• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Told I'm going to hell by voices

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm scared I'm going to hell because voices tell me so help.
What did Jesus say? He said that He wants everyone to be saved, He said that if you accept Him you will spend eternity with Him. So who do you believe?

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟200,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm scared I'm going to hell because voices tell me so help.

Are you treated? That would be the first thing I would suggest.

Secondly, I don't think you have demons because demons would want to prevent you from telling us these things. You are reaching out for help and that is a good sign. I have been diagnosed with Schizoaffective Disorder. I have very few psychotic symptoms today because I am treated for mental illness. Get on medication and see a good therapist.

I'll try and pray for you as well.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟427,470.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s so hard to get the upper hand on voices, but medication helps. Look at Jesse he’s smiling now, not up tight at all. If you hate those voices don’t believe them and fight what you think they are trying to do to you. Take thoughts captive sniff remember the scriptures that help. Because yo can do all things in Christ who strengthens you’.

you have to obey God in your relationship.

Upvote 0

surreal_platypus

Aug 24, 2022
Minnesota
✟11,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You need to recognize as convincing as the voices might be, they are just the mental illness. Speaking hypothetically even if the voices were spiritual, it would be the devil's nature to not come as a voice you would interpret as being the devil but to be deceptive so you actually think it's God or an angel so you are convinced you are really going to hell. I say pay this voice no mind, ignore it to the best of your ability, debating with it will just give it more power.

Upvote 0