Satanists not welcome in Oklahoma schools, but are 'welcome to go to hell' says state superintendent

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good for Oklahoma, sez I. :oldthumbsup:

article said:
Oklahoma Superintendent Ryan Walters stated last Wednesday, "In Oklahoma, we have conservative values. President Joe Biden and the National Education Association want Christianity out of the classroom and are advocating for our kids to have zero morality and faith. Let me be crystal clear: Satanists are not welcome in Oklahoma schools, but they are welcome to go to hell."

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Ryan Walters is pretty mixed up. President Joe Biden and the National Education Association are not advocating for our kids to have zero morality and faith. Do you really want religion in public schools? Surely not Islam, Judaism or Hinduism. Just Christianity. But then what kind of Christianity? Catholicism? Methodism? Unitarianism? Probably not. Right? So just a very specific kind of evangelical Christianity. Probably even one favoring Christian Nationalism?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ryan Walters is pretty mixed up. President Joe Biden and the National Education Association are not advocating for our kids to have zero morality and faith. Do you really want religion in public schools? Surely not Islam, Judaism or Hinduism. Just Christianity. But then what kind of Christianity? Catholicism? Methodism? Unitarianism? Probably not. Right? So just a very specific kind of evangelical Christianity. Probably even one favoring Christian Nationalism?
We're not talking about religion in public schools. We're talking about Satanism in public schools. Satanism has no business in a public school any more than any other dangerous cult does.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
All Christian religions should be represented. I think kids should learn about Islamism also, just so they know about it. But the history of Islam should also be taught and it isn't pretty. Neither is the history of the Christian religions. But people should be informed.

The Bible should be taught in all schools, not as in: you have to believe this, but as in: you should know what the Bible says because it is the most popular book in the world and to be fully educated, one must know at least a good portion of it.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
We're not talking about religion in public schools. We're talking about Satanism in public schools. Satanism has no business in a public school any more than any other dangerous cult does.
exactly.

Then again, most Christians think that any Christian religion that is not THEIR religion is a cult or virtually a cult.

Anti-Catholic people are particularly virulent about such

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well said, even though most satanists are truly atheists.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟136,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen brother. Cults should be banned, especially Satanic ones.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OP references Senate Bill (SB) 36 : The measure would allow volunteer chaplains in public schools, however, there are some strings attached. Districts must conduct background checks, and cannot employ a chaplain who is a registered sex offender or convicted of a felony offense.

Now, what kind of chaplains. Only Christian? What type of Christian?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟813,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Well said, even though most satanists are truly atheists.
If they follow the Satanic philosophy (since Satan is the 'father of lies') calling themselves atheists may just be a lie.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OP references Senate Bill (SB) 36 : The measure would allow volunteer chaplains in public schools, however, there are some strings attached. Districts must conduct background checks, and cannot employ a chaplain who is a registered sex offender or convicted of a felony offense.

Now, what kind of chaplains. Only Christian? What type of Christian?
You're still not getting it. Satanism is not a religious faith. At best, it's a parody, or a mockery, of a religious faith. You might call it an "anti-faith".

Since it is not a religious faith, it cannot have chaplains. Ergo, they have no business in the public schools.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟72,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Satanism is covered under the first amendment as it is the free exercise of religion. To exclude it is unconstitutional. If we allow the government to pick and choose which religions are acceptable, then they will be coming for Christians next (they already try). Better to allow the Satanist's space and pray for them to know the truth.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Satanism is covered under the first amendment as it is the free exercise of religion. To exclude it is unconstitutional. If we allow the government to pick and choose which religions are acceptable, then they will be coming for Christians next (they already try). Better to allow the Satanist's space and pray for them to know the truth.
From my perspective, since most so-called Satanists are actually atheists, it's more of a mockery of Christianity more than anything- rather than a true religion. IMHO.

• Agree
Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟72,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From my perspective, since most so-called Satanists are actually atheists, it's more of a mockery of Christianity more than anything- rather than a true religion. IMHO.
Atheists have been given rights too by the courts to put up displays in cities that allow Christian displays. Athiests too have rights under the first amendment. Some call it the religion of no religion. Sadly though, they often are favored when other true religions are excluded.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're still not getting it. Satanism is not a religious faith. At best, it's a parody, or a mockery, of a religious faith. You might call it an "anti-faith".

Since it is not a religious faith, it cannot have chaplains. Ergo, they have no business in the public schools.
That is only your opinion. How do you then define "religion" so as to exclude Satanism?

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Atheists have been given rights too by the courts to put up displays in cities that allow Christian displays. Athiests too have rights under the first amendment. Some call it the religion of no religion. Sadly though, they often are favored when other true religions are excluded.
I have never been able to figure out why atheists get their undies in such a wedgie when Christians put up a display honoring God. Atheists don't believe God exists, so why do they go all "Bill the Cat" about something they don't even believe in to begin with? It makes no sense.
That is only your opinion. How do you then define "religion" so as to exclude Satanism?
A religion is a formalized manner of worshipping God (or "a" god). Satan is not a god, ergo, the worship of him is not a religion---it's simply a way of mocking and denigrating the Christian religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A religion is a formalized manner of worshipping God (or "a" god). Satan is not a god, ergo, the worship of him is not a religion---it's simply a way of mocking and denigrating the Christian religion.
So Satanists do not believe Satan is a superior being? You think it is all fake just to mock Christians.

From at least the 20th century, various new religions have emerged whose followers openly identify as Satanists or Luciferians.

Satanists can broadly be divided into two camps: the atheists or rationalists, for whom Satan/Lucifer is a symbol of values they wish to champion, and the supernaturalists, who perceive Satan/Lucifer as a being that literally exists and whom they wish to worship.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So Satanists do not believe Satan is a superior being? You think it is all fake just to mock Christians.
Oh, I have no doubt that some of them actually do believe Lucifer is a god. But that still doesn't make him one. There are heroin addicts who believe that their choice of dope isn't doing them any damage, either, but that doesn't make it so. People get into all sorts of things that are destructive to themselves and others, and they refuse to see them for what they are.
From at least the 20th century, various new religions have emerged whose followers openly identify as Satanists or Luciferians.
Fulfillment of prophecy in Holy Scripture. The end is coming....be ready.
Satanists can broadly be divided into two camps: the atheists or rationalists, for whom Satan/Lucifer is a symbol of values they wish to champion, and the supernaturalists, who perceive Satan/Lucifer as a being that literally exists and whom they wish to worship.
I couldn't care less. I don't care what they believe Satan is or isn't, I don't care what their reasons are, I don't care what they demand of us, and I don't care what they think of us. Any kind of traffic with Satan is deadly to the human soul; if someone is communicating with him, then they are placing themselves in a state of immortal peril, whether they believe that or not. Again: you can deny that water is wet, but that doesn't make you right.

Your bio states that you are Catholic. Given what revealed truth has proven about Satan, I cannot understand why you are championing this movement, or why you are defending the devil and his deluded followers. Everlasting hell is a real place; and exposing innocent schoolchildren to the possibility of delusion into worshipping its primary resident, to my way of thinking, is something to stamp out of existence at all costs.

When you stand before the Judge and He presents you with evidence that even one innocent child was led into worship of Satan, and his immortal soul was lost to God for eternity because nobody took the time to steer the child away from harmful influences, what are you going to say? "Gee, Lord, I couldn't tell him to avoid involvement with Satan because it would have violated his constitutional rights"?

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,600.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't care less.
Your care does not define what "religion" is. That is my only point. You ask, "why you are championing this movement, or why you are defending the devil and his deluded followers?" Learn how to read. I am not championing the movement not defending the devil. I do not support Satanism. I am just saying for some it is a religion and in the context of this thread how do we decide which religions can have a chaplain in schools?

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟477,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I wonder if David Koresh cult could be allowed?
Um yeah, he got slaughtered.

So there is absolutely NO way this is a 'religion' that conveys good intent for humanity.

Our country should use common sense. If it is bad for others, very much so, it ought not be allowed in public.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟72,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if David Koresh cult could be allowed?
Um yeah, he got slaughtered.

So there is absolutely NO way this is a 'religion' that conveys good intent for humanity.

Our country should use common sense. If it is bad for others, very much so, it ought not be allowed in public.
The free exercise of religion does have limitations. If it causes known harms, like refusing a diabetic child it's medicine from parents, or using illegal drugs in many cases. Thus, Koresh would be protected until it crossed the line to harm. If you go and start choosing what exactly is "good for humanity" then it is a slippery slope. By allowing all religions even the Satanists you assure that Christianity is also free. If you want a Christian nation you would have to change the U.S. Constitution. Never mind there are lots of differences between even the Christian faith.

Upvote 0