Visit site
✟478,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Ragsdale is an Episcopal priest who has been outspoken about abortion rights, LGBTQ equality, and public policy issues affecting women and families throughout her career. She has testified before the U.S. Congress as well as numerous state legislatures about the importance of abortion access and was a featured speaker at the 2004 March for Women’s Lives in Washington, DC.

:sorry:

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ragsdale is an Episcopal priest who has been outspoken about abortion rights, LGBTQ equality, and public policy issues affecting women and families throughout her career. She has testified before the U.S. Congress as well as numerous state legislatures about the importance of abortion access and was a featured speaker at the 2004 March for Women’s Lives in Washington, DC.

Man, this is sickening. I will summarize this article later, as I am in the process of helping another person in another thread. Remember, as Christians, abortion may only be used if both mother and child are at high risk of dying, such as with an ectopic pregnancy, incest or r*pe. But, we must try and choose life. If atheists really want to abort, it is their call, but not us as Christians. Me personally, I am okay if a woman is ordained in ministry, as long as the woman is ethical and follows Biblical teaching, but I am just here to summarize the article for those who want condensed material.

Here is the article's summary:

Fr. Dwight Longenecker's article, published on October 30, 2019, focuses on the appointment of The Very Reverend Katherine Hancock Ragsdale as the President and CEO of the National Abortion Federation (NAF). Ragsdale is an Episcopal priest who has been vocal about abortion rights, LGBTQ equality, and women's issues throughout her career. She has testified before the U.S. Congress and state legislatures regarding the importance of abortion access and has been an advocate for abortion providers.

Ragsdale, who is openly lesbian, was married to Rev. Mally Lloyd at Boston's Episcopal Cathedral in 2011, with the Bishop officiating the ceremony. Longenecker views this appointment as further confirmation of the "pagan, feminist direction" of mainstream Protestant churches. He also mentions Rev. Emilie Smith, a lesbian Anglican priest, who was present at the Pachamama ceremonies in Rome earlier that month.

Longenecker expresses shock and amazement at Ragsdale's appointment, as she is a Christian minister who not only defends abortion but leads an organization dedicated to promoting it. He also criticizes Catholic bishops for their silence on politicians like Joe Biden, who supports abortion and has conducted a gay wedding, using the example of Bishop Malooley of Wilmington Delaware. Bishop Malooley's response to Biden's abortion stance was to keep the lines of communication open and avoid politicizing the Eucharist as a way of communicating Catholic Church teachings.

Longenecker's article aims to shed light on the interconnectedness of paganism, witchcraft, abortion, homosexuality, feminism, and women's ordination in contemporary society. He questions why no one seems to be shocked or amazed by these developments and calls for a stronger stance from religious leaders on moral issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟478,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Man, this is sickening. I will summarize this article later, as I am in the process of helping another person in another thread. Remember, as Christians, abortion may only be used if both mother and child are at high risk of dying, such as with an ectopic pregnancy, incest or r*pe. But, we must try and choose life. If atheists really want to abort, it is their call, but not us as Christians. Me personally, I am okay if a woman is ordained in ministry, as long as the woman is ethical and follows Biblical teaching, but I am just here to summarize the article for those who want condensed material.

Here is the article's summary:

Fr. Dwight Longenecker's article, published on October 30, 2019, focuses on the appointment of The Very Reverend Katherine Hancock Ragsdale as the President and CEO of the National Abortion Federation (NAF). Ragsdale is an Episcopal priest who has been vocal about abortion rights, LGBTQ equality, and women's issues throughout her career. She has testified before the U.S. Congress and state legislatures regarding the importance of abortion access and has been an advocate for abortion providers.

Ragsdale, who is openly lesbian, was married to Rev. Mally Lloyd at Boston's Episcopal Cathedral in 2011, with the Bishop officiating the ceremony. Longenecker views this appointment as further confirmation of the "pagan, feminist direction" of mainstream Protestant churches. He also mentions Rev. Emilie Smith, a lesbian Anglican priest, who was present at the Pachamama ceremonies in Rome earlier that month.

Longenecker expresses shock and amazement at Ragsdale's appointment, as she is a Christian minister who not only defends abortion but leads an organization dedicated to promoting it. He also criticizes Catholic bishops for their silence on politicians like Joe Biden, who supports abortion and has conducted a gay wedding, using the example of Bishop Malooley of Wilmington Delaware. Bishop Malooley's response to Biden's abortion stance was to keep the lines of communication open and avoid politicizing the Eucharist as a way of communicating Catholic Church teachings.

Longenecker's article aims to shed light on the interconnectedness of paganism, witchcraft, abortion, homosexuality, feminism, and women's ordination in contemporary society. He questions why no one seems to be shocked or amazed by these developments and calls for a stronger stance from religious leaders on moral issues.
Ectopic only is permissible for Catholics, and it is not abortion.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟478,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ALL listed are polar opposites to Christianity.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟478,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Correct, but some people may make the excuse that ectopic pregnancies are abortion.
But it is not a chosen.
This 'priest' calls abortionists saints. I'm gonna gag.
How many people who attend that are being led into mortal sins.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟139,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But it is not a chosen.
This 'priest' calls abortionists saints. I'm gonna gag.
How many people who attend that are being led into mortal sins.
Yeah, that priest should not be preaching. Her teachings are disgusting. She is a false teacher. Abortionists are not saints at all.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,256,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

In her religion I guess they are saints then. I am happy not to have to recognize them as saints however, nor her as a priest.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟478,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The Episcopal Church is getting smaller and smaller. They’ll be a day of reckoning for those who support abortion.

Too many problems with that church now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0