls to access the Matrix (basically like in the movie) instead of surfing the Web, that kind of thing. You get together teams of these and others and you go on missions raiding corporate headquarters and battling evil forces, it's really cool.

I don't know if such a setting would be copyrighted though, but maybe someone might be interested in making one up along the lines of this combination.

Upvote 0