The Wild West
✟492,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
@Deborah~ - correct me if I’m wrong but is it not the case that the vast majority of Baptist churches in the SBC, ABC and other major Baptist denominations do celebrate Easter? I was not aware of any major controversy within the SBC or other mainstream Baptist denominations about the celebration of Easter.

Upvote 0

Deborah~

Christ our Passover
Feb 18, 2017
Mobile, AL
✟25,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I don't agree with this. Yehovah is the true Hebrew name of God as known by the Jews forever.
You may find this interesting, especially at about 8:00.
Very interesting. Led me to new rabbit holes of research and I must say, if this is all true (and it appears that it may be, at least to some extent), then all the more credit to Tyndale for using "Jehovah" in his Old Testament translation from Hebrew to English. Which then begs the question: what was Tyndale's source? Either 1) he got lucky, or 2) he had access to the same Rabbinic literature the gentleman in this video used, or, 3) what I believe is far more likely, he used original manuscripts of the Hebrew Scriptures that used the full name (some did, some did not).

I am always willing to revise my view if there is sufficient evidence that requires it. If Tyndale did not in fact use the vowels of the name Adoni and combined them with the Tetragramaton to arrive at "Jehovah," as is popularly thought, then it is likely he simply rendered the English equivalent of the full name found in original manuscripts of the Hebrew Scriptures (preliminary, I'm still researching that). Wouldn't it be fascinating to know which manuscripts he used?

In Christ,
Deborah

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,120,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

3) what I believe is far more likely, he used original manuscripts of the Hebrew Scriptures that used the full name (some did, some did not).
This would be my guess.
Young's Literal Translation, which he translated directly from the Hebrew and Greek MSS consistently uses Jehovah.

"Jehovah" occurs 6,795 times in 5,753 verses in the YLT.
Genesis 1:1 (YLT)
Wouldn't it be fascinating to know which manuscripts he used?
Yes

Upvote 0