New Jersey
✟338,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wikipedia has a list, if you want to skim through it: Time Person of the Year - Wikipedia

I was about to post saying "no, no female clergy on the list", but I found one. In 1975, Time's person of the year was "American women". In that issue, they highlighted a number of particular women, including Allison Cheek, one of the first female Episcopal priests in the United States. You can read her story here (Alison Cheek - Wikipedia), and the story of the Philadelphia Eleven here (Philadelphia Eleven - Wikipedia).

So, yes, a woman priest has been a Time person of the year.

Upvote 0

Love365

Jul 23, 2020
Kentucky
✟97,670.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Wikipedia has a list, if you want to skim through it: Time Person of the Year - Wikipedia

I was about to post saying "no, no female clergy on the list", but I found one. In 1975, Time's person of the year was "American women". In that issue, they highlighted a number of particular women, including Allison Cheek, one of the first female Episcopal priests in the United States. You can read her story here (Alison Cheek - Wikipedia), and the story of the Philadelphia Eleven here (Philadelphia Eleven - Wikipedia).

So, yes, a woman priest has been a Time person of the year.
A woman bishop was on the cover of TIME.
Back in 2017.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟338,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
A woman bishop was on the cover of TIME.
Back in 2017.

Thanks for the reference. Google tells me that it was the Rt. Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori, who was the presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church from 2006-2015.

Seriously, if this is important to you, come check out the Episcopal Church. My bishop right now, here in the diocese of New Jersey, is a woman. Several of our local parish priests are women. We have liturgy and history and tradition and bishops in apostolic succession, and we also fully affirm women at all levels of lay and ordained ministry. You might be happy in our church.

Reactions: Love365
Upvote 0