the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks, Handmaid, at least I know someone is reading my posts.
That the Lord's Day of vengeance and wrath will be a Coronal Mass Ejection explosion of the sun, is proved by the many Bible prophesies that can only be literally fulfilled by a CME.
God can do it without a CME too.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe that was something they don't want us to know.
We should pray for youtube i.m.o.
It's still an open platform for anything.
Without it i wouldn't have learnt what i have learnt.
(there is of course also a lot of misleading stuff there, also from (so called) Christians)

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,414.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We should pray for youtube i.m.o.
It's still an open platform for anything.
Without it i wouldn't have learnt what i have learnt.
(there is of course also a lot of misleading stuff there, also from (so called) Christians)
I agree.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟297,541.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
God can do it without a CME too.
God using a seemingly natural event to fulfil His judgement/punishment of the nations, is the perfect way: it will allow people to go on denying Him, but we who know the prophesies will acknowledge His power.
The precedent of what will happen was Noah's flood. God promised to never again to use water in His judgements, He never said He wouldn't judge again and the next time it will be by fire. 2 Peter 3:7, Hebrews 12:29
The prophesies detail the devastation that will be caused by this forthcoming CME. Our modern infrastructure will be gone, modern weapons, incl nukes will be destroyed and the world will never be the same again. All proved by over 100 Bible quotes.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,414.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
'Living hip' grown in lab genetically engineered to stop arthritis

By
18 July 2016 • 7:00pm

Arthritis sufferers have been offered new hope after scientists grew a ‘living hip’ in the lab which not only replaces worn cartilage but stops painful joints returning.

Researchers in the US have used stem cells to grow cartilage in the exact shape of a hip joint while also genetically engineering the tissue to release anti-inflammatory molecules to fend off the return of arthritis.

The idea is to implant the perfectly shaped cartilage around the joint to extend its life before arthritis has caused too much damage to the bone.

Severe loss of cartilage can lead to bone rubbing on bone, altering the shape of the joint and forcing the bones out of their normal position.

119879-large_trans++ZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RWtT0gK_6EfZT336f62EI5U.jpg

The 'living hip' which is grown in a lab from stem cells then transplanted in the body Credit: University of Washington
The technology is likely to work for all joints, and could offer an alternative treatment for the 160,000 people in Britain who need hip or knee replacements each year, without the need for metal prosthetics.

In the UK around eight million people suffer from osteoarthritis which occurs when cartilage which surrounds the bone joint starts to roughen and thin out, making movement difficult and painful.

The breakthrough also offers new hope for younger patients, who are often told to wait until they are older for surgery, even when in significant pain.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...lab-genetically-engineered-to-stop-arthritis/

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
The destructive judgments that fall during the tribulation will be the result of God's removal of His restraint. Even with His current restraint, we can see obvious rebound/reactions against mankind's behavior in general.

God(nor angels) is not going to be physically standing in heaven raining down asteroids, fire, plague, etc., in the way you would typically think or picture. Anyone who has studied the OT extensively would know that He typically uses agents(i.e. Assyria, Babylon, Persia, etc.). The agents of destruction will be mankind destroying one another and when Christ returns, He puts a stop to it. Otherwise they would completely destroy themselves.
This is why all mouths will be stopped before the Lord. They will have nothing to complain about because God allowed them to go down the path they chose and to see where it could have lead in regards to His creation.

Parables and ambiguity in the Bible could be considered another form of mercy. Had God elected to use specific names and speak plainly(and keep in mind when God says something, it happens no matter what), how much greater would the condemnation be against the unsaved who are lost forever? There is evidence of this concept in Matthew 11:20-24 .

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,414.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The agents of destruction will be mankind destroying one another and when Christ returns, He puts a stop to it. Otherwise they would completely destroy themselves.
Agreed. A lot of people are going to die.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Did you know the government can track you based on the air you exhale ?! Once they've taken a sample of the air from the inside of your vehicle, or a room you just occupied, they can use it to track you. Your breath is as unique as your fingerprints. This technology was developed by the East German and KGB intelligence services during the Cold War. It's actually around 45 years old.

Believe me.. I'm not a conspiracy theory wing-nut. I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic either. I know about this stuff, because of my life long law enforcement connections, and what I know only represents a fraction of what they're doing.

Sorry my friend, but this is a myth. Even now with the technology that we have, tracking someone by their breath would be more burdensome than useful... and besides, this kind of tracking would have to be using technology based on something similar to that used in biological/chemical agent detection since it will be detecting foreign complex particles you expel as opposed to the O2, CO2, N2, etc., you exhale.

With your life long law enforcement connections, you should be aware of the redox reaction used in the breathalyzer test to detect alcohol, correct? When it comes to profiling and distinguishing the air one exhales, things get a lot more complex.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
With your life long law enforcement connections, you should be aware of the redox reaction used in the breathalyzer test to detect alcohol, correct? When it comes to profiling and distinguishing the air one exhales, things get a lot more complex.

As I mentioned earlier, this science has been around for over 45 years, it doesn't even represent cutting edge technology, and was used extensively by the "Stasi" East German secret police during the Cold War era. Even more revolutionary, intelligence services have now developed the ability to identify and track individuals by their heart beat, which is as unique to every individual as their fingerprints. Computerized facial recognition is also used extensively, and has been enhanced by satellite surveillance that is so advanced, operators can now read the small print on a paperback book page you are holding from space.

Through information mining, the federal government has complied tens of millions of profiles of subversives in America, which are stored in vast computer complexes like the NSA facility located just south of Salt Lake City, Utah. They know what stores you shop at, what products you buy, which ATM machines you use, and where you prefer to gas up your car. They can remotely record every key stroke of a personal computer, activate the camera of a personal computer and use it for surveillance, record text messages on a cell phones, ease drop on any phone communication in America without a warrant. They can also use cell phones to locate an individual within six feet of where they are standing, and can activate a cell phone and use it as a microphone, even when the phone appears to be inoperative.

I'll tell you something else most Americans are unaware of. Every major branch of the Federal Government, including the FBI, CIA, NSA, DOD and the Federal Marshall's Service, routinely employ an army of psychics, who practice everything from psychometry (the ability to determine information about people and suspects by touching objects they've handled), to cold readings and psychic imaging. Why ? In simply terms, because it works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Understand, state and municipal law enforcement agencies don't generally have access to the latest technology used by the Federal government. State and city police agencies, (even in the biggest cities) rely on technology that is way out of date. For instance, lie detector machines are still regularly used by state and local municipalities, even though the results aren't conclusive enough to be admitted as evidence in a court of law.

Federal Government agencies have on the other hand discovered "brain imaging" technology, and can now conduct interrogations while neurologists review images of the human brain. Although someone can be trained to mask physiological responses and defeat a primitive polygraph test, there's apparently no way to block the complex and automatic neurological responses of the human brain to outside stimuli. As I understand it, different parts of the brain show neuro-activity under questioning indicating Yes, or No non-verbal responses.

So welcome to the Death Star Luke Skywalker, sit back in the examination chair, and prepare to have your brain emptied of all it contains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometime in 2017 an Italian neuroscientist Sergio Canavero with the help of a Chinese neurosurgeon Dr, Xioping Ren will perform the first head transplant on a human being. A Russian named Valery Spiridonov has volunteered for the gruesome procedure. During the operation, Spiridonov's body temperature will be reduced to 50 degrees Fahrenheit and he will be surgically decapitated. Using micro lazer technology his head will then be surgically attached to a recipient cadaver. A chemical called polyethylene glycol (PEG) will be used to fuse the brain stem of the donor head to the spinal cord of the cadaver. Afterwards Spiridonov will remain in a medically induced comma, while the brain stem and spinal cord heal.

The operation will likely have to be performed in a country like China, which has no ethical medical laws prohibiting such ghastly experimentation. Although Western medical science has successfully accomplished such horrific experiments in rats, and Russian scientists are rumored to have advanced the procedure using monkeys, medical experts in the West give the operation no chance of success. But what if it is successful ?

If Spiridonov does completely recover, the ethical and medical implications are staggering. Although the human brain does experience some cell degeneration during a normal life span, and disease, such as Alzheimer's and cancerous tumors, great strides are now being made to overcome these diseases. Injections of benign polio virus into cancerous brain tumors are now able to allow anti-cancer drugs and the bodies own immune system to target the tumors directly. A cure for Alzheimer's disease may not be that long in coming either. Normal brain cell degeneration from aging, is not believed to be significant enough to effect mortality. The human brain has an enormous amount of extra cell capacity, whereas the organs of the body does not.

So essentially, we are talking about immortality being medically possible in the near future.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Wow ! Is Right. This is the creepiest thing I ever heard, and yet it's a true story. I heard about it on NBC News, and had to double check it because I couldn't believe it. Just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should do it. Robert Oppenheimer faced the same dilemma, when he built the first atom bomb.

Surgically removing someone's head and transplanting it on a different body every hundred years, or so, to simulate immortality is definitely going beyond the limits of ethical science. I believe there may even be some prophetic context in the Bible where it states something about man trying to become like God in the last days. I'm still researching that.

Through genetic manipulation and biology, we can already reshape life forms. Bigger chickens, disease resistant cattle and crops. We can implant fertile eggs in surrogate mothers. The list goes on and on, and now science is on the threshold of conquering death itself. Imagine the cumulative intellect of someone who lives for thousands and thousands of years. What if that cumulative knowledge were used for evil instead of good ?

In his wisdom, God has established there shall be a natural lifespan and end to every man's life on earth. If there was ever a time when God should step in and get control of his creation, it would be now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Came across an interesting read last night. The most fascinating part of the article is found near the end. I highlighted in bold.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...ssible-as-scientists-create-live-offspring-w/

Motherless babies possible as scientists create live offspring without need for female egg

Motherless babies could be on the horizon after scientists discovered a method of creating offspring without the need for a female egg.

The landmark experiment by the University of Bath rewrites 200 years of biology teaching and could pave the way for a baby to be born from the DNA of two men.

It was always thought that only a female egg could spark the changes in a sperm required to make a baby, because an egg forms from a special kind of cell division in which just half the number of chromosomes are carried over.

Sperm cells form in the same way, so that when a sperm and egg meet they form a full genetic quota, with half our DNA coming from our mother and half from our father.

But now scientists have shown embryos could be created from cells which carry all their chromosomes which means that, in theory, any cell in the human body could be fertilised by a sperm.

Three generations of mice have already been created using the technique and are fit and healthy and now researchers are planning to test out the theory using skin cells.

Dr Tony Perry, a molecular embryologist and senior author of the study, said: “Some people say start the day with an egg, but what this paper says is that you don’t necessarily have to start development with one.

“It has been thought that only an egg cell was capable of reprogramming sperm to allow embryonic development to take place.

“Our work challenges that dogma, held since early embryologists first observed mammalian eggs in around 1827 and observed fertilisation 50 years later, that only an egg cell fertilised with a sperm cell can result in a live mammalian birth.

“We’re talking about different ways of making embryos. Imagine that you could take skin cells and make embryos from them. This would have all kinds of utility.”

For the initial experiments, scientists "tricked" an egg into developing into an embryo using special chemicals which makes the egg think it has been fertilised. Crucially the cells in an embryo copy themselves completely when they divide, and so mirror closely most other cells in the body, such as skin cells.

When scientists injected the embryos with sperm, they grew into healthy mice which went on to produce their own litters.

Although the researchers began with an egg cell for the experiment, they do not believe it is required to spark the same development. In theory, the technique should work with any cell in the body as long as half the chromosomes are removed first to allow them to fuse with the sperm’s chromosomes.

Professor Robin Lovell-Badge, group leader at The Francis Crick Institute, said: “I’m not surprised that the authors are excited about this. I think it is a very interesting paper, and a technical tour de force.

“And I am sure it will tell us something important about reprogramming at these early steps of development that are relevant to fertilisation - and perhaps more broadly about reprogramming of cell fate in other situations.

“It doesn't yet tell us how, but the paper gives a number of clear pointers.”

The technique raises the possibility that gay men, for instance, could have a child whose DNA was half of each of the couple, although a woman would still need to act as a surrogate to carry the baby.

It also raises the possibility that a man could even fertilise his own cells to produce offspring containing a mixture of genes inherited from him and his parents.

More realistically, the technique could allow women whose fertility has been wiped out by cancer drugs or radiotherapy to have their own children.

While eggs can be frozen before cancer therapy and later fertilised in an IVF clinic, currently nothing can be done once they have been lost. It may also help women to continue having children later in life. Women are born with all their eggs and they degrade with age, which makes conception more difficult in later life. But if it was possible to fertilise a new skin cell, it could improve the chance of having a baby.

Conception using sperm and non-egg cells could also aid the preservation of endangered species, since it avoids the need to recover eggs.

In the study, 30 mouse pups were born with a success rate of 24 per cent. This compares with a 1 per cent to 2 per cent success rate for offspring created by the Dolly the Sheep method of cloning by transferring DNA to donated eggs.

Some of the mice went on to have offspring themselves, and a number had offspring that went on to have their own pups. Fertility is generally seen as a sign of fitness and good health.

Dr Perry said that his team was planning to take the next step of attempting to produce live offspring from ordinary non-egg cells, such as skin cells.

Dr Paul Colville-Nash, from the Medical Research Council, which funded the study, said: "This is an exciting piece of research which may help us to understand more about how human life begins and what controls the viability of embryos, mechanisms which may be important in fertility.

"It may one day even have implications for how we treat infertility, though that's probably still a long way off."

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,417,414.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, That is a very interesting find. They have already begun development on the artificial womb. Now if they develop this eggless reproduction, men will not need women to have children. What a corruption of God's way!:eek:

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟15,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Now if they develop this eggless reproduction, men will not need women to have children. What a corruption of God's way!:eek:

I like doing it the old fashion way too, much more fun. LOL!

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟31,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For many years I was a proponent of a woman's "Right to Choose" and "Abortion on Demand". I changed my opinion years ago when I started learning about "fetal brain stem research" was being used by medicine, and how some countries still allow the use of fetal material in the production of cosmetics. That seems like a highly immoral use to me if there ever was one.

I still believe it should be a woman's choice in the event of rape or incest as to whether a woman wants to have the child or have an abortion, and unlike Donald Trump, I don't believe a woman who has an abortion should face criminal charges, even if the Supreme Court makes it illegal in the future.

Upvote 0