Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Be careful with what מסורה Messure you מסורה Measure, for the same will be מסורה Measured out to you.

What did you suppose Yeshuah was referring to when he said מסורה? If not the Scriptures?!?
וּמִחוּצָה לַשַּׁעַר הַפְּנִימִי לִשְׁכוֹת שָׁרִים, בֶּחָצֵר הַפְּנִימִי אֲשֶׁר אֶל-כֶּתֶף שַׁעַר הַצָּפוֹן, וּפְנֵיהֶם, דֶּרֶךְ הַדָּרוֹם; אֶחָד, אֶל-כֶּתֶף שַׁעַר הַקָּדִים, פְּנֵי, דֶּרֶךְ הַצָּפֹן.44 And without the inner gate were chambers for the guard in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate, and their prospect was toward the south; one at the side of the east gate having the prospect toward the north.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
וּמִחוּצָה לַשַּׁעַר הַפְּנִימִי לִשְׁכוֹת שָׁרִים, בֶּחָצֵר הַפְּנִימִי אֲשֶׁר אֶל-כֶּתֶף שַׁעַר הַצָּפוֹן, וּפְנֵיהֶם, דֶּרֶךְ הַדָּרוֹם; אֶחָד, אֶל-כֶּתֶף שַׁעַר הַקָּדִים, פְּנֵי, דֶּרֶךְ הַצָּפֹן.44 And without the inner gate were chambers for the guard in the inner court, which was at the side of the north gate, and their prospect was toward the south; one at the side of the east gate having the prospect toward the north.
To paraphrase. Yhdh held the consonants while Efrayim held the vowels. When the kingdom seperated the song acquitted because of yhdh.
But as promised there was never a remnant song lost wholly. Because the poor knew the dove.
The only argument now days is chantilly semantics from those outside the House.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,996.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
@Laureate , I was recently watching the third podcast in the series, 'The Christian Roots of the Jewish Faith' again. It is entitled, "The Aramaic "Onkelos" is not a Literal translation! | Part 3 | Case for Messiah" <= Click on this link and watch the first 7 minutes. Then tell me what the Masorets thought of their own translation of Torah.

Yahudim the presentation you linked has nothing to do with the Masorete or the Mesorah, it is a comparison of the Targum with the LXX, the Targum (aka Onkelos) is a particular Paraphrasal of the Torah, (that does not quite measure up to a Translation), accompanied by Talmudic Commentary;

Neither is there any Masorete offering any opinion concerning the two books.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Be careful with what מסורה Messure you מסורה Measure, for the same will be מסורה Measured out to you.

What did you suppose Yeshuah was referring to when he said מסורה? If not the Scriptures?!?
I apologize for the misunderstanding, This was not directed towards you personally, it is a passage where Yeshuah uses the word Masorah (or equivalent thereof) to point out how we Read the Scripture.

No Hebrew text that I can find contains the word you have used in the instance you have provided, which appears to be taken from Mark 4:24, while Matthew 7:2 contains a similar statement using the same Greek words, metron, (a measure, noun), and metreo, (to measure, verb).

Matthew 7:2 Shem Tov
באיזה דין תדונו ובאיזה מדה תמודו ימודד לכם

Matthew 7:2 Hebrew Bible
כי במשפט אשר אתם שפטים בו תשפטו ובמדה אשר אתם מדדים בה ימד לכם׃
Hebrew Bible (Matthew 7)

Mark 4:24 Hebrew Bible
ויאמר אליהם ראו מה אתם שמעים במדה אשר אתם מודדים בה ימד לכם ועוד יוסף לכם השמעים׃
Hebrew Bible (Mark 4)

H4055, H4058, H4059, and H4060 are all essentially the same word, including the verb, (H4058), and may be found all over the Tanakh beginning with Exodus 16:18.

Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No Hebrew text that I can find contains the word you have used in the instance you have provided, which appears to be taken from Mark 4:24, while Matthew 7:2 contains a similar statement using the same Greek words, metron, (a measure, noun), and metreo, (to measure, verb).

Matthew 7:2 Shem Tov
באיזה דין תדונו ובאיזה מדה תמודו ימודד לכם

Matthew 7:2 Hebrew Bible
כי במשפט אשר אתם שפטים בו תשפטו ובמדה אשר אתם מדדים בה ימד לכם׃
Hebrew Bible (Matthew 7)

Mark 4:24 Hebrew Bible
ויאמר אליהם ראו מה אתם שמעים במדה אשר אתם מודדים בה ימד לכם ועוד יוסף לכם השמעים׃
Hebrew Bible (Mark 4)

H4055, H4058, H4059, and H4060 are all essentially the same word, including the verb, (H4058), and may be found all over the Tanakh beginning with Exodus 16:18.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Right, traditions, not measures.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Moral measures based on traditions of discipline is what was being addressed.

That sure appears to be an extremely biased reading of the Testimony of the Master in the passages addressed in order to say essentially what Laureate also appears to be saying. In the Matthew passage he is speaking about how we judge others. In the Mark passage he is speaking to his talmidim about what they hear in his words and teachings, and therefore in that passage it is also about the scripture: but it is not about pointing which did not even exist in that time.

Matthew 7:1-5 ASV
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Mark 4:21-25 ASV
21 And he said unto them, Is the lamp brought to be put under the bushel, or under the bed, and not to be put on the stand?
22 For there is nothing hid, save that it should be manifested; neither was anything made secret, but that it should come to light.
23 If any man hath ears to hear, let him hear.
24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete it shall be measured unto you; and more shall be given unto you.
25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Moreover the Luke companion passage to the Mark statement says, instead, Take heed therefore how you hear, so it is about your perception of the what he says and what is written, and that would much more likely refer to your own mindset, whether it is of a carnal, natural, and physical mindset, or a supernal (of above) and spiritual mindset, and by the surrounding context it is surely the companion passage to the Mark passage.

Luke 8:16-18 ASV
16 And no man, when he hath lighted a lamp, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but putteth it on a stand, that they that enter in may see the light.
17 For nothing is hid, that shall not be made manifest; nor anything secret, that shall not be known and come to light.
18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he thinketh he hath.

By no stretch of the imagination is this speaking about niqqud or vowel pointing.
Deuteronomy 30:10-20 ~ Choose Life in how you hear what you hear.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That sure appears to be an extremely biased reading of the Testimony of the Master in the passages addressed in order to say essentially what Laureate also appears to be saying. In the Matthew passage he is speaking about how we judge others. In the Mark passage he is speaking to his talmidim about what they hear in his words and teachings, and therefore in that passage it is also about the scripture: but it is not about pointing which did not even exist in that time.

Matthew 7:1-5 ASV
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured unto you.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me cast out the mote out of thine eye; and lo, the beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Mark 4:21-25 ASV
21 And he said unto them, Is the lamp brought to be put under the bushel, or under the bed, and not to be put on the stand?
22 For there is nothing hid, save that it should be manifested; neither was anything made secret, but that it should come to light.
23 If any man hath ears to hear, let him hear.
24 And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete it shall be measured unto you; and more shall be given unto you.
25 For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he hath.

Moreover the Luke companion passage to the Mark statement says, instead, Take heed therefore how you hear, so it is about your perception of the what he says and what is written, and that would much more likely refer to your own mindset, whether it is of a carnal, natural, and physical mindset, or a supernal (of above) and spiritual mindset, and by the surrounding context it is surely the companion passage to the Mark passage.

Luke 8:16-18 ASV
16 And no man, when he hath lighted a lamp, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but putteth it on a stand, that they that enter in may see the light.
17 For nothing is hid, that shall not be made manifest; nor anything secret, that shall not be known and come to light.
18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that which he thinketh he hath.

By no stretch of the imagination is this speaking about niqqud or vowel pointing.
Deuteronomy 30:10-20 ~ Choose Life in how you hear what you hear.
מְּשׂוּרָה Means measure in both traditional discipline and the literal. Although @Laureate used a samek in their spelling I understood the context. The power is in the tongue of Speech which includes vowels.
Leviticus 19 q'doshm
לג וְכִי-יָגוּר אִתְּךָ גֵּר, בְּאַרְצְכֶם--לֹא תוֹנוּ, אֹתוֹ.33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong.
לד כְּאֶזְרָח מִכֶּם יִהְיֶה לָכֶם הַגֵּר הַגָּר אִתְּכֶם, וְאָהַבְתָּ לוֹ כָּמוֹךָ--כִּי-גֵרִים הֱיִיתֶם, בְּאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם: אֲנִי, יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם.34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the home-born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
לה לֹא-תַעֲשׂוּ עָוֶל, בַּמִּשְׁפָּט, בַּמִּדָּה, בַּמִּשְׁקָל וּבַמְּשׂוּרָה.35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
לו מֹאזְנֵי צֶדֶק אַבְנֵי-צֶדֶק, אֵיפַת צֶדֶק וְהִין צֶדֶק--יִהְיֶה לָכֶם: אֲנִי יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם, אֲשֶׁר-הוֹצֵאתִי אֶתְכֶם מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם.36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
לז וּשְׁמַרְתֶּם אֶת-כָּל-חֻקֹּתַי וְאֶת-כָּל-מִשְׁפָּטַי, וַעֲשִׂיתֶם אֹתָם: אֲנִי, יְהוָה. {פ}37 And ye shall observe all My statutes, and all Mine ordinances, and do them: I am the LORD. {P}
Proverbs 18
כא מָוֶת וְחַיִּים, בְּיַד-לָשׁוֹן; וְאֹהֲבֶיהָ, יֹאכַל פִּרְיָהּ.21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that indulge it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The power is in the tongue of Speech which includes vowels.
The corruption of YHWH's word takes place when some alter the vowels to create new words to support their dogma.

(CLV) Ezk 44:15
Yet the Levitical priests, sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of My sanctuary when the sons of Israel strayed from Me, they shall come near to Me to minister to Me, and they will stand before Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood, averring is my Lord Yahweh.

(CLV) Ezk 44:23
They shall direct My people to distinguish between the holy and the profane, and they shall inform them the difference between the unclean and the clean.

(CLV) Ezk 44:24
In a controversy it is they who shall officiate in judgment; in accord with My ordinances, thus they will judge it; My laws and My statutes shall they observe at all My appointed times, and My sabbaths shall they hallow.

Not the Masoretes, not the Persians.

Dogma was nailed to the stake, along with Yahshua. Wouldn't you agree?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
מְּשׂוּרָה Means measure in both traditional discipline and the literal. Although @Laureate used a samek in their spelling I understood the context. The power is in the tongue of Speech which includes vowels.
Leviticus 19 q'doshm
לג וְכִי-יָגוּר אִתְּךָ גֵּר, בְּאַרְצְכֶם--לֹא תוֹנוּ, אֹתוֹ.33 And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not do him wrong.
לד כְּאֶזְרָח מִכֶּם יִהְיֶה לָכֶם הַגֵּר הַגָּר אִתְּכֶם, וְאָהַבְתָּ לוֹ כָּמוֹךָ--כִּי-גֵרִים הֱיִיתֶם, בְּאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם: אֲנִי, יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם.34 The stranger that sojourneth with you shall be unto you as the home-born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.
לה לֹא-תַעֲשׂוּ עָוֶל, בַּמִּשְׁפָּט, בַּמִּדָּה, בַּמִּשְׁקָל וּבַמְּשׂוּרָה.35 Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment, in meteyard, in weight, or in measure.
לו מֹאזְנֵי צֶדֶק אַבְנֵי-צֶדֶק, אֵיפַת צֶדֶק וְהִין צֶדֶק--יִהְיֶה לָכֶם: אֲנִי יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵיכֶם, אֲשֶׁר-הוֹצֵאתִי אֶתְכֶם מֵאֶרֶץ מִצְרָיִם.36 Just balances, just weights, a just ephah, and a just hin, shall ye have: I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
לז וּשְׁמַרְתֶּם אֶת-כָּל-חֻקֹּתַי וְאֶת-כָּל-מִשְׁפָּטַי, וַעֲשִׂיתֶם אֹתָם: אֲנִי, יְהוָה. {פ}37 And ye shall observe all My statutes, and all Mine ordinances, and do them: I am the LORD. {P}
Proverbs 18
כא מָוֶת וְחַיִּים, בְּיַד-לָשׁוֹן; וְאֹהֲבֶיהָ, יֹאכַל פִּרְיָהּ.21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue; and they that indulge it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Both the Deut 30:10-20 passage and the Luke 8:18 statement which I quoted prove that there never was a pointing system and that there was never meant to be a pointing system. This is painfully obvious because there is a choice in the Torah, just as Mosheh warns in the Deuteronomy passage, and yet those choices in how we hear and understand what is written have essentially been removed in the pointed Masoretic text, (and Strong's Concordance and numbering system), by way of vowel pointing so that the commentary embedded into the Hebrew text in the Masorete version literally points the reader straight into the Pharisaic mindset and understanding of the Torah. This has been shown time and time again in several of my own threads wherein you were the only other poster.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Both the Deut 30:10-20 passage and the Luke 8:18 statement which I quoted prove that there never was a pointing system and that there was never meant to be a pointing system. This is painfully obvious because there is a choice in the Torah, just as Mosheh warns in the Deuteronomy passage, and yet those choices in how we hear and understand what is written have essentially been removed in the pointed Masoretic text, (and Strong's Concordance and numbering system), by way of vowel pointing so that the commentary embedded into the Hebrew text in the Masorete version literally points the reader straight into the Pharisaic mindset and understanding of the Torah. This has been shown time and time again in several of my own threads wherein you were the only other poster.
I've seen this response many times now.
But have you ever considered that 22 consonants are the scabberd to an number of vowels sharpened over a living stone with water, a method of discipline to provide forthwith.

It seems to me that you and @Hark fear what is K'dsh. And then react instinctively with disdain.

Am I correct ?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've seen this response many times now.
But have you ever considered that 22 consonants are the scabberd to an number of vowels sharpened over a living stone with water, a method of discipline to provide forthwith.

It seems to me that you and @Hark fear what is K'dsh. And then react instinctively with disdain.

Am I correct ?

From Chabad (linked below, all emphasis mine).

History of Tiberias
Herod Antipas, son of Herod the Great, built the city in 17 BCE, naming it in honor of the Roman emperor Tiberius. Tiberias became the capital of the Galilee, replacing nearby Tzippori. The new city was set in a beautiful locale, along the shore of the Kinneret, near natural mineral hot springs with health giving properties. However, it was also the site of an ancient cemetery. As such it was ritually unclean, and Jews refused to live there. Antipas forced some Jews from the Galilean countryside to move into his showcase town, but for the next two centuries most Jews shunned Tiberias.

Meanwhile, the Jewish nation was undergoing a crisis. In 69 CE, Jerusalem and the Second Temple were destroyed. Shortly before Jerusalem was destroyed, Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakkai snuck out of the besieged city and established Yavneh as the new center for Jewish learning and leadership (click here for the full story), a response which later inspired German poet Heinriche Heine to call the Torah the "portable homeland of the Jew."

For the next seventy years, the Sanhedrin would meet in Yavneh and then later in the small agricultural village of Usha. After the Bar Kochba rebellion was quashed in 135 CE, virtually all Jewish life was wiped out of the entire southern Judean region. At this point, the Jewish center moved to the northern Galilee region. Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai purified Tiberias of its graves (see below), and Tiberias, as well as neighboring Tzippori, became the main centers of Jewish learning and culture.

Following the death of Rabbi Judah the Prince in c. 220, the Sanhedrin made its final migration from Tzippori to Tiberias. From then on, Tiberias would remain the center of the diminished Jewish society of the land of Israel until the tenth century.

In 358, following another Jewish revolt (known as the War against Gallus) the Roman emperor disbanded the Sanhedrin. Despite these persecutions, the sages worked on compiling the Talmud. Around 400, the "Jerusalem Talmud" was canonized in Tiberias.

In the latter half of the millennium, Tiberias, now under Muslim control, was the home of the Masoretes (Mesorah means "transmission"), scholars who were concerned with the accurate transmission of the biblical texts. These grammarians also introduced the vowel notation system for Hebrew that is still used today. The Aleppo Codex, which can now be seen in the Shrine of the Book in Jerusalem, is credited to the greatest of the Masoretes, Aaron ben Asher. During this era, Tiberias was struck by several major earthquakes which devastated most of the city.
Chabad - Tiberias

Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai spent thirteen years in a cave hiding from the Romans. Due to a dearth of clothing, he spent most of the time buried up to his neck in sand. As a result, his skin wasn't in great condition when he finally left the cave, so he went to bathe in the hot springs of Tiberias and was cured. When he gratefully asked the people of Tiberias what he could do for them, they asked him to find a remedy for the city's ritual impurity, so that Jews would want to come and live there. He miraculously caused all the corpses in the city to rise to the surface of the ground, and they were removed.
Chabad - Tiberias

Other sources say this was a kabbalistic ritual to raise the dead so that the bodies could be buried elsewhere.

The Synagogue at Tiberias:

Sol / Helios
Sol-2048x936.jpg

Mosaic Decoration at the Hammath Tiberias Synagogue

Tiny cube-shaped pieces of cut stone and glass combine to form a mosaic image of a god, a beautiful young male with curly hair and a radiant crown of seven rays of light. He raises his right hand as if signaling his mastery of the cosmos. In his left hand, he holds an orb (representing the sun) and a whip to urge his horses forward. He once stood in a quadriga, a chariot pulled by four horses, now destroyed by the later addition of a wall, though their hooves can still be seen. This 4th-century mosaic depicts the indomitable Roman sun god Sol, known in Greek as Helios.

So then, they rejected the Meshiah but had no problem with the Greek and Roman sun gods, Helios and Sol. Then they raised the dead with a kabbalistic ritual because the city they desired to dwell in was built on a cemetery by Herod Antipas. Then they exhumed all the bodies and bones and buried the former bodies of the formerly dead somewhere else, proclaimed the city to be cleansed, set up shop, and sat down to finalize the Jerusalem Talmud and begin working on the Masoretic Text.

You and I have entirely different ideas about what is Qodesh.

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

History of Tiberias
Herod Antipas, son of Herod the Great, built the city in 17 BCE, naming it in honor of the Roman emperor Tiberius. Tiberias became the capital of the Galilee, replacing nearby Tzippori. The new city was set in a beautiful locale, along the shore of the Kinneret, near natural mineral hot springs with health giving properties. However, it was also the site of an ancient cemetery. As such it was ritually unclean, and Jews refused to live there. Antipas forced some Jews from the Galilean countryside to move into his showcase town, but for the next two centuries most Jews shunned Tiberias.

Meanwhile, the Jewish nation was undergoing a crisis. In 69 CE, Jerusalem and the Second Temple were destroyed. Shortly before Jerusalem was destroyed, Rabbi Yochanan ben Zakkai snuck out of the besieged city and established Yavneh as the new center for Jewish learning and leadership (click here for the full story), a response which later inspired German poet Heinriche Heine to call the Torah the "portable homeland of the Jew."

For the next seventy years, the Sanhedrin would meet in Yavneh and then later in the small agricultural village of Usha. After the Bar Kochba rebellion was quashed in 135 CE, virtually all Jewish life was wiped out of the entire southern Judean region. At this point, the Jewish center moved to the northern Galilee region. Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai purified Tiberias of its graves (see below), and Tiberias, as well as neighboring Tzippori, became the main centers of Jewish learning and culture.

Following the death of Rabbi Judah the Prince in c. 220, the Sanhedrin made its final migration from Tzippori to Tiberias. From then on, Tiberias would remain the center of the diminished Jewish society of the land of Israel until the tenth century.

In 358, following another Jewish revolt (known as the War against Gallus) the Roman emperor disbanded the Sanhedrin. Despite these persecutions, the sages worked on compiling the Talmud. Around 400, the "Jerusalem Talmud" was canonized in Tiberias.

In the latter half of the millennium, Tiberias, now under Muslim control, was the home of the Masoretes (Mesorah means "transmission"), scholars who were concerned with the accurate transmission of the biblical texts. These grammarians also introduced the vowel notation system for Hebrew that is still used today. The Aleppo Codex, which can now be seen in the Shrine of the Book in Jerusalem, is credited to the greatest of the Masoretes, Aaron ben Asher. During this era, Tiberias was struck by several major earthquakes which devastated most of the city.
Chabad - Tiberias

Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai spent thirteen years in a cave hiding from the Romans. Due to a dearth of clothing, he spent most of the time buried up to his neck in sand. As a result, his skin wasn't in great condition when he finally left the cave, so he went to bathe in the hot springs of Tiberias and was cured. When he gratefully asked the people of Tiberias what he could do for them, they asked him to find a remedy for the city's ritual impurity, so that Jews would want to come and live there. He miraculously caused all the corpses in the city to rise to the surface of the ground, and they were removed.
Chabad - Tiberias

Other sources say this was a kabbalistic ritual to raise the dead so that the bodies could be buried elsewhere.

Sol / Helios
Sol-2048x936.jpg

Tiny cube-shaped pieces of cut stone and glass combine to form a mosaic image of a god, a beautiful young male with curly hair and a radiant crown of seven rays of light. He raises his right hand as if signaling his mastery of the cosmos. In his left hand, he holds an orb (representing the sun) and a whip to urge his horses forward. He once stood in a quadriga, a chariot pulled by four horses, now destroyed by the later addition of a wall, though their hooves can still be seen. This 4th-century mosaic depicts the indomitable Roman sun god Sol, known in Greek as Helios.

So then, they rejected the Meshiah but had no problem with the Greek and Roman sun gods, Helios and Sol. Then they raised the dead with a kabbalistic ritual because the city they desired to dwell in was built on a cemetery by Herod Antipas. Then they exhumed all the bodies and bones and buried the former bodies of the formerly dead somewhere else, proclaimed the city to be cleansed, set up shop, and sat down to finalize the Jerusalem Talmud and begin working on the Masoretic Text.

I asked for your thoughts, not the nechama(cat)

Upvote 0

be(t)et lamed resh

Feb 1, 2024
Tx
✟18,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

History of Tiberias

Chabad - Tiberias

Chabad - Tiberias

Sol / Helios
Sol-2048x936.jpg

What th ed what?

[ In the latter half of the millennium, Tiberias, now under Muslim control, was the home of the Masoretes ]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I asked for your thoughts, not the nechama(cat)
I more prefer facts myself.
What th ed what?

[ In the latter half of the millennium, Tiberias, now under Muslim control, was the home of the Masoretes ]
Well they both followed the corrupt lunar calendar; but at least Islam recognized Yahshua as a Prophet. Too bad none of that rubbed off on those Pharisee heretics.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟146,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I more prefer facts myself.

Well they both followed the corrupt lunar calendar; but at least Islam recognized Yahshua as a Prophet. Too bad none of that rubbed off on those Pharisee heretics.
Hittites, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Hasmoneans, Pharisees, Masorets, Islamic Arabs, and delusional romantics are an incomplete list of moon worshippers. Generally speaking, the willfully ignorant may be spared the frustration of being wrong, but not the consequences. Hence, the irony with extra starch.

Yeshua had a prescription for a cure and preserved if for all men for all time.

• Informative
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hittites, Babylonians, Persians, Greeks, Hasmoneans, Pharisees, Masorets, Islamic Arabs, and delusional romantics are an incomplete list of moon worshippers. Generally speaking, the willfully ignorant may be spared the frustration of being wrong, but not the consequences. Hence, the irony with extra starch.

Yeshua had a prescription for a cure and preserved if for all men for all time.

Esteem to his baruk name.

He tried to straighten them out. They would not have been deceived with the lunar nonsense, had they accepted Jubilees and 1 Enoch as scripture.

(CLV) Mk 12:24
Jesus averred to them, "Are you not therefore deceived, not being acquainted with the scriptures, nor yet the power of God?

• Agree
Reactions: Yahudim
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟115,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I asked for your thoughts,

And those were my thoughts.
What makes you think those were not my thoughts?

not the nechama(cat)

I like to offer reasons for what I believe as well as for my thoughts on various matters. Things are not just true because someone believes them and states them to be so: truth is not relevant to each in his or her own mind, truth is absolute, regardless of whether someone chooses to believe it or not.

You've already shown that what I call holy, you all scribble, so there is no need for you to become offended at my response to your flamepost, is there? Here is my evidence for what I say:

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟146,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yahudim the presentation you linked has nothing to do with the Masorete or the Mesorah, it is a comparison of the Targum with the LXX, the Targum (aka Onkelos) is a particular Paraphrasal of the Torah, (that does not quite measure up to a Translation), accompanied by Talmudic Commentary;

Neither is there any Masorete offering any opinion concerning the two books.
Perhaps you misunderstood. The Onkelos is a rabbinic translation of Torah into Aramaic.

Upvote 0