Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
To Singles struggling:

Truths:
We know it's never too late.
If it doesn't happen then that's good, I was called to a different path.
There will always be singles available.
There's a lot to be thankful for & enjoy.
It is wrong to be upset, not because it makes us feel bad, but because it is sin & unfaithful to God.
We know God works miracles. Maybe it's just a little bit longer. Good things take time.
We know marriage doesn't satisfy.
We know God has called everyone to different paths according to his beautiful design we may not understand in the moment.
We know we should do everything without complaining, but with joy as a form of praise & thankfulness.
We know we were chosen by God & promised to him & that is sufficient.
We know God is always good.
We know there will still be a hole even if married, although maybe it'd be a smaller hole.
We know we don't know if I never date & get married, so there's no use pretending I know better than God.
We know God's immense love for us even tho we feel inadequate.
We know how he has given people to love us & us to love so we can experience love even tho we want marriage love.
We know he has given us other things to enjoy than love.
Everything works for God's glory, & because we are united to him in Christ, our glory.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think it is okay to be sorrowful or disappointed that marriage didn't happen. It's just wrong to become resentful of others or God when we experience disappointment
That can be challenging!
Another thing we can add to your list is the promise from Christ that if we have lost things for the gospel in this life that we will be rewarded in the next. Some Christians may live in areas that do not have many other Christians. They may have few marriage potentials.
I'm not sure it's good to dwell on rewards in the next. It seems too materialistic for me. I think it's best for now to just know that our hearts will be full.
Also, disappointments in life become easier to accept with time.
That seems too pessimistic for me. I don't even want to think about being disappointed if I never get married! Unless you know you'll be married & you're just saying breakups or leads before that are your disappointments you're referring to.

Sorry I just destroyed your contributions. But we will count them. Post more, good people!

• Prayers
Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
To Singles struggling:

Truths:
It is wrong to be upset, not because it makes us feel bad, but because it is sin & unfaithful to God.
We know God works miracles. Maybe it's just a little bit longer. Good things take time.
We know God has called everyone to different paths according to his beautiful design we may not understand in the moment.
We know we should do everything without complaining, but with joy as a form of praise & thankfulness.
We know there will still be a hole even if married, although maybe it'd be a smaller hole.
We know we don't know if I never date & get married, so there's no use pretending I know better than God.
We know how he has given people to love us & us to love so we can experience love even tho we want marriage love.
Everything works for God's glory, & because we are united to him in Christ, our glory.
We know that we are too easily satisfied and too easily dissatisfied with what satisfied us earlier. We know that we then complain as if it was not our fault.
We know that where we are is where God intended for us to be at this point in life.
We know that this life is not for this life.
We know that this life is not about us.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that we are too easily satisfied and too easily dissatisfied with what satisfied us earlier. We know that we then complain as if it was not our fault.
We know that where we are is where God intended for us to be at this point in life.
We know that this life is not for this life.
We know that this life is not about us.
I like the these! Very good! I like the 1st 1. I KNOW when I get married I'll look back I wish had enjoyed my time as single more!!!

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟797,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
YankeeGirl said:
Another thing we can add to your list is the promise from Christ that if we have lost things for the gospel in this life that we will be rewarded in the next. Some Christians may live in areas that do not have many other Christians. They may have few marriage potentials.

I'm not sure it's good to dwell on rewards in the next. It seems too materialistic for me. I think it's best for now to just know that our hearts will be full.
Well, if God mentions it, there's certainly good reason for thinking of it. I tend to think that what is important to a person can be so in different ways. What is important to a person, merely by way of presumption or external influences, will be set back to proper proportion in the life to come. But what is of that person's endemic personality will be answered in the next. Those that belong to God will be completely satisfied in every way.

But yes, that is not the whole story by a long shot. Neither this life nor the next is about what we have missed in what this life has to offer, but what we miss in what the next life to offer. God himself is the purpose of it all.

• Agree
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟908,675.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Single is what we are. Married is what we may never be.

Many people don’t marry, it is what it is. Waiting around with life on pause for something that never comes will only lead to bitterness and regret.

Just enjoy being single.

Being single is great. You get to be selfish. You get to make decisions with only your own interests in mind. You can move around the world if you wanted. Be an individual, because any successful couple with comprise of two individuals, and for many people an individual is all they’ll be.

It’s a shame if marriage doesn’t happen, sure, but you can still live a fulfilling life.

Reactions: TheLastGeek
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Single is what we are. Married is what we may never be.

Many people don’t marry, it is what it is. Waiting around with life on pause for something that never comes will only lead to bitterness and regret.

Just enjoy being single.

Being single is great. You get to be selfish. You get to make decisions with only your own interests in mind. You can move around the world if you wanted. Be an individual, because any successful couple with comprise of two individuals, and for many people an individual is all they’ll be.

It’s a shame if marriage doesn’t happen, sure, but you can still live a fulfilling life.
I do not have your spirit, & I like mine, but it doesn’t have to lead to bitterness & regret if it doesn't get what it desires or have to be destroyed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To Singles struggling:

Truths:
Just a few comments from this wizened old woman:
It's not wrong to be upset. It's never wrong to feel your own feelings. Acknowledge them, understand them, then bring them to God to sort through them.
A loving, Godly marriage can be immensely satisfying. Granted, your spouse will never be your be-all and end-all of existence, but a God-blessed marriage is one of the greatest joys this side of Heaven.
There's no need to have any "holes". We may always yearn to be with our Lord, but that's not what I'd call a hole. It IS possible for a person to lead a satisfied, fulfilled Christian life.

There's a lot of wise stuff here otherwise, so well said.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Just a few comments from this wizened old woman:
It's not wrong to be upset. It's never wrong to feel your own feelings. Acknowledge them, understand them, then bring them to God to sort through them.
My goodness, it's confusing, I can't sort thru them.
A loving, Godly marriage can be immensely satisfying. Granted, your spouse will never be your be-all and end-all of existence, but a God-blessed marriage is one of the greatest joys this side of Heaven.
yes
There's no need to have any "holes". We may always yearn to be with our Lord, but that's not what I'd call a hole. It IS possible for a person to lead a satisfied, fulfilled Christian life.
That's probably true.
There's a lot of wise stuff here otherwise, so well said.
Thank you. I am trying to think pure. (not easy).

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Truth: No one ever said I won't get married. People may've said I'm not ready, or laugh when I tell them I want to get married, but that's not the same. I know a lot of people would like to see me married.

Truth: I've met a lot of nice girls, both single & married. They are not all rude. IDK why that lie still comes in. I s/ make a list. I've even had 'friendships' with ones. (I guess I don't really picture them as friendships, especially b/c they tended to be short-lived)

Truth: The decision to be single has been as much my choice

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Truth: DragonFox won't be single forever.
Why you say that, Reese?
However, the first four to six months of that relationship will hit you so hard it'll send you left.

Please prepare.

You've been warned.
I'd think those would be the easiest b/c it's still exciting? I told my buddy you said that, he said it's b/c you're still adjusting to her routines (or his routines if you're woman here). I could see it b/c you're still building chemistry.
If there's someone God absolutely doesn't want you to be with, He will stop it.

I'm glad He did that for me that one time.
That's interesting to think about. But we can add that as a different truth. I was referring to how if someone was as really really really desperate as they think they are, they could probably get one fairly easily. Would it be their dream person, or would it be the right person for them? Probably not, but they (we) decided it's best being single for now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I may get pushback on this one, but one thing I hear all the time that can make me feel down is ‘you have to do it young because you will get a healthy child.’

This is a lie.

Truth: The age you have children is no guarantee of a healthy child.

Who determines what makes a child healthy? What are the qualifications? Jesus has something to say about this I just shared in Bible Verses thread. Doing it young has no guarantee you get healthy child. You get who God gives you for his glory & not what you think is good in your sinfulness..

So what happens it a lot of people rush when they’re young, thinking they’ll get a healthy child, & then God says, nope, I have someone different for you, & they’re blind-sided.

It’s a lie to discourage people it’s taking time with, & a lie to encourage rushing .

But now there’s a new problem (or old problem more prominent): people know there’s no guarantee so don’t even what to bother at all. This is a problem because I belive it’s rootedness in some selfishness & a misunderstanding of what a healthy child is.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟74,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I may get pushback on this one, but one thing I hear all the time that can make me feel down is ‘you have to do it young because you will get a healthy child.’

This is a lie.

Truth: The age you have children is no guarantee of a healthy child.

Who determines what makes a child healthy? What are the qualifications?

You're right.

Women can have a child with Down Syndrome no matter what age.

Experts say that older men are at higher risk of having unhealthy children. But the thing is, my dad was in his 40s when he had me and in his 20s when he had my half sister. I'm healthier than her.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟217,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You're right.

Women can have a child with Down Syndrome no matter what age.

Experts say that older men are at higher risk of having unhealthy children. But the thing is, my dad was in his 40s when he had me and in his 20s when he had my half sister. I'm healthier than her.
According to who?

Upvote 0