Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I heard that V2 was the reason for mine too. Why did V2 order this?
Here's a book that can explain it in detail:

Ugly As Sin: Why They Changed Our Churches from Sacred Places to Meeting Spaces-And How We Can Change Them Back Again​

The above book is a marvelous companion book to the following two tomes:

Why Catholics Can't Sing: The Culture of Catholicism and the Triumph of Bad Taste​

What Went Wrong With Vatican II: The Catholic Crisis Explained​

Last edited:
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟798,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Here's a book that can explain it in detail:

Ugly As Sin: Why They Changed Our Churches from Sacred Places to Meeting Spaces-And How We Can Change Them Back Again​

Amazon.com
I made a thread about chatting during Mass, no one replied to it though but it's an issue that is plaguing me.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟478,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I agree with you, it’s unconscionable to remove sacred art and statuary from any space where Catholic worship happens. It’s also unconscionable to cast sacred architecture aside in favor of some design fads from the mid 20th century.

Its both a sad fact and a source of hope that there were a lot of priests who were ordained in between the 60s and 90s fetishized Protestantism more than they revered their own Church, and tried to adapt the Church to a Protestant playbook rather than recognizing that the Church has more at her disposal within herself than Protestantism could ever hope.

Where the hope comes in is that disastrous detour is almost over and the preference for guitars, felt banners, homiletical comedy, and short sleeved clerical shirts will almost entirely die when the boomers do.
THIS beautiful Church is in ruins now... and my above post shows the close Church to me, that was built and kept open and this one was abandoned and sold. Basically, they say the upkeep was too much.
Currently the roof is off in many places.

PAST recent history:

St. Mary in D**** Pa has changed ownership since then-Bishop Donald Wuerl sold the property in 2005 for $15,000, Washington County records show. Eventually the property became home to cat rescuer who is awaiting a court appearance on charges of aggravated cruelty to animals.

The diocese also this year closed churches in California Borough, Roscoe, Fredericktown and Marianna.

A Muslim now bought it. They fixed the house but the Church is 'I don't know' status.

1716146935141.png

This is now bought and used by folks who are nonreligious and create Halloween art and items all year to attend Halloween shows.
No clue what it looks like inside, now.

1716146492561.png

THIS one annoys me because I do not see it where I live and they evidently knocked it down as a blight risk.

1716147163971.png

BUT what is very appalling is the raise in taxes of the this locale and tons of houses sit there all blight and slated for demolition that never happens.

BUT this was a risk?? ^^^

Most of down town are historical buildings they allow to just go bad.

I was told there used to be 5 Catholic Churches in the turn of the Century 1900's in this area. Used to have 15,000 people living here.
2 Churches stand today, and one is Eastern Rite Catholic and Roman Catholic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0