usa
✟78,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Back in the day I have used .45 cal rubber bullets (X Ring) which are still available and wax bullets outdoors in a 45 LC colt clone, 1911 and 45 LC lever. It's fun, true. But I don't have primers to spare as they are hard to find and more expensive. Also, unless primers are the lead free type, there is the lead styphenate dust that should be avoided. Don't want lead dust in the house. Sorry to be a wet blanket!

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟840,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
just found this, I just used the canning wax and had fun, there are several sites that sell wax bullets as well.
How to Make and Reload Wax Bullets
Saw an article in Guns and Ammo about 45 years ago, and they were doing just that; sealing wax (paraffin) and primers. I have never tried it.

BTW, no problem finding primers here in Canada.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Tobyjoe

Sep 24, 2020
usa
✟78,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
you aren't, only on your fun, the rest of us will enjoy this aspect of our chosen sport.
best wishes

I've already had my fun back in the day. Today, primers are dear in my locale.
You might look at X ring rubber bullets and speer plastic bullets. For rifle you
might want to try gluelits. It's hot glue injected into a bullet mold. The castboolit
forum has a long thread on making gluelits. Have fun:wave: Pic of my old Xring and speer stuff:

Attachments

• 1001FE72-9C8F-43EB-97D0-8D9C7AF7E9D7_1_201_a.jpeg
    1001FE72-9C8F-43EB-97D0-8D9C7AF7E9D7_1_201_a.jpeg
    176.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums